Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

It is all a bit silly now.

I have just checked in some guests from Hua Hin.

115 cases in Hua Hin yesterday but no testing on Samui island is required.

"114 patients are being treated at Hua Hin Hospital, with 1 patient being treated at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin. " - TV.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

It is all a bit silly now.

I have just checked in some guests from Hua Hin.

115 cases in Hua Hin yesterday but no testing on Samui island is required.

"114 patients are being treated at Hua Hin Hospital, with 1 patient being treated at Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin. " - TV.

I hope the authorities manage to contain it, but I think too late. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd appreciate if someone can help me understand my situation:

- I live in Samui
- I have a work permit, showing my address

- I left samui on 13/4, and have since been in Sisaket (orange), with a 3 day visit to Buriram (also orange).
- I shall be returning to Samui this coming weekend.

- I shall be travelling from Ubon airport (also orange), via Suvarnabhum, to Samui airport

Do I need any documents to travel? And if so, what?
And will I have to home quarantine for 14 days?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Related question: If I stay 1 or 2 weeks in an orange zone like Koh Chang and then travel straight to Samui (minibus from Koh Chang to Bangkok, plane to Samui), do I need a certificate of necessicity and to quarantine on Samui just because I cross a red zone (which I cannot avoid since there's no direct connection from Koh Chang to Koh Samui ?) ? 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, goagoa said:

Related question: If I stay 1 or 2 weeks in an orange zone like Koh Chang and then travel straight to Samui (minibus from Koh Chang to Bangkok, plane to Samui), do I need a certificate of necessicity and to quarantine on Samui just because I cross a red zone (which I cannot avoid since there's no direct connection from Koh Chang to Koh Samui ?) ? 

I wonder the same, any info please?

On 5/2/2021 at 5:57 AM, goagoa said:

4 hours ago, kralledr said:

I wonder the same, any info please?

You could ask Bangkok Airways what the claim from you of certificates, as they are your transportation onto Samui.

15 minutes ago, kralledr said:

No, il take my car..

Then check with the two ferry lines from Donsak...????

You might also need to check the provinces you pass and drive through on the way down...????

Edited by khunPer

I just checked with Bangkok Air and they said the following (new rules as from May 5th):

1. The only requirement to travel from a dark red zone to Samui with Bangkok Air is a covid test not older that 72 hours before departure.

2. This covid test doesn't need to be a PCR test, a rapid test suffices too.

3. A certificate that the travel is necessary is not required for Samui, only for the city of Surat Thani itself.

4. 14 days of quarantine are not required if a covid test not older than 72 hours exists.

5. You have to scan the QR code "Samui Health Pass" in Bangkok and present it when you arrive in Samui.

They also mentioned this FB site for infos: https://www.facebook.com/covidcenterkohsamui/

That would be great if true, can anyone confirm this ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the news articles, coming from a "red zone" you are supposed to do quarantine...

Naew Na reported that all visitors from deep red zones are supposed to quarantine on the island for 14 days or for the duration of their stay.

Source article...

Hi quick question, I'm visiting Koh Phangan on business and planning to drive from Bangkok to Chumphon by road - are there any restrictions I shd be aware of apart from RT PCR test and is the ferry running normally ? Many thanks 

Edited by Tingtong69

41 minutes ago, Tingtong69 said:

Hi quick question, I'm visiting Koh Phangan on business and planning to drive from Bangkok to Chumphon by road - are there any restrictions I shd be aware of apart from RT PCR test and is the ferry running normally ? Many thanks 

Chumphon ferry to Phangan might be service by speed boat and is not running normally. You need to check details with Lomprayah, their timetable is HERE.

A two week quarantine, or the length of the stay, might be mandatory on Phangan, see above post from May 10th.

9 hours ago, kiever said:

Can i come from bkk to phangan without quarantine if i have negative  pcr test  ? Do i need to provide more documents other than negative pcr test to come kph phangan from bkk ?

You need to check status with the boat company or ferry line, if above statement about quarantine when entering Phangan from a high-risk province is still valid.

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

Bangkok Airways terminate lease of Samui Airport early

-but I'm not sure if it equals any changes, it might more likely be some financial technical thing...????

Kan være et billede af tekst

Interesting transaction...normally these days the airlines sell assets.  The 70% share they need to pay back is 12.5 billion baht, or nearly 90% of the company's market cap on SET. Their gearing is already 160%, if they borrow that amount it will go much higher.

The announcement looks quite opaque, but it is possible that the landlord is probably unwilling to reduce rent for the Samui airport. They mention in the document the acquisition is to be funded with cash from the cash flow and/or loan. Cash flow? Last financial year and Q1 this financial year they lost around 6 billion baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1