Flights back to normal by Oct 2021, says AOT

webfact

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe they haven't realised the rest of the world is skint also long haul destinations will be off the list for a while, I get the feeling British people will be holidaying at home and a lot depends on the cost of flights

I think you're right. International travel will probably be given a wide berth for quite a while unless a very effective vaccine is produced and readily available. 

• Like 1

Hey Thailand... you know the damage you done by being racist and xenophobic.. .. you think you want us to come to stay there?? ... LOL  your <deleted> hospitality you visa hell.. your stupid retirement requirement.  Hell no... 

Edited by peter14
Orthograth
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Thailand’s important destination countries are countries in the Asia-Pacific region which account for over 80 per cent of our travel.”

Good time for Vietnam and Malaysia to step things up.  That looks to be 40% too high. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Airports of Thailand (AOT) expects the volume of flights to return to normal by October 2021, AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn announced on Thursday (April 23).

Why are tourists going to come to Thailand so they can spend 14 days in forced quarantine.  And... if they dont then Thailand Covid cases will skyrocket and the Chinese will stay away.  Not sure it all makes sense ???? 

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I can't wait to get out for another Cambodian holiday.

Antimatter is dangerous stuff.

Yeah something got lost in translation. 

Here in DK we use the same word for Antimatter and antibody and I used the wrong one ????

• Haha 1

Calculating the amount of intelligence that goes into government predictions here......

1) add the Gregorian calendar year to the Buddhist calendar year

2) count the sides of a 10baht coin and subtract two

3) multiply 1) by 2)

Edited by Sir Swagman
Spelling erorre

Boys go back and read the article it says domestic flights will be the first to improve. Then the other 80 percent of there air travel which is asia pacific. I do not think they are to excited about those hot spots of the US, Europe, and the UK. But what can you expect from a westen leaning site, the world no longer revolves around the west.

• Like 1

Kinda like we don’t need the farangs as tourists...,we got the Pakistanis and Chinese??? 
It will never be the same in Thailand ever again.

watch it. Never ever it’s over 

wait till all those lights are turned off in all those vacant condos ...then you will know! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There’s not a chance flights will be back to normal this year, many Airlines will go bust, those that don't will have to put prices up to claw back lost revenue, half the world will be in serious debt or one of millions out of work, and who will want to sit for 14 hours in a plane sat near total strangers and breathing in re-cycled air, not many I think !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Todays Arrivals and Departures

https://suvarnabhumi.airportthai.co.th/en/flights

Just because there are flights out does not mean you will be able to return here, and then there is the issue about where you want to go.  Are they accepting only citizens, and is there a quarantine in place where you are wanting to go.  So just because there are flights out does not mean much if anything, and its surely not anything like normal....

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just because there are flights out does not mean you will be able to return here, and then there is the issue about where you want to go.  Are they accepting only citizens, and is there a quarantine in place where you are wanting to go.  So just because there are flights out does not mean much if anything, and its surely not anything like normal....

Many of the listed flights do not take place at all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

not unless they drop demand for insurance from covid and test certificates for covid

Requiring health insurance to enter Thailand will DESTROY your tourist industry and National economy, 100%. Philippine's will be laughing at you while they rake in the millions YOU lose! Wake up Thailand, I love you too much to see you self destruct! 

• Haha 2

From the numbers of passengers and flights, it doesn't look like he's taken account of the fact that flights will be carrying 33% fewer passengers even when full due to removing the middle seat in each row for social distancing purposes.

That in turn will increase air fares by at least 33%, even if the airlines don;t hike fares to try and recover some of the enormous losses they've sustained. Taken with the inevitable fact that most people are going to be quite a bit poorer in the future, and it doesn't bode well for the long-haul tourism industry.

From the numbers of passengers and flights, it doesn't look like he's taken account of the fact that flights will be carrying 33% fewer passengers even when full due to removing the middle seat in each row for social distancing purposes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Unbridled optimism plus reality can sometimes be interpreted as hope mixed with naivety.  ????

But one has to be impressed by their ability to predict figures to 0.1%!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I have told my Dad who is 90 that it is unfortunately unlikely that I will make it home within the next 2 years, I think that is realistic bearing in mind that I will need to get back into Thailand

Glad i don't "need" to get back to Thailand and very much looking forward to getting out ASAP. This place has gone to hell and it's only going to get worse in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Man, I sure hope they let guys who have Thai wives and kids..... and who got stuck outside of Thailand, come in a lot sooner. I had the worst luck. The country was closed up 2 weeks before my flight.

I married into a wonderful farm family last year; I had my Non-O visa (to covert to a Marriage extension/visa...which will expire in 3 weeks); I had money for the bank.

I'm a healthy 74 and made all the arrangements in the US and Thailand to allow me to settle into an easy-going existence in the country I love,....with the family I love.

Gotta be thankful for Line. We do video chats every morning and night, but it's tough for a passionate couple like us.

• Like 1