Any open AIS, DTAC, or TRUE stores?

asiacurious

Does anyone know of a stand alone AIS, DTAC, or TRUE store that is open these days?  As all the malls are closed, all the company stores in the malls are also closed.

I'm guessing there must be at least a couple of large stand alone (outside of malls) stores for each of the big companies.  I need to change my plan and upgrade some equipment.  (I've seen several small independent shops that sell sims and basic stuff, but I'm looking for actual company owned/affiliated stores.)

Also, anyone know if TRUE still offers their 10Mbit unlimited for 200bath/month plan?  AIS has one but their coverage is a bit weak where I live.

Thanks!

Edited by asiacurious

Other than buying hardware, a change of plan or new sim etc could be done over the phone/internet or 7/11. Maybe clarify what you mean by upgrade equipment ? The telco shops in the mall dont often carry much hardware, and its often expensive.

• Like 2

I read the mobile stores were allowed to reopen in Nonthaburi, as of several days ago.  Central Rattanabet...by the Owl Market..on the Purple Line and many bus lines.  I make no guarantees on monkey shows.  Many of the prepaid deals are better than the post paid.  I get 30 GB at 4 Mbps for 100 THB per month.  The people at the stores simply enter the same codes available to the public.  

21 hours ago, asiacurious said:

As all the malls are closed, all the company stores in the malls are also closed.

Are you sure? Last week the DTAC booth inside our local Robinson store was open and so was the AIS store on the same floor.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, moontang said:

I read the mobile stores were allowed to reopen in Nonthaburi, as of several days ago.  Central Rattanabet...by the Owl Market..on the Purple Line and many bus lines.  I make no guarantees on monkey shows.  Many of the prepaid deals are better than the post paid.  I get 30 GB at 4 Mbps for 100 THB per month.  The people at the stores simply enter the same codes available to the public.  

Yeap, in a Tesco Lotus Mail in Nonthaburi the AIS, DTAC, and True stores were open, but you could only talk to the reps at the very entrance of the stores....you couldn't walk in and look at product.   Kinda like a lot of restaurants where you can order takeout food at their entrance but you can not go in and set down for a meal. 

21 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Looking to upgrade the phone and get a pocket wifi too.

I guess you've done your homework on charging.

I 'bought' a pocket wifi, I was aware there would be a 'start-up' fee on my next bill and of course a wifi monthly data fee and a small monthly equipment usage charge.

What I didn't realize was there is a substantial charge for 12 months to actually buy the equipment and it's not cheap.

In Thailand I've always been happy with the phone service offered by AIS.

Edited by scorecard

22 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Looking to upgrade the phone and get a pocket wifi too.

The phone stores have been open for a while, they didn't even close them in the malls. Try to read news online and you'll know what's going on. 

21 hours ago, moontang said:

Most phone stores in the mall such as AIS and DTAC had service representatives on site but you cannot look at products phone hardware. Some malls are closed and won't let non-essential service staff enter. In other words they were operating on a representation level ... 

I get unlimited high speed for 100 THB per month.

Our local multi brand store in Kumphawapi (independent owned) is open with tape barrier so to keep distance. 

Sims,Phone,accessories, Repair etc. I’ve gone there for 4 years...great service. I’ve gone to the brand stores twice...

heres you number #100 we’re on #2 .. lots of sit or stand time..

18 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Slightly off topic, but what does a pocket WiFi do that a normal sim in your phone won’t do? Is it just more tethered devices?

I think it is mainly for people whose devices don't have SIM.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, Enzian said:

True store first level Fortune Town was open a while back, all upper floors and  most of Central Plaza closed, meaning no AIS for me to top up since the web site won't recognize my credit cards.

It's almost amazing that US cc work on the MEA app...powerbuy and AIS..nope..there is always the machines..