Australian, American among four charged for ‘Abandoned Phuket Zoo’ post

webfact

Many family charity businesses operating in  the US. The first things will be paid for are leased luxury company cars, high salary of those who run the business, mortgage of office properties and many more other expenses related to the charity or covered up under charity's name. All paid by donations. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

yes, she may have given permission AFTER the video came out.

from first video at 01:38

"...so we moved along, and we're walking cautiously cause umm, we weren't sure who was there or whether we were allowed to be there.  there was no sign saying we weren't allowed to be there, so...."

She clearly stated that she gave permission on the first trip in as the group heard a tiger crying out. Come up with facts instead of making up stuff.

11 minutes ago, Wildliferescue said:

She clearly stated that she gave permission on the first trip in as the group heard a tiger crying out. Come up with facts instead of making up stuff.

you are welcome to watch minh nguyen's video, listen to his own words as he describes the first two illegal visits to the zoo.

then you may apologize for accusing me of "making up stuff."  i shall forgive you in advance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You're wrong, as post 55 above clearly shows.

They regularly fed the animals, with consent of the zoo keepers whom they contacted. This was about animal welfare.

There is no evidence of any misappropriation of funds.

In this case yes, the small offence of trespass was justified because it exposed widespread neglect of animals and improved the situation of the animals concerned.

Moreover the fact that the authorities are helping to feed the animals shows that the owner was unable to do so.

ok.  so the first two visits were indeed trespassing.  thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terry B said:

...and just another example of what i have personally experienced with the general mindset of these kinds of schemes, that in my experience what they initially appear to be. really ruin it for the good ones, but so difficult to differentiate! ????

I shall sit here on and off, until I have seen everything.  Won't be long now.

3 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

The group of fundraisers have claimed until date that they did not touch any of the money from the online fundraiser and said they are not planning to touch any of it until there is a way they can spend it on directly helping the Phuket Zoo animals

safe_image.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, drgoon said:

Most of the comments I see on this topic are the usual dip<deleted> haters who sound as though they have no better thing in their pitiful lives than to spout the usual negative <deleted> over and over. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

The little that can be seen of the inside of the enclosures and the physical appearance of that tiger is appalling. That place is a disgrace as are a number of 'zoos' in Thailand.

I think these people are genuine in the concern for the animals in this zoo. It looks like they have more concern than the owner in their mansion.

If I get censured or banned by the mods for this post...  good bloody job. TV News is turning into a whinge fest. There are very good parts to TV but this part....  pfft

You literally just whinged about whingers. 

Welcome to irony. 

• Haha 1

Who appointed these people to collect donation for the animals? Obviously, most of the donations will go to them instead of the animals.

People should donate directly to the zoo instead of scammers like these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

you are welcome to watch minh nguyen's video, listen to his own words as he describes the first two illegal visits to the zoo.

then you may apologize for accusing me of "making up stuff."  i shall forgive you in advance.

You are welcome to ignore facts and believe what you want with no facts.

I also, do not wish to waste my time so am also welcome to ignore you.

• Like 1