Health minister Anutin orders anti-viral vaccine trials accelerated

webfact

20 minutes ago, HHTel said:

The Health Minister of Thailand!!

First he posts a picture of himself and others demonstrating the absolute opposite of 'social distancing'.  Then he opens his mouth.  Not a wise thing to do because every time his mouth opens, out comes a torrent of BS.

What a plonker!!

There is more B/S comes out of his mouth than from an elephants bum.????

• Haha 1

Viruses do mutate.  It's a natural progression.  However they don't mutate at the same rate.  The last mutation of polio was found in the Congo in 2010.  They managed to eradicate the mutation.  The polio vaccine for all three types of the disease is highly effective.

In contrast, the 'flu virus mutates every year and the 'flu shot has to be developed ahead of the mutation.  Sometimes they get it right and sometimes not.  The match for 2020 is a long way from perfect and therefore deaths from 'flu is expected to be in the high numbers this year.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, has urged the National Vaccines Committee to shorten the period, required to develop the specifications for the production of a COVID-19 vaccine, from six to three months.

I can imagine the guy in Pink, looking at Anutin and saying " you used to build bridges right" ?

And you're telling me how to do my job !!!

imageproxy.png

• Like 2

Years ago I had an incompetent boss. If we were working on a project that the fastest possible timing was to finish it in three months he might say out of the blue...you have to finish that project in 1 month.

He thought it was leadership. We would walk out of the room thinking this guy knows nothing. How did he get his job. And carry on as normal.

How does a moron like Anutin keep his job?

Edited by Ketyo

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

A mere formality, after developing a cure for Ebola and HIV in the past, this one should be a no brainer for the bright minds! :thumbsup: Maybe then they can develop a cure for corruption! ????

Or even a cure for idiocy.

Can't wait for that vaccine. According to CDC.

1970 - 1 in 15,000 kids with autism due to vaccine.

Now - 1 in 43 kids with autism.

Projected in 16 years, 1 in 2 kids with autism.

Yep, can't wait for that rushed vaccine.

Thais always like to play researcher but they've have no idea how to conduct clinical trials. They are throwing darts at a board blindfolded. Early Thai researchers excitedly announced that the HIV antiviral drugs were working on patients with COVID-19 and that they had achieved a breakthrough. Then silence.. I wonder why. 

Thais should just get in line and hope to get the vaccine when another country with proper procedures develops the vaccine. And that picture with the article is a joke. They are like kids playing work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

Thais always like to play researcher but they've have no idea how to conduct clinical trials. They are throwing darts at a board blindfolded. Early Thai researchers excitedly announced that the HIV antiviral drugs were working on patients with COVID-19 and that they had achieved a breakthrough. Then silence.. I wonder why. 

Thais should just get in line and hope to get the vaccine when another country with proper procedures develops the vaccine. And that picture with the article is a joke. They are like kids playing work. 

Absolutely. Even more ironic considering Anutin's dislike to westerners is that it will most likely be those same 'filthy farang' scientists that find any form of cure / vaccine.  

• Like 1