Transport from/to the islands Phangan, Tao and Samui

8 minutes ago, james12345thailand said:

are ferries between Samui and Koh Tao running normally?

I understand that it is a reduced service and a speedboat (rather than the catamaran).

I have a guest who is taking the 08.00 tomorrow morning. According to the timetable, that is the only service.

According to Samui Info by Nicha...

3 Options to avoid 14 days quarantine in Ko Samui for visitors from Red & Dark red zones (Domestic visitors). However, 'isolation measures' are required during the stay for example mask wearing, social distancing, avoid crowded areas, using hands sanitizer, don't touch others.
Otherwise visitors from Red & Dark red zone must do a 14 days quarantine in Ko Samui.
????DARK RED ZONE (4 Provinces):
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani & Samut Prakarn,
????RED ZONE (16 provinces):
Kanchanaburi, Chonburi, Chacheongsao, Tak, Nakorn Pathom, Nakorn Sri Thammarat, Narathiwas, Prachaubkirikhan, Ayuthaya, Petchaburi, Yala, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, SongKhla & Samut Sakorn
✍????Source: Announcement of Surat Thani No.46 dated 7 June 2021.

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "3 Exceptions for 14 days quarantine when visiting Ko Samui for visitors from Dark Red & Red zone BUT following Isolation measures is required (Mask wearing, avoid crowded areas, hand sanitizer, don't touch others) 1.) Have negative RT-PCR test less than 12 hours 2.) Vaccinated with 2 doses છ show the vaccination document to an official 3.) In case of being considered 'High risk' and got tested with RT-PCR COVID1 9 Ag Rapid test with negative test result at the screening point Source: Announcement ofSurat Thani Province No. 64 Dated7 June 2021. f SAMUI INFO By NICHA"

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

According to Samui Info by Nicha...

3 Options to avoid 14 days quarantine in Ko Samui for visitors from Red & Dark red zones (Domestic visitors). However, 'isolation measures' are required during the stay for example mask wearing, social distancing, avoid crowded areas, using hands sanitizer, don't touch others.
Otherwise visitors from Red & Dark red zone must do a 14 days quarantine in Ko Samui.
????DARK RED ZONE (4 Provinces):
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani & Samut Prakarn,
????RED ZONE (16 provinces):
Kanchanaburi, Chonburi, Chacheongsao, Tak, Nakorn Pathom, Nakorn Sri Thammarat, Narathiwas, Prachaubkirikhan, Ayuthaya, Petchaburi, Yala, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, SongKhla & Samut Sakorn
✍????Source: Announcement of Surat Thani No.46 dated 7 June 2021.

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "3 Exceptions for 14 days quarantine when visiting Ko Samui for visitors from Dark Red & Red zone BUT following Isolation measures is required (Mask wearing, avoid crowded areas, hand sanitizer, don't touch others) 1.) Have negative RT-PCR test less than 12 hours 2.) Vaccinated with 2 doses છ show the vaccination document to an official 3.) In case of being considered 'High risk' and got tested with RT-PCR COVID1 9 Ag Rapid test with negative test result at the screening point Source: Announcement ofSurat Thani Province No. 64 Dated7 June 2021. f SAMUI INFO By NICHA"

Is home isolation considered as quarantine?

From PR Thai Government...

Koh Samui, popular tourist destination is ready to reopen on 1 July, after tourists have been kept away for several months to curb COVID-19 infections. Koh Samui can reopen to tourists under the ‘Samui Sealed Route’ model, and tourists, who have tested negative for COVID-19, can stay in a hotel and enjoy the beaches for seven days. Tourists wanting to stay beyond the initial seven days will be tested again, either via the swab or PCR methods. If they test negative again, they will be allowed to travel within Koh Samui, as well as hop over to Koh Pha-ngan and Koh Tao.

Kan være et billede af himmel, ocean og tekst, der siger "Koh Samui is ready to reopen on 1 July 2021 under the Samui Sealed Route model Source:Thai Tourism Promotion Association https://thailand.prd.go.th f PR Thai Government"

No 14 days home quarantine required for domestic visitors from the red zone & dark red zone who have the following conditions:
  • Negative RT-PCR test less than 72 hrs, OR
  • Completed vaccine program (2 doses of Sinovac or 1 dose of Astra Zeneca)

199729203_328945545430422_3825521648834368663_n.jpg.0ecc93d45b9a44bd3f4876b1b1504002.jpg

As per khunPer's post above, latest update on protocols arriving via ferry from Suratthani.

With the possible opening of Samui in mid-July, things seem to be tightening up.

Guests this evening said that both army and ferry company officials were vetting arrivals at Nathon.

QR code. Temperature check and for people from dark red zones (as these guests were - from Bangkok) negative PCR test results.

These guests had all received two vaccinations (they were Chinese) and so there were no issues but they said that if they had not had vaccinations OR a PCR negative test, then they would be tested and be told to quarantine until the results were known (2 -3 days).

Their children did not need the PCR test nor the vaccination.

Of course this could all change tomorrow - again.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 1

If you're coming from any of the three zones - Drak Red, or Red, or Orange - to Samui, Phangan, or Tao, you need to do 14 days quarantine, unless you have a negative PCR test, or have completed vaccination program, or have been discharged from Covid-19 less than 90 days before, in which case quarantine is not required...

205618798_337024071289236_682907809762454466_n.jpg.8d21f0fb5ead6328ca9498ac4660c1ce.jpg

Does anyone know what will happen if I don't meet any of the 3 conditions for quarantine-free stay in Samui? What kind of measures will be there imposed for the quarantine?

I'm coming from Bangkok this Saturday morning. I booked the flight first and then I was looking for PCR test... It's impossible to make a booking for PCR test and get results before flying to Samui (earliest test is tomorrow 6 pm and then have to wait for results ...)

Thanks in advance

Update on Ferry passenger to Samui

Family of guests with the children's nanny arrived on Samui at Lipa Noi.

Nanny was turned back. Not allowed to land. She is from Burma. Has Covid PCR test results (negative), full passport and work permit etc. Has lived in Bangkok with the family for three years. Now going to be stuck on the mainland on her own - the family are already here.

They were told no one from Burma, Laos or Cambodia allowed.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Matt199 said:

Does anyone know what will happen if I don't meet any of the 3 conditions for quarantine-free stay in Samui? What kind of measures will be there imposed for the quarantine?

I'm coming from Bangkok this Saturday morning. I booked the flight first and then I was looking for PCR test... It's impossible to make a booking for PCR test and get results before flying to Samui (earliest test is tomorrow 6 pm and then have to wait for results ...)

Thanks in advance

Check with Bangkok Airways, they should know the present rules in the airport.

Bangkok Airways will have 3 daily flights BKK-USM v.v. from July 15th (seems like it's by ATR-72s with 1½ hour flight time)...

Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Samui

Flight PG5125 departs Bangkok at 10.05 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 11.35 Hrs.
Flight PG5151 departs Bangkok at 14.35 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 16.05 Hrs.
Flight PG5171 departs Bangkok at 17.10 Hrs. and arrives at Samui at 18.40 Hrs.

Samui to Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi)

Flight PG5126 departs Samui at 12.15 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 13.45 Hrs.
Flight PG5152 departs Samui at 16.45 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 18.15 Hrs.
Flight PG5172 departs Samui at 19.20 Hrs. and arrives at Bangkok at 20.50 Hrs.

Source...

On 6/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I guess that I am stuck here on Samui forever.

I have deleted all possible apps on my phone.

I never switch on wifi  (so no updates) and I do not have data on my AIS package. I use my phone as a telephone. SMS and calls only.

I presume that Bangkok Airways will not let me fly without following the sheep.

PS I do not use Facebook either so I cannot ask the lovely Nicha what to do.

I only flew once to KS . Always too the leisurely train. Cheap, calm, comfortable, scenic, and possibly more hygienic...then big boats out to the islands...never speed boats..

• Like 1

Today's arrivals

Arrivals

Scheduled Revised From Flight Status
09:40 09:40 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 123 On-Time
11:10 11:10 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 5125 On-Time
14:20 14:20 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 1151 Cancelled
16:05 16:05 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 5151 Cancelled
16:35 17:00 Bangkok (BKK) Bangkok Airways PG 165
Codeshare: PR 3740
25 minutes late

Quick update today. Two additional flights