From Sweden to south east asia may 2020

I am working from home in Sweden, with a snow storm outside and nothing fun going on, and I am watching travelers on youtube having the time of their life all around south east asia. I am thinking, is there any country which it would be possible for me to travel to in may 2020? I would not mind a 2 week quarantine in the country of chose.

I am thinking about countries such as Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Cambodia. Maybe even Malaysia or Indonesia.

Is it possible? Seems like a dream to spend half a year working from abroad near to the ocean.

I can get a doctors note easily, if it helps.

Thanks

Edrigo

...I can get a doctors note easily, if it helps.

What for?  A mental disorder???  Get real.  No country in S.E. Asia is in the mood to welcome foreigners right now, especially from Sweden, where social distancing etc seems to have taken a back seat.

2 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I am working from home in Sweden, with a snow storm outside and nothing fun going on,

and i am sitting in my house in Hua Hin Thailand everyday all day since March 10 with nothing fun going on and not much to do and no where to go. 

i can't even get a haircut. 

try booking a flight to Bangkok for May 1 and let us know how it goes. 

Where in Sweden are you as it was 20 degrees and a beautiful spring day in Stockholm today. 

I'm also in Sweden right now and it's pretty good here, no lockdown. 

S. E. Asia is closed for business. 

It's not only 14 quarantine, bars, restaurants, shopping closed. 

You can't even go out after curfew. 

Even if you manage to get a doctor certification for travel you can't get any travel insurance as the Swedish state department has warned for travel. 

This means that if you get sick be prepared for one million kroner in medical costs. 

42 minutes ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Thailand is not an option, even Thais have difficulties entering their own country at this point.
And as others have pointed out, this is not the time to visit SEA. 

Thailand MAY be an option after 1 May as the Prime Minister is considering opening the Country up again.  Koh Samui, which is a lovely Island on the Eastern Seaboard is a great place to visit.  Quite a few of the costal places are closed and Visitors are not even allowed to walk along the beaches, however, that is not the case here, providing people wear face masks and respect the social distancing, you can wander around to your hearts delight, or rent a motor bike and have a cruise around the Island.  If you would like to come here, PM me and I would be more than happy to help you.  Stay well and stay safe!

21 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I am working from home in Sweden, with a snow storm outside and nothing fun going on, and I am watching travelers on youtube having the time of their life all around south east asia. I am thinking, is there any country which it would be possible for me to travel to in may 2020? I would not mind a 2 week quarantine in the country of chose.

I am thinking about countries such as Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Cambodia. Maybe even Malaysia or Indonesia.

Is it possible? Seems like a dream to spend half a year working from abroad near to the ocean.

I can get a doctors note easily, if it helps.

Thanks

Edrigo

So you're in Sweden in a snow storm?

temperatur.jpg.4f5ee5cd50162b26ad62c3887dd41831.jpg

nedbor.jpg.518faa3c3b7707d99c6b722a17916fd6.jpg

vind.jpg.19366857b1108ebdf245a19253de2f6e.jpg

Is that Trollhavn by any chance?

On 4/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I am thinking, is there any country which it would be possible for me to travel to in may 2020? I would not mind a 2 week quarantine in the country of chose.

Can't really think of anywhere to travel to from Sweden in May 2020, presume Sweden will be flashing red alert risk zone...

Don't count on Thailand in May, but perhaps later; Cambodia or Vietnam might be best options...????

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Thailand MAY be an option after 1 May as the Prime Minister is considering opening the Country up again.  Koh Samui, which is a lovely Island on the Eastern Seaboard is a great place to visit.  Quite a few of the costal places are closed and Visitors are not even allowed to walk along the beaches, however, that is not the case here, providing people wear face masks and respect the social distancing, you can wander around to your hearts delight, or rent a motor bike and have a cruise around the Island.  If you would like to come here, PM me and I would be more than happy to help you.  Stay well and stay safe!

Are you in tourist industry? 

Encourage someone from Sweden to visit? Look at Sweden's death toll.

I live in Thailand full time, have retirement visa and business in Pattaya, came back to UK at beginning of March for 2 weeks, had ticket to fly back end March plus covid 19 test that shows clear, plus fit to fly cert and all necessary insurance but airline would still not let me fly. Stuck in UK now isolating until boarders open. Could be worse the sun is shining ,im covid free, good food to eat and no alcohol bans. what more does a man want. Oh yeah, his Thai girl on his arm.  Stay safe everyone it won't last forever.

" . . . what do you mean when you say 'our borders are open'?"

Perhaps surprisingly, the UK has imposed no additional entry restrictions due to the epidemic. Fly to London from New York, no problem, if there are flights.

But it has put the country into a type of lock-down, and that's a strong deterrent to travel.

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

Can't really think of anywhere to travel to from Sweden in May 2020, presume Sweden will be flashing red alert risk zone...

Don't count on Thailand in May, but perhaps later; Cambodia or Vietnam might be best options...????

Vietnam were one of the first to have everyone enter 14-day mandatory quarantine and state-provided facilities (not hotels) before they stopped issuing visas and then banned flights. Their public health system is fragile so they will be among the last to re-open I reckon.

Cambodia... probably only if you can get a direct flight with no stopovers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived