BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

INFOGRAPHIC: Visa amnesty extension officially made law, confirmed by Thai Immigration

17 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

What do mean "Aussies are stuck here until the end of this year?" Aussies can fly back to Australia now if they want, quarantine conditions apply.

How exactly? There are no flights between Sydney and BKK. Qantas and Thai Airways have cancelled all flights since a month ago.

Hi ubonjoe,

Still the most reliable and patient poster on thaivisa IMO. 2 questions from an old fart like me. Thank you in advance for your patience as you have probably answered them before (I could not find similar case)

1. My non-immig visa for employment and my work permit end on May 31. Does the extension to July 31 apply to me

2. What procedures if any do I have to go through e.g. do i have to go to CW and fill out a form before May 31 or something else?

Thank you

40 minutes ago, xenophon said:

1. My non-immig visa for employment and my work permit end on May 31. Does the extension to July 31 apply to me

2. What procedures if any do I have to go through e.g. do i have to go to CW and fill out a form before May 31 or something else?

1. I assume you are on a one year extension of stay not a 90 day entry from a non-b visa. If on an extension of stay I suggest you apply for your extension before it expires.

Technically the exemption may apply in your case but it is unclear that you will be able to easily apply for it without a problem. Immigration could consider the "auto extension" as not a extension of your current permit to stay from a non-immigrant visa entry. If that happened you would have to go out for a new visa.

2. If chose not to do the extension you would not have to do anything at immigration.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Most part of Phuket will still be in lockdown in May, they are considered "risky" area, so those sub-districts will not be open. Mobile IO offices are no longer around,  and they never accepted 1 year extensions renewal, with this amnesty there is no need for them...

That depends upon whether they still have the  authority to order a "lockdown" after the new emergency decree that has to be issued this week allows it.

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

smedly, the only amnesty you get is the suspension of doing your 90 day report at the IO. You must renew your extension as you normally do. 

fully aware of that

I’ve just renewed my non b visa extension for another year and the immigration officers were unusually very nice. Everything went smoothly and faster. In Less than 2 hours, everything was done.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

How exactly? There are no flights between Sydney and BKK. Qantas and Thai Airways have cancelled all flights since a month ago.

There are no direct flights. However, connecting via places like Tokyo is feasible at a price. Check out SkyScanner to view your options.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There are no direct flights. However, connecting via places like Tokyo is feasible at a price. Check out SkyScanner to view your options.

Won't be possible because:

JAPAN - published 16.04.2020 
1. Passengers who have been in Albania, Armenia, Australia, Bahrain, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China (People's Rep.), Chinese Taipei, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR China), Hungary, Israel, Indonesia, Korea (Rep.), Kosovo (Rep.), Latvia, Lithuania, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Mauritius, Moldova (Rep.), Morocco, Montenegro, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Thailand, Turkey, USA, United Kingdom or Viet Nam in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Won't be possible because:

JAPAN - published 16.04.2020 
1. Passengers who have been in ...Thailand...in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter.

Does this apply also to transit passengers who change to a connecting flight at the same Japanese airport?

Just now, Puccini said:

Does this apply also to transit passengers who change to a connecting flight at the same Japanese airport?

No idea. Anyone knows if it does or not?

27 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I think transiting is allowed. No mention of it not being allowed in the very long list shown here.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

On 4/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, Finlaco said:

The infographic works well but obviously is silent on the several thousand aliens who have the Under-consideration Stamp (please return April 30).

Several thousand?  Where did you get that figure from?

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, timewilltell said:

And still they can't really be clear apparently. All types of Visa is ambiguous and UbonJoe to whom I defer believes this to mean not those on extensions. Could immigration not just set out something that is clear and unambigous? I'll just go because unless I hear it from Immigration themselves I'll have no confidence - even then I am not confident really since all the IO seem to have their own slightly different views on what the laws mean. It is pretty frustrating - which maybe is the idea anyway - who knows.

It couldn't have been made any clearer as right from the start they have been referring to visitors with visas expiring from a specifically stated date, they have made no mention of extensions of stay, which are not specifically expiring visas.   If you have a recently expired visa you qualify for the changes, if you're on an extension, you don't.

Edited by The Word

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, Roy Baht said:

And people on extensions should continue 90 day reporting too?

No, it has been stated, very clearly, that 90-day reporting is not necessary.

94119703_130427515269694_8224124328954822656_o.jpg

Edited by The Word

On 4/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, Ian Nagle said:

But it says it applies for ALL TYPES OF VISAS. I think you are wrong. 

My retirement visa expires on June 15 but as i read it, now exoires 31 July. 

Or am i WRONG ?

I believe that your interpretation is wrong, you're not on a visa, you're on an extension of stay so you should renew it when it is necessary.