Flights back to normal by Oct 2021, says AOT

webfact

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As of now, Thailand requires a Covid free health letter to enter the country. Will this standard be eased soon? This letter is impossible to get in the US. Are there other nations also unwilling to issue this letter? In addition they will have to drop their insistence that tourists have health insurance, if they have any real hope of attracting big tourism numbers. 

I wonder of all this also - where do you get such a letter in the US ??

It will be interesting to see how they do social distancing. And the attendants of course will not serve food. They will give you a wipe to wipe down your area and your tray table so you can eat the peanut butter sandwiches you brought.

Don't think you will be allowed to use the potty. 5555

6 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It will be interesting to see how they do social distancing. And the attendants of course will not serve food. They will give you a wipe to wipe down your area and your tray table so you can eat the peanut butter sandwiches you brought.

Don't think you will be allowed to use the potty. 5555

Save that peanut butter  -  you will not be allowed to take your own food.

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

But I need my daily dose of Durian, what I can not fly with it, please don't do that to me...how unfair...

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

What CAN we eat? Can't drink the potty water either.

Maybe every seat will have a sandwich sitting on it when you enter? Maybe everyone gets a vegie burger? 5555

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But I need my daily dose of Durian, what I can not fly with it, please don't do that to me...how unfair...

Come on., be fair, even the Thais can manage a one hour domestic flight without............................... ???

On 4/23/2020 at 6:35 AM, kingstonkid said:

Flights may be back to normal but I think it is gong to be years before people start travelling like they used to

Finding work, trying to clear debts and save will be a priority for most.

Air fares will go up ( got to keep the shareholders happy ) and numbers of flights will be down for a while.

15 hours ago, Blumpie said:

That's a hell of a trip.  Hope you didn't get whiplash from the smashing about... ????

Fortunately no, the train was going too slow but because all the carriage windows were wide open (no air conditioning), the overhanging track-side bushes were being "pruned" and we were being showered with leaf and insect debris!

5 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

with boeing laying off 7000 who will be building planes ?

Planes are parked all over the world right now.  They aren't going anywhere.  

What we just saw was peak travel.  To get it back to what it was will take a long long time unfortunately.  

I am sorry to sound so pessimistic but if things don't change with this virus we won't be doing anything anytime soon.  Best bet is it mutates into something relatively harmless to everyone.  Until then... 

11 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Fortunately no, the train was going too slow but because all the carriage windows were wide open (no air conditioning), the overhanging track-side bushes were being "pruned" and we were being showered with leaf and insect debris!

Ha ha.  I got no sleep on the train, and my train-mate was drinking vodka.  Um no thanks.  Needless to say she got sick.  

That was one crazy train ride, one I'll never do again.  Hsipaw is nice, but what a trip to get there.  

• Thanks 1