Hooray, cheaper electric bills for March to May

Kan Win

36 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

We are still in bill shock.... We average 1800-2000 baht a month, yesterday our bill was 6300 BAHT !!! 

Have you checked the meter reading, our bill is well up with me working from home but nothing like that percentage.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

Yes things are different. We have gone from 2 to 6 people during this virus. We have aircon going in the study during the day and 2 bedroom aircons going at night... The only difference is the second aircon of a night... So either it is a piece of <deleted> (we did not use it before) or someone is taking the <deleted>.... 

Don’t forget that the temperatures have also gone up. Due to the reduction it looks as if you may be getting up to 2,000 Baht credit towards your next bill, I cannot do the calculations as I know you used about 1470kWh for this bill but I don’t know your February usage. 

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Don’t forget that the temperatures have also gone up. Due to the reduction it looks as if you may be getting up to 2,000 Baht credit towards your next bill, I cannot do the calculations as I know you used about 1470kWh for this bill but I don’t know your February usage. 

Don,t hold your breath on the 2,000 baht....my girl friend (and the majority of her friends) have received NOWT......:whistling:

• Like 1

Quote:

Different rates of discount apply depending on the amount of units in excess of what the household consumed in their February cycle.

For example, if a household uses more electricity than what they used in February but does not exceed 800 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February.

For households that consume 800-3,000 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February, plus 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage.

Well, my last bill is higher but no compensation..  Wifey said something about three percent but not sure water or electric. Got both bills, both higher and nothing about discounts.

That said, it is just on the news. Nothing official on the pages at PEA/MEA only except for the 5/15 meters and not exceeding 90 units/months.

Additional quotes:

The discounts will be automatically deducted, or refunded for those who already paid, from the bills of the following months, the energy minister said.

The measure will only apply to ordinary household users.

Metropolitan Electricity Authority spokesman Jaturong Suriyasasin said the summer’s heat and extended stay at home may explain the surge of electricity usage.

“We are still charging the same rate,” Jaturong said.

So the first phrase says this will be reflected on the next bill if already paid.  Will look on that.

The second phrase, it is not clear that MEA is following the ministry advice or staying with their own rate then the discount would be for PEA.

2 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Quote:

Different rates of discount apply depending on the amount of units in excess of what the household consumed in their February cycle.

For example, if a household uses more electricity than what they used in February but does not exceed 800 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February.

For households that consume 800-3,000 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February, plus 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage.

Well, my last bill is higher but no compensation..  Wifey said something about three percent but not sure water or electric. Got both bills, both higher and nothing about discounts.

That said, it is just on the news. Nothing official on the pages at PEA/MEA only except for the 5/15 meters and not exceeding 90 units/months.

If the news is correct it will kick in on the next bill. For many the cost per unit would be 2.212 down from 4.4217 For units over the February bill 

My landlady has a history of ripping me off via electricity so I shan't hold my breath. That said, I've asked the gf to talk to her in regards to how much, if any deductions we might expect. My power bill is usually 4 to 5k a month (one aircon, only on at night), I'm hoping I don't get too much of a shock at the end of the month.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Don,t hold your breath on the 2,000 baht....my girl friend (and the majority of her friends) have received NOWT......:whistling:

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You will not get it that quickly 

Two of her Thai friends registered after her and received it within 7 days.....nearly 3 weeks later and all she sees is "pending"...........:whistling:

16 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You will not get it that quickly 

Sure not for March/April cycles (from a parallel thread and our own bill). This time only the 3% deduction was done.

Likely for cycles ending in May.

Such short notice measures take some effort for the IT guys/programmers.

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Quote:

The 3% nonsense was the first suggestion from the government. It's now replaced with the new official announcement. But it doesn't cover everybody. 

Just now, Max69xl said:

The 3% nonsense was the first suggestion from the government. It's now replaced with the new official announcement. But it doesn't cover everybody. 

If people are paying the official government price/unit, that's ฿4/unit +7% tax (1 unit = 1kWh), the price will only go up because of extended usage when staying at home a lot more when not working and also because of the curfew. Air-cons and TV's will probably be turned on a lot more in most households. People paying double price = ฿8/unit (or even up to ฿10/unit) will see their bills skyrocket. 

1 hour ago, AtlasAus said:

Well...

We are still in bill shock.... We average 1800-2000 baht a month, yesterday our bill was 6300 BAHT !!! 

Yes things are different. We have gone from 2 to 6 people during this virus. We have aircon going in the study during the day and 2 bedroom aircons going at night... The only difference is the second aircon of a night... So either it is a piece of <deleted> (we did not use it before) or someone is taking the <deleted>.... 

My Mrs is so angry she was telling anyone who would listen in our village last night, even the shop with all it;s fridges only got to 4K Baht..... 

I suggested the kids may have to have fans... oops, that was not the thing to say apparently ????

Same here,huge rise for the latest bill,with no difference for usage,in fact less usage,apparently a few Thais questioned the Electricity people and it was a bit of 'Up to you' response,and something like a reduction for the next bill,must wait and see,the ones on the lower use band got the same size bill as always,at this time it looks like a bit of 'stealth cash removal',maybe to make up for the governments huge revenue loss at this time.

Edited by Sonyboy

58 minutes ago, Sonyboy said:

Same here,huge rise for the latest bill,with no difference for usage,in fact less usage

You got charged more for less?

If the meter readings and charges on your bills confirm the error ask for a refund.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If people are paying the official government price/unit, that's ฿4/unit +7% tax (1 unit = 1kWh),

Correct pricing 

65C965D7-1CE6-4734-9F3A-35853237A181.jpeg.de666aa80aabc502af791e158f29f3f9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

But i was charged the full amount! - ? so wrong information again!

Were is the information that you will get a reduction now for a bill that has already been produced?

and also check your bill against the MEA calculator before jumping to conclusions.

It's now replaced with the new official announcement. But it doesn't cover everybody. 

Correct it does not cover businesses but all private customers are covered as long as the report is substantially correct. And only about 22 million households.

The 3% nonsense was the first suggestion from the government.

It almost certainly is the 3% has already been applied 

last October we used 649 units and paid ฿2,789.15

our last bill was for 655 units  and paid ฿2,732.28

edit the PEA calculator shows the bill should be ฿2,816.75 so 2 bottles of beer.

More power used lower price. Nonsense to you, an extra bottle of beer to me ???? 

The meter readers can make mistakes, though not often. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

9 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Apprently we got a 3% reduction according to something written on the bill, shame this month was 2000 higher than last month !!

If you go to the MEA  calculator you can find out exactly how much you saved. We saved about 80 baht. If the article is correct we will get about 1,200 baht credit on our next bill. ???? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you go to the MEA  calculator you can find out exactly how much you saved. We saved about 80 baht. If the article is correct we will get about 1,200 baht credit on our next bill. ???? 

This months bill was 2000 higher than last months so Ive a sneaking suspicion Ive saved nothing with this 3% discount.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Have you checked the meter reading, our bill is well up with me working from home but nothing like that percentage.

And I have checked our fridge and freezer are both working almost constantly so upping the lekky bill.

I have an app on my phone called ECAS where I read the meter every day ( when I take the dog for his ablutions! ) and put the reading in, just to be on the safe side. I also have a consumption monitor from UK which shows consumption at any instant. 

Edited by stouricks

15 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

This months bill was 2000 higher than last months so Ive a sneaking suspicion Ive saved nothing with this 3% discount.

You have spent less than you would have had to if the discount was not in place. It’s not much but every little helps.