Looking for Thai nanny

Matty6969

My wife (Thai) and I are looking for a Thai nanny/ cleaner. Obviously proving difficult during these strange times. Mainly to look after our 16 month old son but also to include cooking and cleaning.

My wife works mainly from home (due to COVID) but has to go into BKK once or twice a week. I need to go back to working offshore in Europe hence the need for a nanny.

We live in a private village about 10km NE of BKK.

Any recommendations on where else to look would be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

• Haha 2

Just now, Matty6969 said:

Not in Thailand, they call it a village

Well lets not argue, you have yours and I have mine based on 10 yrs on this board and 16 yrs living here. ????

Each to his own term of reference.

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Well lets not argue, you have yours and I have mine based on 10 yrs on this board and 16 yrs living here. ????

Each to his own term of reference.

I've heard them referred to as falang ghettos????????????

Moo-Baan...   who cares whether or not it has a gate, a barrier, the make up of Thai's vs Westerners in the complex, they usually have a security post so people from the public are unable to enter freely. It was pretty obvious what the Op meant to anyone who has spent any time in Thailand.

OP: We've had Nanny's from agencies in the Past. Its a Sh!t show. It doesnt matter what agency is recommended to us by a friend etc it all comes down to the individual nanny. We've struck gold and had a great nanny who had to leave, then we struck out on successive other nannies.

Getting a Nanny who will cook and clean etc is going to be tricky - It may be worth considering hiring a Nanny for that specific job, then having a maid come to your house once or twice per week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Moo-Baan...   who cares whether or not it has a gate, a barrier, the make up of Thai's vs Westerners in the complex, they usually have a security post so people from the public are unable to enter freely. It was pretty obvious what the Op meant to anyone who has spent any time in Thailand.

OP: We've had Nanny's from agencies in the Past. Its a Sh!t show. It doesnt matter what agency is recommended to us by a friend etc it all comes down to the individual nanny. We've struck gold and had a great nanny who had to leave, then we struck out on successive other nannies.

Getting a Nanny who will cook and clean etc is going to be tricky - It may be worth considering hiring a Nanny for that specific job, then having a maid come to your house once or twice per week.

I know, right?!

Thanks Richard

• Sad 1