Curfew breakers: 16,000 stopped since restrictions began

webfact

Curfew breakers: 16,000 stopped since restrictions began

2pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said yesterday that 16,000 people had been arrested for breaking Thailand's 10 pm to 4 am nighttime curfew since the restrictions began on April 3rd. 

In that time 1,800 people face prosecution for illegal gathering that is considered risky for the spread of coronavirus. 

In related news 15 workers who were pouring concrete during the curfew have each put down 40,000 baht bail in Samut Prakan. 

An investigation is underway after claims made on Facebook that an official at a checkpoint allegedly tore up a permission to travel document. 

Pol Col Krissana said that RTP chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda urged police to perform their duties firmly but fairly particularly with understanding for the poorer elements of society and their needs.  

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-24

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

bunch of people out of site but certainly heard were using chainsaws at 1am obviously cutting trees illegally and i could hear 2st bikes and crappy not cared for out of tune utes back and forth. Called the police about some of these idiots a fee days before and the mayor got involved but now its worse. Good going thais, steal and destroy everything while no one can see with out getting in trouble. Police and officials dont seem to do anything at all and actually seem to encourage it becaise the complaints come from a family with a whitey.. but dam farangs get publically shamed for doing nothing much at all.

Those chainsaw loggers were probably some bar girls trying to compensate for lost income after their go-go joints were forced to close down. They're good at handling wood, you know.

• Like 1

I haven't heard from those Phuket-aholes in some time!

The ones who wanted to shoot foreigners in the face with a slingshot, for not wearing masks in their cars or some BS!

I really (not really!) would hear their take on 16.000+ curfew- breakers!

:coffee1:

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

bunch of people out of site but certainly heard were using chainsaws at 1am obviously cutting trees illegally and i could hear 2st bikes and crappy not cared for out of tune utes back and forth. Called the police about some of these idiots a fee days before and the mayor got involved but now its worse. Good going thais, steal and destroy everything while no one can see with out getting in trouble. Police and officials dont seem to do anything at all and actually seem to encourage it becaise the complaints come from a family with a whitey.. but dam farangs get publically shamed for doing nothing much at all.

You definatley are living in an illegal Amazon logging town aren't you,i mean guns,liquor,prostitutes,tree cutting at 1 am,what next,a blow dart through your window!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In related news 15 workers who were pouring concrete during the curfew have each put down 40,000 baht bail in Samut Prakan. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  Oh don't! What was the charge?

Pouring concrete with malicious intent? Pouring concrete during the hours of darkness?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Hard to believe... as if a construction worker making 300 baht a day has got a spare 40,000 baht in the bank. Bail was probably paid by the construction company that ordered them to work during curfew. Naturally the police won't take any action against said company. T.I.T. 

Construction company paid the bail because they want them back to work tonight

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:  Oh don't! What was the charge?

Pouring concrete with malicious intent? Pouring concrete during the hours of darkness?

It's the best time to be pouring concrete when it's cool 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

16,000 x 40,000

= 640,000.000

Can hand out 5k now to the 128,000 lucky people, for 1 month only.

I think you've hit on an idea min fine of 5,000 to be paid out to the poor who are not so stupid as to break curfew.