Flights back to normal by Oct 2021, says AOT

webfact

1 minute ago, sagra said:

Man, I sure hope they let guys who have Thai wives and kids..... and who got stuck outside of Thailand, come in a lot sooner. I had the worst luck. The country was closed up 2 weeks before my flight.

I married into a wonderful farm family last year; I had my Non-O visa (to covert to a Marriage extension/visa...which will expire in 3 weeks); I had money for the bank.

I'm a healthy 74 and made all the arrangements in the US and Thailand to allow me to settle into an easy-going existence in the country I love,....with the family I love.

Gotta be thankful for Line. We do video chats every morning and night, but it's tough for a passionate couple like us.

Best of luck

It must be horendous for you to be parted for so long so soon after commiting to Thailand.

I hope you get through it OK buddy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

Deja vu with a date shift?

I remember various Thai officials and organisations telling us that there would be a tourism boom in April. How about Songkran in June? Remember that one? Another lead balloon.

Never mind they can busy themselves writing alcohol bans.

One good thing is the local police checks on cars and bikes have stopped. Too hot maybe? Police afraid of being in the front-line of the virus? 

Yeah...and the hot air would blow the virus away after Songkran...what a bunch of <deleted>....TIT.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.

It’s a possibility providing that they drop there stupid insistence that people have to have $100,000 virus insurance plus a letter issued no more than 72 hours before the flight confirming they are Corona Free even Thais overseas are struggling to get such letters. I am in Thailand whilst my wife is now stuck in the U.K. having gone back to visit our newborn grandson her return flight was cancelled.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

steaming cow pat's might be described as agricultural product as well so that could mean them becoming the hub of B/S .. 

It's just another of keeping his friends in work why do they need a specific com for this ?can they not use the existing system.?

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Flights may be back to normal but I think it is gong to be years before people start travelling like they used to

Im ready to travel now, Im 62 yo and survived all the other nasties that have floated around in my lifetime. I need to get back to Thailand now so I can see my wife! If your afraid of this er... virus stay in your homes with the curtains drawn.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

not unless they drop demand for insurance from covid and test certificates for covid

And lets not forget 14 day quarantine, or that may be a plan make tourists stay in a 5***** quarantine hotel at there expense of  course 

41 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

It’s a possibility providing that they drop there stupid insistence that people have to have $100,000 virus insurance plus a letter issued no more than 72 hours before the flight confirming they are Corona Free even Thais overseas are struggling to get such letters. I am in Thailand whilst my wife is now stuck in the U.K. having gone back to visit our newborn grandson her return flight was cancelled.

Quarantine on arrival  is the answer a medical check before being allowed entry unless we want a strain here that for certain could not be contained, assuming there are no errors in reporting Thai's can think themselves fortunate so far, but second rate test kits health cert purchased on line or 200 baht in the top pocket could spell economic catastrophe if an outbreak took hold here.

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

steaming cow pat's might be described as agricultural product as well so that could mean them becoming the hub of B/S .. 

What the name of the LTD Company and are the directors the same people as AOT.

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

AOT’s management team forecasts that in fiscal year 2020 (October 2019 to September 2020) Thai airports will see about 493,800 flights and about 66.58 million passengers.

I think 250,000 flights (including the approximately 175,000 flights we saw already this fiscal year, and 25 million arrivals (of course that includes transit flights) so, in reality about 18 million tourists in fiscal 2020. It is going to take alot more than announcing "Thailand is open for business again" to bring people back here. A percentage of Chinese will return, though the numbers will be far lower than before, considering that they were the first nation to be put on the banned list, and also the fact that the average Chinese person, like the average person around the world, will be alot poorer after this insane economic shutdown is over. I would expect it will take at least a year or two, or perhaps longer, for things to return to "normal", and even then, the numbers will likely never return to the old levels for countless reasons. 

Taking into account how much the Chinese spend in the street on there hols and the economic impact they  are also suffering i wouldn't if i was a business owner here order my new car anytime soon

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe they haven't realised the rest of the world is skint also long haul destinations will be off the list for a while, I get the feeling British people will be holidaying at home and a lot depends on the cost of flights

My guess flights will be cheap for 6 months and then look out.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

Taking into account how much the Chinese spend in the street on there hols and the economic impact they  are also suffering i wouldn't if i was a business owner here order my new car anytime soon

But if I was a street cleaner, then I would be set. Why you ask, well with the chinese coming, I would have plenty of spit and <deleted> to clean up....

5 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

Deja vu with a date shift?

I remember various Thai officials and organisations telling us that there would be a tourism boom in April. How about Songkran in June? Remember that one? Another lead balloon.

Never mind they can busy themselves writing alcohol bans.

One good thing is the local police checks on cars and bikes have stopped. Too hot maybe? Police afraid of being in the front-line of the virus? 

Distancing.How more closer can you get with more then the rider on a motor cycle. And I've seen as many as four on a MC.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

If I remember correctly, Thais do not need to provided a letter they are Corona Free. Only foreigners.

I've checked how long will it take to obtain such a letter in my country... Minimum 5-7 days (if you're lucky). It's impossible to get it 72 hours before the flight.

And as for the insurance, none insurance companies have a special option for Covid.

While it's too early into the pandemic for any such estimates, that's a refreshingly realistic timeline coming from a Thai government body - I'm used to them predicting that everything will be fine within 3-6 months max.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

But if I was a street cleaner, then I would be set. Why you ask, well with the chinese coming, I would have plenty of spit and <deleted> to clean up....

I think the days of the spitting  Chinese are over, could be an interesting sight being sat outside a bar on walking street watching the scene play out after one of these filthy gross loud ignorant things spat on the floor, yes most enjoyable evening to look forward to.

As of now, Thailand requires a Covid free health letter to enter the country. Will this standard be eased soon? This letter is impossible to get in the US. Are there other nations also unwilling to issue this letter? In addition they will have to drop their insistence that tourists have health insurance, if they have any real hope of attracting big tourism numbers. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

not unless they drop demand for insurance from covid and test certificates for covid

"while traffic volume will return to normal in October 2021,” he said"

That's the most naive statement I've heard in months. People can't afford travelling anywhere after being being fired or being laid of in March-April. Airlines are talking about at least 50% increase in ticket prices. I have also a hard time believing that people will be able to fly anywhere they want without negative virus tests-certificates and travel insurances covering the coronavirus. 

Thailand tourism is dead anyway ❤️

So great ! Maybe locals will learn to respect and love foreigners who live here and spend their money year long ❤️

With so many unemployed we can also expect that people who still have a job, do it better and learn about customer service ❤️

I love this virus ❤️

• Confused 1