Covid-19: Foreigners stepping up to help stricken Thais

webfact

26 minutes ago, Dondon said:

My wife has fed 27 families enough food for 2-3 weeks in Issan this last week. Planning on doing the same again for 40 families before she returns home to USA in June. Money coming from local friends here in USA just a little bit to help how we can

Kudos to you. Its nice to see some humanity instead of some on here thinking the economy is number one and old people arent worth the effort to save.

• Like 2

Living in a village community one can see that poverty is a gradient, at the top are the ones who can buy street food, beer and lottery tickets, even pay the rent. At the bottom end they squat dwell in empty houses with a cable to a street lamp, get everything on credit and move on when credit runs dry. Yet strangely even the poorest seem to own a truck.

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

And that's only what he has declared.

Why haven't CP company gone out nationwide in trucks handing out free 'food'?

I know it's mechanically separated regurgitated slop but it beats starvation

I haven't seen one of the uber rich help out yet, and you would know because they would make sure every man and his dog knew about it

I think their excuse would be "We are just following the rule of law and observing the curfew by staying home, and social distancing ourselves from everyone to help stop the spread." Yup, that is how much they 'love' Thailand and their 'countrymen'.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Kudos to these guys who are putting themselves out, to help those in need. They will never get credit from racist creeps like Anutin. Nor would that small hearted man use any of his own rather substantial fortune - Mr. Anutin Charnvirakul Bhumjaithai party leader, deputy prime minister and public health minister, has 4.249 billion baht (his assets include two planes, two motor boats, 24 Buddha images worth 121 million baht and 395 million baht in bank deposits), to aid those in need. It would never have even occurred to him. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/10-billionaires-to-the-poorest-among-thailands-500-mps/

funny but the majority of them appear to belong to Palang Pracharat  or Bhumjaithai that are part of Prayut's gang

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

And that's only what he has declared.

Why haven't CP company gone out nationwide in trucks handing out free 'food'?

I know it's mechanically separated regurgitated slop but it beats starvation

I haven't seen one of the uber rich help out yet, and you would know because they would make sure every man and his dog knew about it

while the majority of western countries super rich have handed out donations, Thais uper rich should learn from civilized nations and help the less privileged, if they don't want to give cash they can provide first necessity items

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

while the majority of western countries super rich have handed out donations, Thais uper rich should learn from civilized nations and help the less privileged, if they don't want to give cash they can provide first necessity items

@spidermike007 kind of curious to know why my post is sad by your standards, can you, please, explain what's sad about it, thanks

if they would let me travel to Thailand I am prepared to get my SETV and stay for 60 then 30 days with an extension for a long vacation.  But no way to meet any of the insurance stuff or get certificates, and things scheduled at the same time to synch up with my travel