What are you missing most from normal times in BKK?

moontang

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

I miss seeing all the uni girls throughout the day, even if they are a bit young.

this guy sounds like a perv.

I didn't make the laws, I just abide by them.  Singapore Air used to pull them out of the sky at 23.  Many of the uni girls are early twenties plus.  Sorry if I upset you and your partner by not promoting homosexuality.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Word said:

They were there legally?   If they were operating on the public pavement they were causing obstructions, by definition; they were taking up space designed for pedestrians.

How can they be causing obstructions if they are on a very wide sidewalk with plenty of room for everyone?

59 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

How can they be causing obstructions if they are on a very wide sidewalk with plenty of room for everyone?

Easy, if the illegal vendors weren't there the people who had the right to walk there would be able to, with the vendors there they couldn't do that.

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:44 AM, fhickson said:

I miss seeing all the uni girls throughout the day, even if they are a bit young.

this guy sounds like a perv.

i fail to see any perversion in an older guy saying that he finds women in their 20s to be attractive

this concept of guys calling each other perverts nowadays at the drop of a hat reminds me of the cultural revolution or khmer rogue, you better be actively accusing everyone else around you of being counter-revolutionary, because if you are not actively doing so, it means you must be counter-revolutionary yourself

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, moontang said:

Anything on lower Sukhumvit relates to tourism.  They have had identical issues on KSR, too, but KSR has always sucked.

Didn't you hear the news? The whole of Khao San Road is going to be demolished in the summer to make way for an exclusive ultra-luxury high fashion megamall. https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/04/01/khaosan-road-to-become-iconkhaosan-luxury-mall-the-icon-of-prosperity-and-quality-tourism/

• Haha 1

i miss the days of no sky train and no fast food outlets and no starbucks ..its was all so peacefull then with no western influences ..the thermae 1 was still open and bernard trink was still king of the bangkok post with his night owl page

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Didn't you hear the news? The whole of Khao San Road is going to be demolished in the summer to make way for an exclusive ultra-luxury high fashion megamall. https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/04/01/khaosan-road-to-become-iconkhaosan-luxury-mall-the-icon-of-prosperity-and-quality-tourism/

dont think it will see much use when the property market collapses very soonish .liquidity will vanish and assets will become worthless in an era of zilch tourism and billionaires are on their last lambo which they cant sell

Is there not a single person here who actually works for a living?

How about I miss the income when I actually had a job there. The ability to fly in and out of Bangkok to other countries to meet prospective investors and clients. How I about "I miss not having to worry about how I can possibly meet my visa requirements for next year and get forcibly separated from my family"? I miss being able to sleep at night because I'm not so stressed out from worry without even being able to turn to alcohol to relieve the anxiety.

You guys are worried about street food and walks in the park? Really? That is the biggest thing you miss?  Do you guys all think this is some big game?

I want normal life to return not so I can enjoy it, but just so I can survive. Just ike 99% of everyone else in the city who doesn't have a guaranteed income. Normal life has to return so that I can be certain I am going to have a home to return to tomorrow. One that isn't repossessed by the bank. This is truly the most awful thing that has happened in my nearly 50 years of existence. This hell can not possibly end soon enough as far as I am concerned. Give me smog and traffic any day over this.

Bangkok is not here for amusement. It is first and foremost a center of commerce in Thailand. It must be again, and that means all of these restrictions and this madness has to stop.  I thought at least 1 person on here would be sane enough to see that.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:42 AM, Monomial said:

How about I miss the income when I actually had a job there. The ability to fly in and out of Bangkok to other countries to meet prospective investors and clients. How I about "I miss not having to worry about how I can possibly meet my visa requirements for next year and get forcibly separated from my family"? I miss being able to sleep at night because I'm not so stressed out from worry without even being able to turn to alcohol to relieve the anxiety.

You guys are worried about street food and walks in the park? Really? That is the biggest thing you miss?  Do you guys all think this is some big game?

I want normal life to return not so I can enjoy it, but just so I can survive. Just ike 99% of everyone else in the city who doesn't have a guaranteed income. Normal life has to return so that I can be certain I am going to have a home to return to tomorrow. One that isn't repossessed by the bank. This is truly the most awful thing that has happened in my nearly 50 years of existence. This hell can not possibly end soon enough as far as I am concerned. Give me smog and traffic any day over this.

Bangkok is not here for amusement. It is first and foremost a center of commerce in Thailand. It must be again, and that means all of these restrictions and this madness has to stop.  I thought at least 1 person on here would be sane enough to see that.

I miss going to the pub.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Only for you. And no, they are not too young. ???? 

thai-uni-girls-friends-1.jpg.11b6008722cb74b072af7b5ba642e60f.jpg

Cool.  They would add a nice dimension to any landscape.  Their mummies might be worth a look, too.  

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, moontang said:

Their mummies might be worth a look, too.

Indeed. I've been there. I found them the better option.

Just as good looking if not better, more pleasant to deal with, they sure know what they're doing, and carry on better convos in English. ????

On 5/1/2020 at 12:42 AM, Monomial said:

How about I miss the income when I actually had a job there.

I'm a teacher, haven't been paid since February. Most of my former colleagues had to go home. I've been hanging on thanks to some savings, Donald Trump, and MOM! ???? 

I'm not ashamed to admit it, even at my age. Some of my former colleagues bragged about having burnt their bridges. Sure glad I didn't. If you're an American, remember to call Mom on Monday morning. ????

Looking forward to getting paid at the end of the month, though it'll be reduced, with a limited online teaching schedule.