Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

INFOGRAPHIC: Visa amnesty extension officially made law, confirmed by Thai Immigration

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is unknown at this time when they will be due. When they decide the order is not going to be extended beyond July 31st they will make an announcement for the will be due. They certainly will not want everybody doing them on August 1st.

Surely only one option available. Ubonjoe I note you skipped your due 90 day report April 18.  That means you will also skip next report ~ July 18.

That surely means (if amnesty ends July 31) your next 90 day report will be ~ Oct 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit lost here, I'm on a 1 year non-o, my current admitted until is 29th of May and my visa expires on June 9th

 

What are my options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, expat0123 said:

I'm a bit lost here, I'm on a 1 year non-o, my current admitted until is 29th of May and my visa expires on June 9th

 

What are my options?

Non O one year? 

Give more details you. 

Your visa expires matters little.

Admitted date May 29 means you can stay here till July 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, theVenerable said:

Yet I only get a three day extension on my under consideration visa and was told to come back in three days.
Sounds great.

Everyone please go to immigration office and check first  if you are due to go there.

Listening to the dross in here could get you a hefty overstay fine

True, but go by what UbonJoe says and you won't go wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Agusts said:

People seems to interpret this amnesty different ways,  I think the point that they don't want overcrowding in immigration totally supersede the point if this is only for people who need to go abroad due to immigration status.

 

Hence your interpretation is not that logical, and I think the amnesty is for all visas and extensions whatsoever.

 

And as for IO office being open, of course they are and if you "can" then no problem going there and do your thing, the point is not everybody needs to rush in and fill up the place. They actually want slow drip work, imagine if we all go on 1 August... !!!!?

 

As for us in Phuket, we can't even go to the next town a few kilometers away to our banks, let alone to immigration office in Phuket Town, so how are we to renew our extension according to your interpretation. I think someone has spoken to head of Phuket IO and they confirmed amnesty covers all , incl. 1 year retirement extensions - see the Phuket News website.

 

So the logical interpretation is if you are lockdown and can't prepare your documents and cannot get to IO office, wait until you can, the amnesty covers you.

 

If you "can" do all that, then why not go ahead and do it,  why would you really want to wait when it is nice and quiet now....! Doesn't it make more sense...🤗

 

 

 

if I take your advice and let my my 12 month extension expire are you going to pay the expenses I incur and anyone else same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are reading this amnesty is to stop people from going to their local IO, that is wrong. The only amnesty that is in place for that is the suspension of people going and doing their 90 day reports at their local IO's, this reduces the amount of people at the IO's. If your extension expires before the 31 July you still need to go as usual and renew your extension at your local IO, if you fail to go and renew your extension then you will have to leave the country at the end of the amnesty and get another 90 day Non-Imm "O" visa and start the process all over again. The amnesty is for those who must leave the country when their visa expires and they cannot leave because of the closure of borders. That is people that have 30/60/90 day visa's and those that have 90 day permission to stay (not extension) stamps in their passport

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, smedly said:

if I take your advice and let my my 12 month extension expire are you going to pay the expenses I incur and anyone else same

smedly, the only amnesty you get is the suspension of doing your 90 day report at the IO. You must renew your extension as you normally do. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

smedly, the only amnesty you get is the suspension of doing your 90 day report at the IO. You must renew your extension as you normally do. 

 

thats how i see it too......I wish people would read the BIG BOLD info in defferent kinds of blue colour !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RUSSELL17 AU:

How can I renew my retirement extension now without the July 31 suspension if I am on lockdown and cannot getto the Immigration office.

Patong lockeddown cannot getto Phuket town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

How can I renew my retirement extension now without the July 31 suspension if I am on lockdown and cannot getto the Immigration office.

Patong lockeddown cannot getto Phuket town.

When is your extension due? The lockdown may end by the end of this month.

Phuket immigration has set up mobile offices for people to use as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

...

You must renew your extension as you normally do.

...

Yes, that's correct.

When you are on a 1-year extension of stay you need to visit your IO to re-extend before your permission to stay has expired.

It is possible that some IOs will be lenient if you did not do so and you have good arguments for not having done it (e.g. full lock-down actually preventing you from doing it).  But there are already 2 reports of IOs that stated you would have to exit Thailand and have to apply from scratch again, if the window in which you were expected to do extend your 1-year permission to stay, expired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If your extension expires before the 31 July you still need to go as usual and renew your extension at your local IO, if you fail to go and renew your extension then you will have to leave the country at the end of the amnesty and get another 90 day Non-Imm "O" visa and start the process all over again.

Then why does the Immigration Bureau say "Once the situation is resolved, such alien must apply for visa extension" if they would not be allowing people to apply for an extension? (see the infographic in OP)

Edited by jackdd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

RUSSELL17 AU:

How can I renew my retirement extension now without the July 31 suspension if I am on lockdown and cannot getto the Immigration office.

Patong lockeddown cannot getto Phuket town.

That is exactly the amnesty is for, it only makes sense, but some people here on this forum don't get it. Hopefully we get more info when people contact IO offices and/or try to go through the restriction checkpoints and are told you can't travel by showing your passport and extension expiry date, because immigration has given you amnesty...!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When is your extension due? The lockdown may end by the end of this month.

Phuket immigration has set up mobile offices for people to use as well.

Most part of Phuket will still be in lockdown in May, they are considered "risky" area, so those sub-districts will not be open. Mobile IO offices are no longer around,  and they never accepted 1 year extensions renewal, with this amnesty there is no need for them...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...