New Thai Medical Cannabis Grow License.

Can I ask where you got the information that they will Issue 800 licences for growing medical cannabis? Is it a secret source or something publicly announced?

I might have missed it but I know some of the people on the approvals committee and I sell organic fertilizers and have done soil and media testing for several groups that are trying to get a licence, and for a very few that already have licences.

But I haven't talked with them for a few days.

What one member on the approvals committee told me is that the licence cost is 3 million baht for 150 cannabis plants. One license that already has been approved and that have delivered its first crop for free to the hospital on their MOU has a licence for 1200 plants. Which is larger than most will get. And their whole operation including nursery is much smaller than 10 rai. 

Or are you talking Hemp with THC around 0.1%?

16 hours ago, Evolare said:

Can I ask where you got the information that they will Issue 800 licences for growing medical cannabis? Is it a secret source or something publicly announced?

I might have missed it but I know some of the people on the approvals committee and I sell organic fertilizers and have done soil and media testing for several groups that are trying to get a licence, and for a very few that already have licences.

But I haven't talked with them for a few days.

What one member on the approvals committee told me is that the licence cost is 3 million baht for 150 cannabis plants. One license that already has been approved and that have delivered its first crop for free to the hospital on their MOU has a licence for 1200 plants. Which is larger than most will get. And their whole operation including nursery is much smaller than 10 rai. 

Or are you talking Hemp with THC around 0.1%?

Thai FDA

This is all very interesting. 

Is this already public information?

Currently the Thai National Farmers Council is growing an outdoor crop hopefully they will have some influence over where and how the plant is grown.

I've also heard foreigners will be able to own 33% of cannabis companies in Thailand. Is there any truth to that?

Thanks for the info. Keep us updated

8 hours ago, Hempseedman said:

My supplier has an import license and they get some of their cannabis from California legally but most of it is grown here. I literally think I have probably found the best cannabis in Thailand! I usually buy 5 bottles a pop and it’s much better than the stuff they sold me a year ago it’s improved a lot. 

If this is being imported legally can you tell us where you get your medicine?

Surin Hospital Cannabis Clinic

by ThaiCBD December 24, 2019 0 comment

• Surin Hospital Cannabis Clinic

Surin Hospital Cannabis Clinic

Clinic services

• Prescription for Medical Cannabis
  • CBD-oil
  • THC-oil
  • THC/CBD-oil

Opening Hours

Thursdays 08:00 - 12:00

Cannabis Clinic is located in 100-year building, Floor 6.

Clinic location

30028.png30028.png30029.png30029.png30028.png30028.png30029.png30029.png

Contact Information

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hempseedman said:

My supplier has an import license and they get some of their cannabis from California legally but most of it is grown here. I literally think I have probably found the best cannabis in Thailand! I usually buy 5 bottles a pop and it’s much better than the stuff they sold me a year ago it’s improved a lot. 

If they have a licence do you mind sharing their info, link to website or something like that?

15 hours ago, FODreamer said:

Currently the Thai National Farmers Council is growing an outdoor crop hopefully they will have some influence over where and how the plant is grown.

I've also heard foreigners will be able to own 33% of cannabis companies in Thailand. Is there any truth to that?

15 hours ago, FODreamer said:

On owning 33%, Yes it is true... The Thai National Farmers Council is trying to grow cannabis, one of the biggest problems the Thai's are having is that they do not have any

Master Growers work or teaching them how to grow the right way. Some of the problems has been growing in soil with high levels of heavy metals, bugs, unsafe pesticides,

using the right lights, building the right greenhouses, water, more bugs... well I can go on and on, but I will leave it here.

I have been told by Thai's that they have the best cannabis and hemp in the world right here in Thailand... lol

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FODreamer said:

Extremely unlikely as it's not the right time to grow outdoor in Thailand.

The monsoon will flatten any crop, the daylight/nighttime periods are all wrong for flowering cannabis.

October/November would be the right time to plant your seedlings/clones outside. 

Edited by BritManToo

16 hours ago, Evolare said:

Do you have a link for that information?

But i'm pretty sure that is the hemp then 0,1% THC products for 800 growers then

On hemp, the CBD is as high as you can get it, but the THC is at 1.00%

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The monsoon will flatten any crop, the daylight/nighttime periods are all wrong for flowering cannabis.

October/November would be the right time to plant your seedlings/clones outside. 

That is why we are set-up to grow indoor and in greenhous only, we do not plan on growing outdoor.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The farmers council are just finishing up their harvest now on a crop planted dec. 21 last year.

they plan on bringing plants back outside by mid October.

they managed to have an amazing organic grow. no real problems with pests, mold or heavy metal as suggested in an earlier post.

they have many qualified master growers, both Thai and foreign, and they are opening a full master grower certification program starting in mid july.

these are the guys that are going to pave the way for outdoor growing

Edited by FODreamer
  • Like 1

the greenhouses are not necessarily expensive. we have set up multiple greenhouses for 200-400k. the expensive part really comes with the security systems that the Thai FDA requires. the wall and the CCTV system ends up costing more than the grow.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FODreamer said:

Ever tried teaching a Thai to do something before?

It'll fail, and I can tell you why it'll fail.

It hasn't worked in Canada, everything is controlled by big business and it's over-taxed and over-regulated, not to mention the product isn't that good.

Repeat in Thailand,

but with many more officials looking for handouts, and the laziest, most stupid staff you can imagine.

Edited by BritManToo

51 minutes ago, FODreamer said:

The farmers council are just finishing up their harvest now on a crop planted dec. 21 last year.

That's 2 months longer than a normal indoor grow (5 months instead of 3 months).

12 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

On owning 33%, Yes it is true... The Thai National Farmers Council is trying to grow cannabis, one of the biggest problems the Thai's are having is that they do not have any

Master Growers work or teaching them how to grow the right way. Some of the problems has been growing in soil with high levels of heavy metals, bugs, unsafe pesticides,

using the right lights, building the right greenhouses, water, more bugs... well I can go on and on, but I will leave it here.

I have been told by Thai's that they have the best cannabis and hemp in the world right here in Thailand... lol

I'm sorry but your sadly misinformed on this,

They actually have several Master growers (both Thai and Farang) and the plot they grow on has been under organic operation for over 25 years and had zero heavy metals, no residuals of any harmful pesticides or fungicides. I know this because i'm the one who tested their soils and their potting medium they use in the greenhouse. Nor do they use any unsafe pesticides. We supplied most of the organic nutrients for their grow except for some things like wormcastings, woodvinegar and the compostteas that their mastergrowers with team produces themself. Not only that their first harvest was donated for free for the Hospital that they supply. Not a bad first harvest either I might say.

The only issue they had with their soils was some elements were out of balance and had some deficiencies but its in the top 5 of all soils I have tested in Thailand and 1 out of 32 that was free of any heavy metals, (yes I have a database where I store all the soil data). last year we tested about 150 farms.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Evolare said:

hey actually have several Master growers (both Thai and Farang) and the plot they grow on has been under organic operation for over 25 years and had zero heavy metals, no residuals of any harmful pesticides or fungicides. I know this because i'm the one who tested their soils and their potting medium they use in the greenhouse. Nor do they use any unsafe pesticides. We supplied most of the organic nutrients for their grow except for some things like wormcastings, woodvinegar and the compostteas that their mastergrowers with team produces themself. Not only that their first harvest was donated for free for the Hospital that they supply. Not a bad first harvest either I might say.

Yeah, I'm not convinced anyone attempting an organic commercial grow is anything apart from a hobby farmer.

I have no problems with modern chemical fertilisers, pesticides or fungicides.

Organic is a food fad for middle class folk with money to burn.

21 hours ago, FODreamer said:

they managed to have an amazing organic grow. no real problems with pests, mold or heavy metal as suggested in an earlier post.

they have many qualified master growers, both Thai and foreign, and they are opening a full master grower certification program starting in mid july.

Full master grower certification program??? Do you have any idea what a master grow is? And how long it takes to become a master grow?

I have a certification program with SSRU, and that is a one month program to just understand growing cannabis. But to become a master grower

take years and years and more years. I have over 40 years as master grower, and I am still leaning. Right now I know 4 of the top master growers in Thailand,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evolare said:

You would be happy to know Our largest hobby farmer here in Thailand operates over 3000 rai.

We actually have something around 270.000rai of hobby farmers as customers.

And my family has been running a 1.800 rai hobby farm back home since 1984. With hobby cows, hobby chicken and hobby pigs.

It's a good hobby. And we sell up to 3000 tons of hobby products every month.

Even companies like PepsiCo ask us for our advice now as we have expertise in hobby farming and helped one of their hobby contractors to double their yield in 1 year. 

Actually we have so many hobby success stories where we have increased yields for hobby farmers with hobby practices. 

We use science based methods with hobby inputs but our system can be done with chemicals also if things like most fungicides, urea and most same value NPK type fertilizers are excluded.

????

I love science based methods, that is why I have been working with Quantum biology with one Professor from one University in Florida, and one Professor from a different

University with a new light system using far red. Also I think Dave Rockwood is on the right track with Agrisource. If you are not up on the new science of what is going on in the world, you will be left behind as a cannabis grower...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

I love science based methods, that is why I have been working with Quantum biology with one Professor from one University in Florida, and one Professor from a different

University with a new light system using far red. Also I think Dave Rockwood is on the right track with Agrisource. If you are not up on the new science of what is going on in the world, you will be left behind as a cannabis grower...

Agreed love science based methods,

I'm not familiar with Dave Rockwoods work specifically but I see they have solutions for data-driven agriculture.