Covid-19: Domestic flights set to return May 1st - but its flying with a virus twist

webfact

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So Air Asia is first. Are there any others jumping on the flying boat for May 1?

I would bet there will still be self quarantine restrictions in effect? Or what is their plan?

No not so...........Nok Air never completely stopped. CNX to BKK & back one a day.

IDK about the self Quarantine after 31 April.

5 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Airfares are way to low anyway which is the main reason this Global virus spread. I think doubling all airfares is a great idea. I'd be happy paying twice the price for a seat with good social distancing.

Looks like this will be the future. No more cattle like economy seating; premium economy and business class only from now on.

Air travel should be for those who can afford it, not for the masses. 

Really, you may well get your wish by the look of things, you can still wear your flip-flops in "Alan Bennett" class.........????

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So much bad information out there. How does bringing your own food endanger anyone? If I eat a sandwich, I will spread a disease, which I do not have to begin with? There is an astonishing degree of insanity happening, and a real zombie apocalypse mentality setting in. 

The social distancing on planes will be an absolute delight. 

If there would be food served on the plain  OR BRINGING YOUR OWN , that would mean the facemask has to come off to eat it and that's what they don't want . Risk of spreading in a closed of area . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Cabin crews will need to be suited and booted in masks, gowns and face shields.

Remember - this is what they're doing in a country which has close to 0 new cases every day.

I think this is a clear demonstration of how much faith the government have in their own numbers.

• Like 1

So far, Air Asia is the only airline that has indicated it will resume flights on May 1,

One out of the 20 airlines in the discussion!!  I'm sure it's cheaper for the airlines to remain grounded.

• Like 1

Daily News reported that Thailand is set to return to the skies on May 1st when many domestic airlines will resume operations.

It will never happen... dream world from an organisation that is clueless.

No aircraft is going to operate under those conditions, operating costs need to be covered, that means bums on seats.. revenue to cover fuel, wages and aircraft costs including maintenance, not forgetting landing fees etc etc.

Anyone who tries to run an aircraft at best 30% capacity  [social distancing] will lose money the second it takes off !

• Like 1

What another waste of time reading this, lets take a risk assessment.

1. In an emergency how do the cabin crew control when they are suited and booted?

2. Cabin crews find it impossible to keep people sat even with the aircraft is still on the runway after landing.

3. Temp checks at gates are as useless as the ones in BigC.

4. Will a flight out of province (so all) be subject to a Q period.

There is no need for air travel to start yet concentrate on the local economy,  what is the good of being able  to fly into a hot spot which there will be many when people go crazy after being let out?

3 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

Our world has gone freakin insane!!!

70 mil people and so few deaths.

lets stop driving because cars are scary...ooooooo

Boo! 

Exactly, insane. I sat on a direct flight from Bangkok to London last month, it was full and quite a pleasant flight with Thai Air, would I do it again, yes I would. Too many scared pussies out there!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JoeMc said:

One might argue that social distancing is a European thing where masks are not worn ..full masked then debatable about having 'empty' seats .. guess they will also temperature check before boarding..

Social distancing is also happening here have you recently visited a bank, Makro, Tesco Lotus, a doctor etc restaurants etc closed

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Exactly, insane. I sat on a direct flight from Bangkok to London last month, it was full and quite a pleasant flight with Thai Air, would I do it again, yes I would. Too many scared pussies out there!

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yes and if you had managed to get on a flight to Australia on your arrival you would have been taken by police, border security etc to a hotel room which you couldn’t leave for 14 days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You wont be joining my campaign to ban stairs then? dangerous things!

• Like 1

20 airlines hnmmm .. I can only think of 5 that fly domestically...

Just checked.... May 1st UTH to DMK one way @ 2300 baht..looks like flights mostly every other day May 3 .., @ 1500..

i think it was US airlines had to fly routes that they’re approved 

for or loose that destination slot...  and some flew empty because of issue. Was addressed and at least a temporary solution was put in place...

7 hours ago, mancub said:

The graphic conveniently shows a business class seating arrangement....and good luck with topping the mad scramble to unbuckle and scramble to disembark !

Yep,what is it with that panic to get off first ?

Thats why i like window and get bag in o/head first on short haul.

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

If these requirements are followed by the airlines the planes will be half empty.  Airlines are not knowingly going to operate flights that produce huge losses.  So the questions becomes how expensive will a seat be.

Thai Vietjet are offering 8 flights between Suvanabhumi and Phuket on the 1st May, I would guess they will not even half fill these planes, maybe the other direction with an exodus of stranded tourists leaving the island, but not the BKK-Phuket route.

No doubt they will sell tickets for all flights and then cancel the ones that don’t sell enough, resulting in ticket holders being moved to a later flight, something Vietjet have done many times before in the past.

Death of the airlines by guillotine. There is always a bit of risk in getting inside a pressurized aluminum tube hurtling along at 500 miles per hour in temperatures of minus 57 degrees at 35000 ft with red hot engines just a meter away from wings full of volatile fuel and they're worried about a ham sandwich ? Where do they find such forward thinkers ? What needs to be done is a simple screening at check in and total transparency and business as usual onboard the airplanes. Limitations on seating is the jurisdiction of each individual carrier and under the jurisdiction of their specific Civil Aviation Authority. Not some third world backwater airport authority. As a retired( thank the Lord Airline pilot ) ill drive thanks..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

BIG BROTHER IS HERE! Accept this and it only gets worse from here on in. I would boycott any airline that complies with these ridiculous requirements. Even the mainstream media in the US are calling out yhe officials that are instigating these draconian rules. A pandemic for any of you out there that don't know what it is, is when people all around you are dropping dead within hours or a day of catching the disease or virus! Did anyone out there see that? And for the trolls pictures of plastic mannequins are not convincing. There have been 50 deaths and the majority of all of those had underlying health problems!

Are we going to have to put up with infringement of our right to freedom for a few dozen deaths?? Over 12,000 people died from accidents on the roads of Thailand in 2019. Did we close the roads, restrict driving, introduce new measures to prevent deaths? Did we even instruct the police to be stringent with motorcycle helmets, having learned how to drive, not going the opposit way to traffic or driving on footpaths? No, nothing was done. 50,000 people die each year from smoking related disease! Have we banned smoking? No! Did we introduce restrictions like no smoking in public places? No! This is a breach of our human rights and makes no logical sense. It is aimed at diminishing the rights of peope to the freedoms we have under god and our constitution. Do not relinquish them so willingly, they will not return!

This is all for show.

We live in a world where mediocrity reigns supreme, especially at the highest echelons.

Everyone is clueless and just follows what the others are doing.

How come, for example, that almost all the countries, despite huge differences in their covid 19 situation, have set up an end of April deadline?

The world is not going to get herd immunity...the world is a herd of lemmings who are going to fall over the cliff one after the other, without knowing why...

4 minutes ago, taxin said:

Thai Vietjet are offering 8 flights between Suvanabhumi and Phuket on the 1st May, 

Nice...from the most infected area to the second most infected, and back.

Talk about an emergency.

Let's hope that these planes will only operate this route...

Cabin crews will need to be suited and booted in masks, gowns and face shields.

Put your mmmm mmm mmm, please sir!

Eh? 

Eh? 

Eh? 

Removes mask and face shield.

Put your <deleted> tray table up, please sir! lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So much bad information out there. How does bringing your own food endanger anyone? If I eat a sandwich, I will spread a disease, which I do not have to begin with? There is an astonishing degree of insanity happening, and a real zombie apocalypse mentality setting in. 

The social distancing on planes will be an absolute delight. 

The seats, pull down tables, head rests , arm rests, toilets etc etc in any airplane have been proven to be amongst the dirtiest places you can be, plus the amount of bacteria found, even in the blankets ( I thought they were sort of clean) and the head rests !!! Yuck !!!! Read up on the subject, you won’t like what you read. Airlines know this, so banning food is an obvious choice . This might be hard for Asians in general, as they can’t get on a plane, bus or train without eating, no matter the distance. You even see it in the public buses. 

• Like 1