INFOGRAPHIC: Visa amnesty extension officially made law, confirmed by Thai Immigration

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would they fine you for something you clearly did not need to do. It is now written in 2 ministerial notices now.

Going to a post office to mail them is just as risky (if not more) as going to immigration to do it.

Mine was due last Saturday and it has not been done. By July 31st I will of skipped 2 of them that would of been done.

So what will you do, just send one in after 31 st July,and let them continue with

the date they then give you for the next one ?,we know different offices have

different rules ,and not all follow the official ones,but make up their own.

regards worgeordie

• Sad 2

And still they can't really be clear apparently. All types of Visa is ambiguous and UbonJoe to whom I defer believes this to mean not those on extensions. Could immigration not just set out something that is clear and unambigous? I'll just go because unless I hear it from Immigration themselves I'll have no confidence - even then I am not confident really since all the IO seem to have their own slightly different views on what the laws mean. It is pretty frustrating - which maybe is the idea anyway - who knows.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So does that mean that if you are stuck abroad due to flight cancellations and your re entry stamp expires in June that providing international flights are back up and running you will still be able to re enter the country on that stamp . The reason I ask is that my yearly extension of stay along with my wife’s who is classed as dependent runs out in June and she is stuck in the U.K. and yesterday was informed that her BA Flight from the U.K. on 30 May is once again cancelled until further notice this is the 2nd cancelation she’s had they offered her a refund or next available flight I suggested she not take the refund as I am sure if she did that they would hike up the prices.  Maybe ubonjoe could offer some advice.

Edited by crazykopite

Lordy their was a thread yesterday where a guy had called immigration hotline twice and clearly be told the extension amnesty does include those on retirement yearly extensions with no need to do it if due now or soon...... was a clear directive ...........you dont need to go to an immigration office.

Why are people here been encouraged to still go, the whole idea of the amnesty was to stop people having to attend.!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I went to Udon Thani immigration for a 90 day report on Friday the 24th. 

Place was basically empty, 1 other foreigner inside.

Mask on, in the door, no temp check, most seats inside have been removed so as not to crowd.

90 day report has a plastic divider with a small opening to put your passport through.

Passport in, Passport scanned, printout to sign, new paper in my passport, in and out in under 2 minutes.

Hardly life threatening.

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

So does that mean that if you are stuck abroad due to flight cancellations and your re entry stamp expires in June that providing international flights are back up and running you will still be able to re enter the country on that stamp . The reason I ask is that my yearly extension of stay

This is only for permanent residents.

You say you do yearly extensions, so you are not a permanent resident. This means that if you don't enter before your re entry permit expires you have to apply for a new visa, or would be given a 30 day visa exempt (assuming you are from a country which gets one) upon arrival in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are not automatic. The have only been suspended. Sometime after July 31st you will still have to a report.

That will be nice .there will be a Stampede if every one has to report straight away after July 31.

I will do mine 90 Day reporting when it's due in June.  ????

Edited by digger70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Yes unless you can qualify for an extension of some kind. If not you should leave and re-enter the country for a new entry as soon as possible prior to July 31st.

I actually got a 6 day extension in April which ends on the 4th of June so will that give me the ok to stay until July 31 ?

• Advanced Members
  • 799 posts

I went to Udon Thani immigration for a 90 day report on Friday the 24th. 

Place was basically empty, 1 other foreigner inside.

Mask on, in the door, no temp check, most seats inside have been removed so as not to crowd.

90 day report has a plastic divider with a small opening to put your passport through.

Passport in, Passport scanned, printout to sign, new paper in my passport, in and out in under 2 minutes.

Hardly life threatening.

Mine was faster under one minute I was the only one there

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

And still they can't really be clear apparently. All types of Visa is ambiguous and UbonJoe to whom I defer believes this to mean not those on extensions. Could immigration not just set out something that is clear and unambigous? I'll just go because unless I hear it from Immigration themselves I'll have no confidence - even then I am not confident really since all the IO seem to have their own slightly different views on what the laws mean. It is pretty frustrating - which maybe is the idea anyway - who knows.

I agree with you. If they are not referring to those on extensions of stay why can't they state "this notice does not refer to those on extensions of stay" or similar, so as not to cause confusion? As soon as I saw reference to "temporarily stay" and "90 days" it makes me think the notice does refer to those who are not on permanent stay and do 90 day reporting, I.e. those of on extensions of stay. Confusing as always.

So, does this extension apply to multiple entry non-O based on marriage? I was meant to do a border run on May 19. I know I can get 60 days at an immigration office, but my wife     Is outside of Bangkok so I think that’s a problem with applying. I’m 

16 minutes ago, johninbkk71 said:

So, does this extension apply to multiple entry non-O based on marriage? I was meant to do a border run on May 19. I know I can get 60 days at an immigration office, but my wife     Is outside of Bangkok so I think that’s a problem with applying. I’m 

You can stay until July 31st. No need to do anything at a immigration office.

Save your 60 day extension so you can use it later instead of having to leave the country for a new entry when needed.

22 minutes ago, whiteman said:

in and out in under 2 minutes.

Hardly life threatening.

Mine was faster under one minute I was the only one there

So Immigration, in these cases, didn't sent you back, telling to come back after 31 July.

Therefore, as I always do my 90 days on line, i will do it  again as expected 1/2 June and will see what is happening.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think it's sensible.  It allows for 3 months for the borders to re-open and flights to resume.  They obviously expect most people to have left Thailand by 31 July.  Better than having to review it month by month.

31st July is way too short. They should've given the amnesty until at least 31st December 2020.

Doubt borders will open in 3 months. Australia said December at the earliest, if not in 2021. Aussies are stuck here in Thailanduntil the end of this year, at least.

Edited by bbi1

6 minutes ago, peleid said:

The way I read it is, no need to do 90 day report until 31st July, they will update automatically

They are only suspended. The are not doing them for you.

You will have to do a report sometime after July 31st that will be announced.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are not automatic. The have only been suspended. Sometime after July 31st you will still have to a report.

Will people stuck here on METV have to do 90 day report after 31st July or are they exempt?

Just now, bbi1 said:

Will people stuck here on METV have to do 90 day report after 31st July or are they exempt?

No

Only those that are on longstay extension of stay or visas (OA and etc) that normally do them.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No

Only those that are on longstay extension of stay or visas (OA and etc) that normally do them.

Is an ED visa a long-stay visa? I know when I was on an ED visa a very long time ago it had to be done every 90 days.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Doubt borders will open in 3 months. Australia said December at the earliest, if not in 2021.

Australia is different than borders with neighboring countries. What Australia says or does is completly different.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Nothing different from the ministerial order that was issued on April 7th that has been extended to the 30th of July.

If on a long stay extension of stay (one year or 90 days) they should apply for their new extension when it is due.

But it says it applies for ALL TYPES OF VISAS. I think you are wrong. 

My retirement visa expires on June 15 but as i read it, now exoires 31 July. 

Or am i WRONG ?

3 hours ago, phartley58 said:

So, the wording of the Infographic says, "No need to do 90 day reporting", then goes on to say, "Immigration will process the above mentioned steps automatically".

I am on a Retirement Extension and I'm reading this to mean that when my current 90 day expires 23rd May that it will automatically be renewed for another 90 days (above) to 20th August and that I will have no need to visit Immigration again until around that time? Does this make sense or am I missing something? 

I'm in the exacty the same boat and assuming I won't be up sh-t creek without a paddle by following your logic. Trouble is logic is a pretty rare commodity with Immigration, so best to make a check with your local office between now and the run-out date in your passport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am still sending my 90 day report in by mail ,next week,

I just don't want to give them any excuse to fine me for not 

reporting,when everything returns to some normalcy.

regards Worgeordie

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would they fine you for something you clearly did not need to do. It is now written in 2 ministerial notices now.

Going to a post office to mail them is just as risky (if not more) as going to immigration to do it.

Mine was due last Saturday and it has not been done. By July 31st I will of skipped 2 of them that would of been done.

And as long as we all follow the same procedure, immigration will have no excuse to attempt to fine/bribe any of us. This really is a case of 'united we are strong'.

No 90 day reports until they tell us otherwise. And when you do next visit immigration, make sure you have a copy of the order in your folder.