Why are Thailands numbers low? Its the mask!s

Bonobojt

8 hours ago, brain150 said:

Funny ... just because it's in the news it is suddenly true !

This FAKE PANDEMIC gets more and more funny every day !!!

... the disaster that's coming because of the reactions from Governments is very real though !!!

It's not FAKE!!! My brother works in the Healthcare industry in the USA. The hosp he works with typically has 4-5 deaths a month, currently they are seeing 5-6 deaths a day, last week it was at 8-9 deaths a day. I have a friend that is in his 50's been in the hosp for 2 week, just got out of ICU, his wife still can visit him! I have several friends that lost family members.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chessman said:

They may stop some of the droplets. Even if it is only 20% that will make a difference.

18B07A60-80FF-40AB-A173-410CE2F9DB71.jpeg

The last only does what it claims if combined with goggles. Eyes are a prime entry point for viruses, which is why we shouldn't touch our faces ( good luck with that ).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Bonobojt where have you been? i thought you were dead.  

yes. there are many reasons.  

Just took a long break from this site, plus my last trip to Pattaya went quite smoothly surprisingly so I didn't need to post anything on here. I'm still breathing for now, hope your doing well 

• Like 1

It could be a fact or it couldnt be... There are many factors that could be discused, for example all 3 most hit countries in Europe have something in common, a football games that have been played infront of full stadiums. Atalanta-Valencia, Liverpool-Atletico Madrid well even the second game in Spain was played in Valencia behind closed doors there were masses outside of stadium, pubs etc... About USA definetely the case was people which had to wait 7 hours for screening in NYC airports, just look the photos thousands of people without masks on airport. So is it because of masks or mistakes that had been done from government? Would it be different if those 4 matches wouldnt be played in Champions league or if Trump would react differently and not canned thousands and thousands ofnpeople inside airport for 7 and more hours would masks help? They would, did all Thais wear masks before outbreak? Definetely not i saw them but not more than 20% the strange thing is that countries south of Equator have the least cases while countres north of it holds around 90% of all deaths and infected, so why is that? North of Equator are also most of G20 countries actually we can count how many countries have 1000 deaths south of Equator? Is it the weather, i really think that the tests for Covid-19 are unreliable and they should look into that way to improve it, heck many of hospital workers died because of that case, they put him to white zone and when they tested second time 2 days later the result was positive. Definetely what i think is that is Bio warfare its obvious, for example when the first SARS outbreak happened they found in civet cat viruses while now they are claiming that Pangolins were the missing link between bats and humans but however NO virus Covid-19 had been found inside those animals... Is obvious. 

12 hours ago, brain150 said:

Funny ... just because it's in the news it is suddenly true !

This FAKE PANDEMIC gets more and more funny every day !!!

... the disaster that's coming because of the reactions from Governments is very real though !!!

3 hours ago, ericthai said:

It's not FAKE!!! My brother works in the Healthcare industry in the USA. The hosp he works with typically has 4-5 deaths a month, currently they are seeing 5-6 deaths a day, last week it was at 8-9 deaths a day. I have a friend that is in his 50's been in the hosp for 2 week, just got out of ICU, his wife still can visit him! I have several friends that lost family members.. 

Certainly not fake , i know a few who has been sick , but now ok again . 1 other is just out off induced coma ( ventilator ) , and nephews wife family got 4(!!) deaths . All deaths in last 2 weeks .

• Thanks 1

I’m going to have to agree with the many posters here who have theorized that the wai is responsible for slowing the spread of Corona virus in Thailand. Since this outbreak began, I have made a point of not shaking hands with any of the bar girls who I have sex with, and I haven’t been sick yet.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2020 at 12:46 AM, Mitkof Island said:

The reason is simple as with every country in the world. No enough tests. The numbers are more likely in the hundreds of thousands.

The death rate is over 100 times less than the per capita death rate in the U.S.  The death rate per million in the U.S. is 130, in Thailand it’s 0,7

It’s obvious that the infection rate is also much lower. Lack of testing isn’t the reason why Thailand is doing so much better than the U.S., UK, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Logosone said:

The Thais had it right all along, they are not lying about the numbers, the masks are key 

All Asian countries are lying about the numbers/ or incapable of reporting cases and deaths accurately.

It is well documented that numbers in Japan, China and most certainly in Thailand are absolutely false. Even in South Korea, whose pandemic response was good, the country is known for endemic corruption where telling the truth is as rare as four leaf clovers.

Anyone who thinks masks stop the pandemic needs their head examined. If that were the case all the countries would have to do is just hand out free masks.

You really dont get it do you. There is a shortage of masks one of the reasons they did not advise masks in my country was that it would mean that even less of the available masks would go to people who really need it. 

If there were enough masks then this would not have been a problem but both the US and Europe did not have enough masks.

As for fake numbers you can hide how many infections there are but you cannot hide deaths. If it was that bad in Thailand we would know about it. It makes no sense to assume otherwise. But your posting history indicates you wear a tinfoil hat so I guess whatever facts there are will never convince you.

You are wrong!

Where I am in America you can not go to a business without a mask. Don't forget social distancing too. And public areas that tend to draw groups of people have been closed.

A mask will not protect you if you get the virus on your hand and you touch your eyes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sezze said:

Certainly not fake , i know a few who has been sick , but now ok again . 1 other is just out off induced coma ( ventilator ) , and nephews wife family got 4(!!) deaths . All deaths in last 2 weeks .

I don't know anyone that has got sick.

for all I know I'm trapped in a gigantic version of the Truman show. I'm not allowed to travel out of town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You really dont get it do you. There is a shortage of masks one of the reasons they did not advise masks in my country was that it would mean that even less of the available masks would go to people who really need it. 

If there were enough masks then this would not have been a problem but both the US and Europe did not have enough masks.

As for fake numbers you can hide how many infections there are but you cannot hide deaths. If it was that bad in Thailand we would know about it. It makes no sense to assume otherwise. But your posting history indicates you wear a tinfoil hat so I guess whatever facts there are will never convince you.

Being devil's advocate, thousands die every year of flu, so how do I know they aren't saying they died of Corona? I know not a single person that has become infected, let alone end up in hospital, and that includes those overseas that I communicate with.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Being devil's advocate, thousands die every year of flu, so how do I know they aren't saying they died of Corona? I know not a single person that has become infected, let alone end up in hospital, and that includes those overseas that I communicate with.

I am not sure how well you follow the news of your own country but in my country its quite clear that there is a huge increase in people going to hospitals and dying. They had a shortage of IC beds at times. This happens all over Europe. If Thailand had the same problem it would show everyone in healthcare would know and people would talk about it on social media. So there is no way this could be hidden.

The seasonal flu is normal and this would come on top of that it would be clearly visible. Your devils advocate reply does not work as it is clearly visible in other countries there is no reason to believe it would be different in Thailand. This is not something you can hide.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am not sure how well you follow the news of your own country but in my country its quite clear that there is a huge increase in people going to hospitals and dying. They had a shortage of IC beds at times. This happens all over Europe. If Thailand had the same problem it would show everyone in healthcare would know and people would talk about it on social media. So there is no way this could be hidden.

The seasonal flu is normal and this would come on top of that it would be clearly visible. Your devils advocate reply does not work as it is clearly visible in other countries there is no reason to believe it would be different in Thailand. This is not something you can hide.

NZ has had 16 dead, a few thousand infected- few hospitalised and hospitals still waiting for the surge. If it was as bad as claimed I'd expect more than that, and I'd expect to know someone that was infected.

Perhaps the strain is different to that in your country, but seems strange to me.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

NZ has had 16 dead, a few thousand infected- few hospitalised and hospitals still waiting for the surge. If it was as bad as claimed I'd expect more than that, and I'd expect to know someone that was infected.

Perhaps the strain is different to that in your country, but seems strange to me.

If you look at Europe and the US you can see hospitals overflowing and having problems with IC beds. It just did  not happen in Thailand and not in NZ. So something is different. No clue what not going to speculate. But if it was bad then you would certainly see it. This can't be hidden not even in Thailand. So NZ and Thailand are doing something good or have a different strain, climate.. who knows. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you look at Europe and the US you can see hospitals overflowing and having problems with IC beds. It just did  not happen in Thailand and not in NZ. So something is different. No clue what not going to speculate. But if it was bad then you would certainly see it. This can't be hidden not even in Thailand. So NZ and Thailand are doing something good or have a different strain, climate.. who knows. 

They say that humidity and heat combined reduce it. Thailand is hot and humid and NZ is just coming out of a very hot summer and being not far from the coast everywhere is quite humid.

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They say that humidity and heat combined reduce it. Thailand is hot and humid and NZ is just coming out of a very hot summer and being not far from the coast everywhere is quite humid.

Yes I have read that too, but there are conflicting points of view about this. I am no expert so not going to point at stuff like that. Too many unknowns. I have heard that people who had vaccination against TBC were less likely to get corvid. Who knows many things to consider. 

But my point is that you can't hide scores of dead people or overflowing hospitals. So if it was really bad in Thailand like it was in Europe or the US we would know about it.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"I'm confident Masks and distancing help, ..."

I would be happy to read a published, peer-reviewed study (or several) on whether or not a mask actually does what Asians think it does and whether "social distancing" has any effect either.

I am not aware of any scientifically verified proof that these are more than, "Well, they seem like good ideas."

------------

That must be a typo from natway09; it should be 80 percent don't require hospitalization.

You may not be aware that when you breathe out, if you have a virus it can easily be spread over 5-6 metres - even to the next aisle in a supermarket.

However, when you wear a mask, the 'cloud' of expelled air is restricted - more of it stays near your body and is less able to travel over distance.

I wouldn't waste my time arguing about this because I'm incapable of finding a peer-reviewed study to support it... and as for distancing, I never caught any disease from anyone who was not in the same town as myself... so it's only a question of degree. 100m is possibly extremely safe - 5 metres is better than 2 metres, 2 is better than 1, 1 metre is better than 30cm.

Now there are studies that show reduced concentrations of airborne virus with time and also with range... Lots of them.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, chessman said:

I get the impression that care homes are much lesson common in Thailand. Even in richer Asian countries like Japan, it is the tradition for the very old to be taken care of in their family home.
Anybody know something about care homes in Thailand?

never seen a thai care home ..in all my travels around the realm

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not sure how well you follow the news of your own country but in my country its quite clear that there is a huge increase in people going to hospitals and dying. They had a shortage of IC beds at times. This happens all over Europe.

German public TV reports German hospitals are mind corona crisis sending home staff because hospitals are empty. Use google translate.

https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/ndr/krankenhaeuser-kurzarbeit-101.html

A citizen journalist goes into hospital and its empty. He posts footage on youtube but video gets deleted. Video about the deletion has English subtitles. Originally censored video had been uploaded to bitchute.

19 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I've not seen COVID-19 doctors denying the disease.

Very few deny viruses. But that's probably not the point to deny or not deny. The question is are the measures, the lockdown reasonable or hysteria.

Why you've never heard of any? There are plenty.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/12-experts-questioning-coronavirus-panic/5707532

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157077-is-a-thai-professor-about-to-save-the-world-economy/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155354-could-coronavirus-not-be-as-bad-as-many-are-making-out/

Oh, and Sweden still didn't do a lockdown, and still didn't collapse.

19 minutes ago, pbrock said:

German public TV reports German hospitals are mind corona crisis sending home staff because hospitals are empty. Use google translate.

https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/ndr/krankenhaeuser-kurzarbeit-101.html

A citizen journalist goes into hospital and its empty. He posts footage on youtube but video gets deleted. Video about the deletion has English subtitles. Originally censored video had been uploaded to bitchute.

Here is an article about this in the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/27/fears-seriously-ill-a-and-e-numbers-drop-coronavirus-nhs

The parts of hospitals or perhaps whole hospitals that do not deal with this virus are emptier. Partly, this is because people are out less so there are less (for example) road accidents. Partly, people are a bit scared of hospitals at the moment. This becomes a huge problem if, for example, people don’t want to attend cancer screenings. I’m sure most of the wards and hospitals dealing with Covid in major population centres are very busy.

I think also, people looked at what happened in Northern Italy and how much pressure the hospitals were under and prepared for a similar situation. Well, it’s got bad but the pressure on health services has not been the same.

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

never seen a thai care home ..in all my travels around the realm

Chiang Mai has half a dozen that I know of, Hua Hin also, usually located outside of town in rather nice location.

B40-50K per month and upward for some of the more high end locations.

jphn

The World Health Organization has repeatedly stated Masks DO NOT prevent CV.

What I would strongly suspect, is due to all the rural areas all over Thailand with no hospitals, is they have no idea the actual number of cases.

Remember this is country of fake bomb scanners, Airship blimps, and all the other fake stories they peddle.

I do not believe Thailand is giving an accurate account of this, as they have no way to monitor the entire country.

• Thanks 1

Sweden is often given as an example of a country doing well with Coronavirus. This is just not true. If you ignore a few small islands and principalities, Sweden has the 7th worst death rate per million in the world. 

They were just lucky that there exponential spread started a bit later. Social distancing is slowing things down, but death rates are slowly increasing.

Another country to look at - Belgium. You hardly here it mentioned, but it has the worst death rate per million in the world. Just has not got the attention.

Thailand - yes, very surprisingly low rates. Under-reporting? Probably, but not enough to account for the quiet hospitals. The wai, the weather, masks may just have cut transmission rates to under 1.0 - if it did that no exponential spread. Small differences can add up. One factor - apparently 11 million households have been visited by health workers (doing contact tracing?). That's impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Sweden is often given as an example of a country doing well with Coronavirus. This is just not true. If you ignore a few small islands and principalities, Sweden has the 7th worst death rate per million in the world. 

They were just lucky that there exponential spread started a bit later. Social distancing is slowing things down, but death rates are slowly increasing.

Another country to look at - Belgium. You hardly here it mentioned, but it has the worst death rate per million in the world. Just has not got the attention.

Thailand - yes, very surprisingly low rates. Under-reporting? Probably, but not enough to account for the quiet hospitals. The wai, the weather, masks may just have cut transmission rates to under 1.0 - if it did that no exponential spread. Small differences can add up. One factor - apparently 11 million households have been visited by health workers (doing contact tracing?). That's impressive.

There is no real evidence hot weather would kill SARS Cov2. MERS, also a coronavirus, thrived incredibly well in Saudi Arabia, a very hot country.

The evidence on masks doing anything is very weak:

"The government’s scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) met on Tuesday to review the evidence on wearing face masks. The Guardian understands that the group is split on the best policy to adopt because the evidence is so weak.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/21/scientists-join-calls-for-uk-public-to-wear-homemade-face-masks-outdoors

Of course Thailand is under-reporting. In Thailand nobody goes to hospital, because they can't afford it. That's why nobody gets tested because they were charing 7000 Baht. How many Thais do you think can afford that? 

This virus is perfect for remaining hidden, the symptoms with most people are very mild, akin go a cold. Half of those who have the virus have no symptoms at all. Those that die can die of lung issues, or organ failure, it would not necessarily be recorded as Covid19. Even Germany said that until recently they were not testing the dead for Covid19, zero chance of that happening in Thailand.

Again, the reason hospitals are not overrun is because the hospitalisation rate according to a Lancet paper is only 8.3%. The reason there are very few deaths in hospitals is because the death rate is very low.

In Sweden only 0.02021 of the population died of Covid19. Per capita figures are useless, because they distort the real picture, small population countries like Sweden will always look worse. But the actual death rate is miniscule.

Hence in Thailand it wouldn't even be noticed since nobody is testing.

Belgium is just recording better and more honestly.

Edited by Logosone

Death rates will show up in total death statistics. Deaths in some Italian cities and in London doubled when the virus deaths peaked, although less than half the extra deaths mentioned Covid-19. This is some indication of the true death rate.

All information supplied by all countries is unreliable due to different ways of collecting it and lack of testing. Just that is all we have to go on for now.

Edited by rickudon
add more

logosone, it doesn't take much to make a big difference in transmission rate. Mask wearing maybe only reduces it by 10% (what we need are real tests, not a laboratory one), but add on say extra UV, 20% reduction in transmission, and wai instead of handshake, say 30%, and you have 60% reduction in transmission rate. This takes it to the point where other social distancing now puts the transmission rate to below 1.0 - so most local outbreaks slowly fizzle out.

• Like 2