Australian, American among four charged for ‘Abandoned Phuket Zoo’ post

4 hours ago, balo said:

Ok so we have confirmed it's a disgusting zoo.  But I am still not sure about the gofundme account. Sorry, but too many scammers around. 

$45000 now in the account and they have not spend anything of it yet, what about trying to buy food for the animals?  How can we be sure they will not use it to live in Thailand?  

You can see them buying food in the video's 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fail to see anything overly sinister about this story. I watched all the videos. Clearly the zoo employees were accepting the food that was purchased and working with the group to feed the animals.

It is an embarrassment for Thailand.  The videos are very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFkk3dYIYjzPNr_WYpHnnVg/feed   They show animals with NO ONE around to care for t

This story stinks, donation to themselves? 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You can see them buying food in the video's

Yes, but that is their own money, not from the Gofundme account. According to them they have not touched the money yet. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:58 PM, EricTh said:

Who appointed these people to collect donation for the animals? Obviously, most of the donations will go to them instead of the animals.

People should donate directly to the zoo instead of scammers like these.

I'm sure it is listed either on this forum or elsewhere that the zoo or owner is bankrupt.

You are welcome to send your money to the zoo..  instead of these 'scammers' as you call them. 

Looking at the conditions of the animals and the zoo grounds, I'm sure the owner would welcome any assistance you could offer.

• Like 1
On 4/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, BritManToo said:

It is in Phuket, a largely Muslim area.

I know that... it's still an Arabic name nonetheless. Google it and see the faces that pop up... 

[My gf is Muslim Indonesian, and in her country, having an Arabic name like this denotes recent Arabic ancestry … not sure about Thailand. All I know is that the Muslim Thais I've met do not have Arabic family names. Anyway, it's neither here nor there - I was only responding to a poster who suggested that the Aussie was somehow not 'really' Aussie because he had a Vietnamese name... knocking the same logic back at him/her re the Thai in this incident]   

Edited by Docno
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, drgoon said:

zoo or owner is bankrupt.

Correct me if im wrong but anyone who declared bankrupt cannot accept money or payments?

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Correct me if im wrong but anyone who declared bankrupt cannot accept money or payments?

I'm not sure about Thailand...  my comment was sarcasm, not a serious suggestion

On 4/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Con Peoples Fund said:

The harm is someone lose face as his zoo cannot afford to even feed its animals.

Hardly relevant in the situation. Where's the harm to everyone else, which is more to the point?

On 4/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, BritManToo said:

I don't need to read posts from unpleasant people who hate animals.

On ignore.

Not sure if he cares either way about animals. Just on an anti-'interfering foreigner' trolling mission.

Edited by katatonic