Covid-19: Domestic flights set to return May 1st - but its flying with a virus twist

webfact

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You'd have to be mad to buy a ticket with this company in advance at the moment.

No refunds if they decide not to fly.

Honestly I despise that airline. Never fly them but only the twice since they were created. Only thing going for them are some of the gals are quite hot. But unless the self quarantine on traveling domestically gets lifted, I am not going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The CAAT - Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand - are demanding that all flights have empty seats so that social distancing can be accomplished. 

No food or drink will be served and passengers cannot bring their own snacks. 

So you mean leg space and no disgusting food! To good to be true! I may start to fly again!

• Haha 2

I think all these new rules are quite sensible under the circumstances.  I flew on air asia a few weeks ago and they were already leaving the middle seat empty.  Most planes are 3x3x3 seating.  So that is only 1/3 loss of seating which should only result in 1/3 increase in price.  I personally don't think they will increase prices as they are trying to get their customers back.

Edited by THAIJAMES

I have friends in the U.S. who have not travelled by air for years and have never flown internationally.  I personally did not travel internationally until the age of 38.  I see no problem not taking a flight for a year or 2.  

Zoom for business meetings online, hense no more business travel necessary.

Yes, the world does need to change, this will be a good step in the right direction.

Be strong, stay safe, accept new circumstances

2 hours ago, Incobart said:

???  That is meaningless,  you don't get infected trough your skin ..  if you touch a contaminated surface with your bare hands ... you will infect yourself if you bring your hands to your face. if you have gloves and you bring to your face = same.

Put the gloves on before you get on the plane. Take them off after you get off. 

And if you are stupid enough to stick a rubber glove in your eye then I would suggest Darwinism has your number anyway.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I never 'need' to fly, I do it for pleasure along with 90% of the other passengers.

These flights, under these conditions, won't attract enough passengers to fly.

Why can't I bring my own food?

Pork pies might have swine fever.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So much bad information out there. How does bringing your own food endanger anyone? If I eat a sandwich, I will spread a disease, which I do not have to begin with? There is an astonishing degree of insanity happening, and a real zombie apocalypse mentality setting in. 

The social distancing on planes will be an absolute delight. 

OK for those of a larger build - room to "stretch your legs" (and arms!) Still, as as already been pointed out, the price for a seat will probably double!

Edited by sambum

I've seen several flights in Thailand where there were only a dozen passengers on the entire plane. Airlines will adjust scheduling to suit demand.

I'm not so sure airfares will double. One of the biggest cost items for airlines is fuel, and that has plummeted.

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I would add that nitrile gloves should be worn too.

You know all the surfaces that everyone touches when getting on and off. Armrests and stuff like that.

And than you touch your eye with your gloved hand.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You'd have to be mad to buy a ticket with this company in advance at the moment.

No refunds if they decide not to fly.

Have you ever tried to get a refund from  them? Nigh on impossible if you booked online. They took the money twice from my bank account for the same flight, and after spending many frustrating hours  of going round in circles, after spending many frustrating hours of waiting for the website to acknowledge my presence - I gave up (OK, on principle i should have persevered, but the amount involved wasn't worth the stress on me or my wife!)

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So much bad information out there. How does bringing your own food endanger anyone? If I eat a sandwich, I will spread a disease, which I do not have to begin with? There is an astonishing degree of insanity happening, and a real zombie apocalypse mentality setting in. 

The social distancing on planes will be an absolute delight. 

Common sense is like deodorant. Those who need it most, never use it.

• Like 1