Flights back to normal by Oct 2021, says AOT

webfact

I'm reading some of  your comments and am amazed. A mass of cowards and doers of misfortune, You are already dead not physically but you are died of fear. This virus is a fake they took your <deleted>  I'm instead totally agreed with the AOT because it is right to be optimistic then look to the future with optimism. But you are pragmatic you have already foreseen everything isn't it?

I'll be back to LOS early of next year after which I will take a holiday period in Europe with my girlfriend I don't care if the flight will cost little bit more ,as for you, do as you wish

Edited by Russel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A lot of gloom and doom on the forum. Nobody knows for sure, but Tech can bail us out, remember, a lot of money is at stake so don't be shocked if weapons pop up to fight the virus and reduce deaths sooner rather than later.  Vaccine no....weapons (anti-virus) to reduce deaths, very possible and would be a game changer.

• Sad 1

Good god at least this news release isn't outside of the galaxy!  

I mean it could be, but it could not.  Nobody has a crystal ball.

To say that tourism will be back in 2020 is absolutely ludicrous, ridiculous, outrageous.  There will be no tourism in 2020 and the first part of 2021.  Zero.  

Until a vaccine is invented, no country will let people out of their countries for tourist purposes nor back, full stop.  

IF a vaccine is introduced that works, IF a treatment plan becomes available, then everything is off the table but I am doubtful this will happen before 2021.  

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

How interesting - I have been a railway enthusiast for many years and still am. Any opportunity to take a train ride usually taken. Recently took the Upper Shan State train from Mandalay to Hsipaw via the zigzag incline to Pyin Oo Lwin and over the Gokteik Viaduct - slow but fascinating. Still have several of my old "Ian Allen" books. Have a good day.

That's a hell of a trip.  Hope you didn't get whiplash from the smashing about... ????

• Haha 1

I don't understand why citizens still tolerate these governments and officials to rule countries. 

It's beyond imagination what is happening. Are we going to be asked to travel in flying boxes one by one or what?

It's a bloody virus. Get on with it. There are thousands if not millions of bugs that infect us on a daily basis.

17 minutes ago, garrya said:

I don't understand why citizens still tolerate these governments and officials to rule countries. 

It's beyond imagination what is happening. Are we going to be asked to travel in flying boxes one by one or what?

It's a bloody virus. Get on with it. There are thousands if not millions of bugs that infect us on a daily basis.

This is exactly as the panish flu was 100 years ago.  The second wave was devastating.  It's a good thing that scientists are on this and not people like you.  

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Airports of Thailand (AOT) expects the volume of flights to return to normal by October 2021, AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn announced on Thursday (April 23).

(Cut and pasted using tools provided to all users by Thaivisa.com.)

Always assuming there is no second wave. Good luck with that.

Edited by ParkerN

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Depends partly on future cost of flights. Will it go up as airlines need to recover their losses, or will it go down as not as many people will be able to afford to fly?

Airlines will not be able to set fares based on past losses. Fares can only be set on currently market forces such as costs, demand and supply (either by themselves or competitors). There is talk of reducing load factors to a maximum of 66% by leaving middle seats empty. Airlines are unlikey to widen losses further by flying unprofitable routes. Fuel cost is currently very low so that may help. 

8 hours ago, drbeach said:

Or more specifically, what rules the UN or WHO imposes on foreign countries. It is highly unlikely that countries will be granted full autonomy to do what they like. Since at least the end of WW2, nation states are bound to certain conventions and rules. Full sovereignty doesn't exist anymore.

OK but there's nothing stopping each country applying more restrictve requirements as they please. Some governments are bent on control of their populations more than others.

5 hours ago, barney42bb said:

Revising Visa requirements... Scrapping the proposed Thai Insurance policy...and OH bring your Baht into a realistic exchange rate...then such optimism may be well founded.

3 month visa exempt entry, 50 Baht to the GBP, 40 Baht to USD/EUR and 30 Baht to AUD would be a good start at encouraging more visitors. If there was a 5 minute test to determine passengers are Covid-19 free at flight check-in then no need for certificates or special (unobtainable) insurance. Just a dream?

4 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

OK but there's nothing stopping each country applying more restrictve requirements as they please. Some governments are bent on control of their populations more than others.

So get over it. Its unfortunately a fact of life. You can not change it, i admit it sucks, but the sooner we accept it we can find peace somewhere and try to be happy.

41 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

This is exactly as the panish flu was 100 years ago.  The second wave was devastating.  It's a good thing that scientists are on this and not people like you.  

Lol. Scientists on what?????

Every day they change their story. You are the perfect example of our society. Completely brainwashed and deviated from reality. How many months or years do you want to live in a heavily restricted life? Do you have the slightest idea how many people die from cancer, aids, flu, malaria and many more? Life is tough. Protect yourself and get on with it. And to cite you:if people like me not government and pharma funded scientists were on this sh..ty virus, the problem would be solved more efficiently. Mr bubble, keep living in your world.

10 hours ago, Chaaang said:

If I remember correctly, Thais do not need to provided a letter they are Corona Free. Only foreigners.

I've checked how long will it take to obtain such a letter in my country... Minimum 5-7 days (if you're lucky). It's impossible to get it 72 hours before the flight.

And as for the insurance, none insurance companies have a special option for Covid.

For reference: Getting 12 month's Covid insurance in Thailand (I'm on a Retirement Visa) was no problem. Online form to fill in. On completion an email with a policy number and an emailed policy within a week. Cost 850 Baht. 

That's a very bold statement , looking ahead 1.5y . I would say , they might be right , IF they find a vaccin /cure and IF economy is back on tracks by then . Having the flights there , by 18 months away , they could be right , but economy wise , many people are hurting bad , and many business will fail . Saying that they will go on a holiday in Thailand by then , in the same numbers as before ... they must have some magic crystal ball . Can they pls send the Euromillions numbers for friday 25 December 2020 to me .

18 hours ago, webfact said:

“If the Covid-19 situation is brought under control in countries worldwide, the economy in Thailand and other major countries will recover, while traffic volume will return to normal in October 2021,” he said.

All dependent on how soon a suitable vaccine can be (1) developed, (2) tested, and (3) applied for inoculation purposes on a global scale. I gather that we are still 6 months away from (1); to get (2) & (3) done & dusted within the subsequent 12 months could well be rather going it, I think.

1 hour ago, Ranshoko said:

For reference: Getting 12 month's Covid insurance in Thailand (I'm on a Retirement Visa) was no problem. Online form to fill in. On completion an email with a policy number and an emailed policy within a week. Cost 850 Baht. 

can you post or pm me  the details many thanks

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

All dependent on how soon a suitable vaccine can be (1) developed, (2) tested, and (3) applied for inoculation purposes on a global scale. I gather that we are still 6 months away from (1); to get (2) & (3) done & dusted within the subsequent 12 months could well be rather going it, I think.

Human trials of a vaccine have already started in Seattle and Germany plans to start a human trial of a vaccine by the end of April.  Johnson & Johnson plans their human trial for September and, if successful, hopes to have it available by the beginning of 2021.  

20 hours ago, Toany said:

Stupid to make any prediction when so much is unknown about how the virus situation will go. Maybe they open their mouth in case people forget who they are

I wonder if the love affair with the Chinese is over or will they be happy with 2nd & 3rd wave covid-19 pestilence to once again infect the Thai's. Other countries won't be opening international borders until global infection rates are close to zero.

7 hours ago, garrya said:

Lol. Scientists on what?????

Every day they change their story. You are the perfect example of our society. Completely brainwashed and deviated from reality. How many months or years do you want to live in a heavily restricted life? Do you have the slightest idea how many people die from cancer, aids, flu, malaria and many more? Life is tough. Protect yourself and get on with it. And to cite you:if people like me not government and pharma funded scientists were on this sh..ty virus, the problem would be solved more efficiently. Mr bubble, keep living in your world.

Keep up, we are isolating and banned from travelling not to keep us alive but to stop hospitals and health services from being totally overwhelmed body's in the street! Once the rate of infections reach -1 and and stays there we will be back to work, schools will open.Just dont expect to be able to travel freely and the bars and clubs to open or spectator sports to be allowed maybe not till next year.

11 hours ago, JeffyInBkk said:

My Gawd..these government people are so funny! The really think that everybody is so so stupid. 

In what respect oh enlightened one ?? Don't answer !!  as I feel you're my worst nightmare - a conspiracy theorist with all the right answers.

2 hours ago, adammike said:

Keep up, we are isolating and banned from travelling not to keep us alive but to stop hospitals and health services from being totally overwhelmed body's in the street! Once the rate of infections reach -1 and and stays there we will be back to work, schools will open.Just dont expect to be able to travel freely and the bars and clubs to open or spectator sports to be allowed maybe not till next year.

Insane. Why the <deleted> are we on this planet then? Just to sit in our crampy houses? It's pathetic how people jump for this scaremongering. 

2 hours ago, Melbun said:

In what respect oh enlightened one ?? Don't answer !!  as I feel you're my worst nightmare - a conspiracy theorist with all the right answers.

It's interesting when an ordinary citizen mulls over and assumes a scenario, he is considered a conspiracy theorists, but when governments and governement-funded scientists come out with ideas on things that are incorrect or simply prediction, they are called the experts. Not that governments and these so-called bl..dy scientists are always wrong with their predictions. 

Pathetic society we live in.

How many experts have found thew cure for this and that, or found the origin of this and that,  or the culprits who did this and that....And  they are almost always wrong.. They are never conspiracy theorists LOL.  

Edited by garrya