INFOGRAPHIC: Visa amnesty extension officially made law, confirmed by Thai Immigration

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing different from the ministerial order that was issued on April 7th that has been extended to the 30th of July.

If on a long stay extension of stay (one year or 90 days) they should apply for their new extension when it is due.

Thought so. Thought I'd better double check anyway!!

Thanks Joe.

Is there no mention of Visa Exemption holders? Now not sure where I stand:

Uk->thailand Feb 7th (visa exemption)

Visa Extension March 6th (to april 6th)

Border run by land at cambodia March 19th
Visa "expired" 19th April.

I attempted to extended my visa (฿1900) on the 12th of April but was told to sit tight and check the news.

..... I believe I fall under the category "Aliens permitted to temporarily stay in the kingdon (all types of visa)"... however that section continues to talk about "90 day reports"

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It still applies to visa exempt entries.

It is exactly the same as the order issued on April 7th. They just extended it to July 31st.

Does this so include those with a one year multiple entry visa ?

Or do i need to exit and re enter as soon  as the borders open .

Edited by keith101
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

No mention of those on yearly Non O extensions (marriage and retirement) or am I missing something?

Same question from me!My retirement 90 day reporting expires on 4th May!....so I will go to my local immigration office before!.... Good day!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

No mention of those on yearly Non O extensions (marriage and retirement) or am I missing something?

This is only for tourist, not for those that live in Thailand.

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

So if 90-day can be done automatically, why ever have us do it again? 

Those are not automatic. The have only been suspended. Sometime after July 31st you will still have to a report.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

This news doesn’t concern the non immigration holders. I have just renewed my visa extension yesterday and it went very smoothly and it was very fast. Less than 2 hours.

Was this at CW?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

The Thai government shouldn't have extended to end of July. The situation in Thailand is already in control with such low figures and tourists can leave anytime after May 1.

End of July is too paranoid.

What until all those students return from overseas and see what the situation is then.

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

My point is that if they can do without it, why start it again? How many kilos of paper passport copies, etal does immigration have for ubonjoe? It's a total waste of time that accomplishes nothing; everyone knows this even the immigration people. I'd just like to see them finally realize this now. 

They cannot be ended unless the immigration act is amended to remove the requirement under section 37 of it.

After more than 40 years of not being amended  I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

im on a non o multi marriage and always border hop. Clearly i cant and told to stay tight until 31st july. I will border hop prior to this day hopefuly to avoid the masses.. If your visa expires within this time your still fine but will need to leave or extend by the 31st july. Thankfully mine doesnt expire until october so ill simply border run when i can.

So happy Thailands done something right. Im actually at a loss for words. Never in the decades have i lived here has anything ever been done right but then again maybe the motive is dirty virus spreading farang thats scary to these people. Best to keep em in their homes with their slutty wives and such???? Fine, suits me perfectly...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Why doesn't Immigration just have you report when your yearly extension is up for renewal.

Too easy,and makes common sense.....BUT, it's the same

when you have to give them your bank book,a statement,a letter from the bank,and copies

of the bank book,overkill ?

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1