Covid-19: Domestic flights set to return May 1st - but its flying with a virus twist

webfact

Think these are interim measures given that numbers will be low to start with, when the numbers start to rise, the measures may change. No idea on prices, since half the "experts" are saying they'll be high and the other half low, maybe somewhere inbetween?

I think flights will cost a lot more. Therefor many Thai`s will use the buses. That's not so good. They are crowded and dirty.

What will they do about that ? I guess nothing. All the driver are yabaed up to keep them going. That seems ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Can't wait for the govt. to demand a health passport prior to boarding.

If its same the thai driving licence

("half" people have paid it instead of pass exam)

will just make look time for nothing...

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Domestic fares are not expensive so even doubling the price will not affect those who need to fly

I never 'need' to fly, I do it for pleasure along with 90% of the other passengers.

These flights, under these conditions, won't attract enough passengers to fly.

Why can't I bring my own food?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JoeMc said:

One might argue that social distancing is a European thing where masks are not worn ..full masked then debatable about having 'empty' seats .. guess they will also temperature check before boarding..

One might also argue that the success of Vietnam's fight against the virus has been aided by social distancing and the wearing of masks. Quarantine and effective contact tracing have been more important but the effectiveness of social distancing cannot be ignored. These are the reasons why there have only been 268 cases, with only 44 currently active and zero deaths. ???? Keep safe and wash your hands

• Like 2

yeah right,only the rich should fly,the smelly poor should stay home,nice guy you are,not

By the way who determines what is to cheap?Airlines sell tickets below 10 Euros and still make a profit.Who are you to say tickets are to cheap?How much should be a LHR-BKK-LHR?20000Euros or 30000 or 50000?Did you swim to Thailand?How about you stop using your computer(to much CO2)?

this has sense in Europe, where people already do these rules everywhere... but what is the advantage to do strict rules here  if people the days before sit together or pass each other constantly  with no distance in the supermarkets.

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No taildragger time! Social distancing on aircraft is a nonstarter. Only working in USA now as there is about 15 percent load factor on domestic flights even though most of the schedule already cut. Up to 90 percent on the major airlines. 

Well I'll ditto the load factors.

I work for Delta and we're loading planes with anywhere from 0-10 passengers, so definitely OK for social distancing there.

Interestingly, a few days ago, I wanted to board the handful of passengers we had in First Class, but the Flight Attendants wanted them somewhere in the middle of the aircraft away from them.

We service both Delta & United at our station, and we no longer provide ice, since for whatever reason thats a risk factor!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garrya said:

Just wait and see what other funny rules andin regulations are comning in.

Get your popcorn ready for the best comedy "movie" of the year. 

'Social distancing' of luggage?

What if a potential virus carrier has carried their luggage and it comes into to contact with someone else's?

Handle cross-infection - who knows?

We already know it can survive on plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hours.

4 hours ago, kotsak said:

Double price unless there is a subsidy.

You mean the taxpayer pays for half the cost of my seat on the plane. That is IF I choose to fly. If I do not, my money goes to pay for other people's seats. Maybe China will pay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Can't wait for the govt. to demand a health passport prior to boarding.

"ID2020" :shock1:

Now the real reasoning behind the overreaction becomes more obvious! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, apophyss said:

If its same the thai driving licence

("half" people have paid it instead of pass exam)

will just make look time for nothing...

The exams and practical assessments are totally useless and in no way can prove competence of being able to operate a motor vehicle.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So much bad information out there. How does bringing your own food endanger anyone? If I eat a sandwich, I will spread a disease, which I do not have to begin with? There is an astonishing degree of insanity happening, and a real zombie apocalypse mentality setting in. 

The social distancing on planes will be an absolute delight. 

By all means, bring a sandwich. Just be sure to keep your mask on while you eat it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I guess there will be no queue to use the toilets ????

Today with your flight we will be giving you a Self Catheter, this way you can board the plane and be comfortable for the next 14 hours, please see the Gate Attendant for yours.....

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So Air Asia is first. Are there any others jumping on the flying boat for May 1?

I would bet there will still be self quarantine restrictions in effect? Or what is their plan?

You'd have to be mad to buy a ticket with this company in advance at the moment.

No refunds if they decide not to fly.