Flocculent and fiber pools

LivinLOS

Current house has a one piece in ground fiber pool, aside from preferring overflow pools, and being a bit small, its been really decent. Easy to care for, cheap to run, overall its been much better than I expected them to be. 

Last time I went to buy chemicals as I was buying the flocculent the staff asked what kind of pool I had, and when I said I had a fiber pool they then said I couldnt use regular floc and I had to use a (near twice as expensive) speed floc (or super floc) which due to my my poor Thai and thier non existent english I could not understand why this was important. I suspected a FAT (farang added tax) but as I didnt want to cause any issues on my landlords pool grabbed the higher priced option. 

Certainly no big deal in the greater scheme of things but before I buy another one, curious if theres any basis in what she was saying, or if it was a con job ?? I will say if it was, she was a pretty good actress as she really made out that there was a problem, not a preference, to using normal / cheaper flocculent. 

B/S for a start.

2nd why are you using floc? Do you have a dust problem?

I would only use a flocculant if the pool had an algae bloom or you had some fine particles that the filter can't take out!

Change your filter media to "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass & get a far superior filtration.

It last 15 yrs as well.

See attached.

Eco Clear.pdf

had a low chlorine state a week or so back and it got cloudy.. Its been unusually hard to get clear again as each mornings vacuum was stirring it back up. 

Its pretty good now but the speed floc seems to make much lighter easier to stir sedimentation than the normal stuff. 

And visit back to the same show and they were clear also, no reason to not use regular floc. 

I agree the filter almost certainly could do with new filter medium, but its a rental house so if the landlord doesnt care / wont do it, I am not inclined to. 

Vacuum slowly to waste. If it is a small pool it would be cheaper topping up with water than buying flocculant.

Unless you can buy powdered aluminium sulphate & know how to use it?

Edited by Bagwain