Condo measures to counter Covid

samtam

Does anyone live in a condo in Bangkok in which their gym is still open?

Ours was closed, in line with BMA regulation, but some residents are saying that the regulation does not cover "private" gyms such as those in a condo.

Whether the law is debateable, (or applicable to those who choose to make it so), the health risks are very high IMO, even if social distancing is put in place by restricting the number who use it at any one time, and with the best sanitisation protocols.

Even allowing residents to use at their own risk is meaningless, as they would potentially be spreaders when they go to and from the gym.

Edited by samtam

Does anyone employ a part time maid, whom they have furloughed?

We have furloughed ours for 6 weeks now, (although I still pay her in full). I am tempted to get her back, but also very fearful that I am opening up huge exposure to risk of infection.

How do others deal with this? 

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

Does anyone employ a part time maid, whom they have furloughed?

We have furloughed ours for 6 weeks now, (although I still pay her in full). I am tempted to get her back, but also very fearful that I am opening up huge exposure to risk of infection.

How do others deal with this? 

Our gym and swimming pool is closed and has been since for a good month or so. I expect committee's in individual buildings could open if they wanted, but i believe the instruction was meant for all condos as well. If i was a committee member i would close as per Government regulations even if some pressured me to open. You could be in a whole world of trouble if you went against the advice and opened and people spread the disease there. Even with cleaning protocol it seems to me a high risk environment. My Condo developer circulated pictures of health officials visiting one of their properties as extra proof that the closing down was not optional.

I asked my cleaner not to come since the lock down and paid her until the end of June. I still see her around as i drive past the restaurant she also works at. Will get her back when it seems safer to do so. No great urgency for me and her.

• Like 1

Smutcakes...agree with you about the gym. Not sure whether the new easing measures that "may" be announced this afternoon will alter the opening of gyms. The piece in the Bangkok Post today was its usual study in vagueness, open to interpretation etc etc. We have closed swimming pool and gym; whether it's legal or not is a moot point for me. But the health risk aspect is pretty clear. I asked our building manager if his company had reported any cases of any of their employees getting Covid 19. None apparently. I asked him if he personally knew of any person who had been infected with Covid 19. "No" was the reply. It seems strange to me when people here have multiple sick grandmothers that preculde them from...(whatever they want to get out of), and yet, miraculously, these grandmothers seem to be in rude health. Countrywide.

I asked the maid if she was able to and would like to resume, (and she said a resounding "yes"), but now I'm having second thoughts. There seems little point in inviting in the "silent mugger"...Covid obviously, not the maid!...to my home, when my skills with marigolds are becoming the stuff of legends. (And no, I'm not a practicing proctology.)

Edited by samtam