BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

INFOGRAPHIC: Visa amnesty extension officially made law, confirmed by Thai Immigration

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would they fine you for something you clearly did not need to do. It is now written in 2 ministerial notices now.

Going to a post office to mail them is just as risky (if not more) as going to immigration to do it.

Mine was due last Saturday and it has not been done. By July 31st I will of skipped 2 of them that would of been done.

So what will you do, just send one in after 31 st July,and let them continue with

the date they then give you for the next one ?,we know different offices have

different rules ,and not all follow the official ones,but make up their own.

regards worgeordie

• Sad 2

And still they can't really be clear apparently. All types of Visa is ambiguous and UbonJoe to whom I defer believes this to mean not those on extensions. Could immigration not just set out something that is clear and unambigous? I'll just go because unless I hear it from Immigration themselves I'll have no confidence - even then I am not confident really since all the IO seem to have their own slightly different views on what the laws mean. It is pretty frustrating - which maybe is the idea anyway - who knows.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

So does that mean that if you are stuck abroad due to flight cancellations and your re entry stamp expires in June that providing international flights are back up and running you will still be able to re enter the country on that stamp . The reason I ask is that my yearly extension of stay along with my wife’s who is classed as dependent runs out in June and she is stuck in the U.K. and yesterday was informed that her BA Flight from the U.K. on 30 May is once again cancelled until further notice this is the 2nd cancelation she’s had they offered her a refund or next available flight I suggested she not take the refund as I am sure if she did that they would hike up the prices.  Maybe ubonjoe could offer some advice.

Edited by crazykopite

Lordy their was a thread yesterday where a guy had called immigration hotline twice and clearly be told the extension amnesty does include those on retirement yearly extensions with no need to do it if due now or soon...... was a clear directive ...........you dont need to go to an immigration office.

Why are people here been encouraged to still go, the whole idea of the amnesty was to stop people having to attend.!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, hashmodha said:

Same question from me!My retirement 90 day reporting expires on 4th May!....so I will go to my local immigration office before!.... Good day!

may the 4th be with you ?

Posted (edited)

I went to Udon Thani immigration for a 90 day report on Friday the 24th. 

Place was basically empty, 1 other foreigner inside.

Mask on, in the door, no temp check, most seats inside have been removed so as not to crowd.

90 day report has a plastic divider with a small opening to put your passport through.

Passport in, Passport scanned, printout to sign, new paper in my passport, in and out in under 2 minutes.

Hardly life threatening.

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

So does that mean that if you are stuck abroad due to flight cancellations and your re entry stamp expires in June that providing international flights are back up and running you will still be able to re enter the country on that stamp . The reason I ask is that my yearly extension of stay

This is only for permanent residents.

You say you do yearly extensions, so you are not a permanent resident. This means that if you don't enter before your re entry permit expires you have to apply for a new visa, or would be given a 30 day visa exempt (assuming you are from a country which gets one) upon arrival in Thailand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are not automatic. The have only been suspended. Sometime after July 31st you will still have to a report.

That will be nice .there will be a Stampede if every one has to report straight away after July 31.

I will do mine 90 Day reporting when it's due in June.  😇

Edited by digger70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Yes unless you can qualify for an extension of some kind. If not you should leave and re-enter the country for a new entry as soon as possible prior to July 31st.

I actually got a 6 day extension in April which ends on the 4th of June so will that give me the ok to stay until July 31 ?

• Advanced Members
  • 799 posts

I went to Udon Thani immigration for a 90 day report on Friday the 24th. 

Place was basically empty, 1 other foreigner inside.

Mask on, in the door, no temp check, most seats inside have been removed so as not to crowd.

90 day report has a plastic divider with a small opening to put your passport through.

Passport in, Passport scanned, printout to sign, new paper in my passport, in and out in under 2 minutes.

Hardly life threatening.

Mine was faster under one minute I was the only one there

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, timewilltell said:

And still they can't really be clear apparently. All types of Visa is ambiguous and UbonJoe to whom I defer believes this to mean not those on extensions. Could immigration not just set out something that is clear and unambigous? I'll just go because unless I hear it from Immigration themselves I'll have no confidence - even then I am not confident really since all the IO seem to have their own slightly different views on what the laws mean. It is pretty frustrating - which maybe is the idea anyway - who knows.

I agree with you. If they are not referring to those on extensions of stay why can't they state "this notice does not refer to those on extensions of stay" or similar, so as not to cause confusion? As soon as I saw reference to "temporarily stay" and "90 days" it makes me think the notice does refer to those who are not on permanent stay and do 90 day reporting, I.e. those of on extensions of stay. Confusing as always.

So, does this extension apply to multiple entry non-O based on marriage? I was meant to do a border run on May 19. I know I can get 60 days at an immigration office, but my wife     Is outside of Bangkok so I think that’s a problem with applying. I’m 

16 minutes ago, johninbkk71 said:

So, does this extension apply to multiple entry non-O based on marriage? I was meant to do a border run on May 19. I know I can get 60 days at an immigration office, but my wife     Is outside of Bangkok so I think that’s a problem with applying. I’m 

You can stay until July 31st. No need to do anything at a immigration office.

Save your 60 day extension so you can use it later instead of having to leave the country for a new entry when needed.

Posted (edited)

The way I read it is, no need to do 90 day report until 31st July, they will update automatically

Edited by peleid
Spelling
  • Like 1