Other than affirmation of freedom to marry.....

JTXR

In Bangkok it varies between Districts. There no definitive answer, other than you will always need the Affirmation and your passport.

I advise you to get your prospective wife to contact the District Office to ascertain their requirements.

• Thanks 2

Once you have the affirmation, you will need to have it translated into Thai and then you need to take it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have it stamped and signed.

There are always agents hanging around who can assist you with that. Do NOT let them talk you into arranging the marriage. They'll charge you a bundle for something you can easily arrange yourself.

That and your passport is all that you'll need. Your wife to be will also have to provide proof that she's free to marry of course, but she'll know how to deal with that.

It's actually a very simple process.

Good luck and choose wisely.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 2:43 AM, Moonlover said:

It's actually a very simple process.

Too simple. If it were more difficult more farangs wouldn't get married and would be saved from a horrible future.

I like what Laos did.

To the OP, village weddings are the solution. No paperwork, and when it is over just walk away- brilliant.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:05 AM, northsouthdevide said:

Passport and I think birth certificate. 

If you're doing it all yourself, and not enlisting the help of an agent, then it may be good to find a certified translator, just in case you need one. 

Why birth cerificate?. A passport provides all the legality required. I haven't used a birth cert for anything since getting the passport.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:39 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Psychological evaluation...????

OP should print that and put it on the ceiling over his bed to see last thing at night and first thing seen in the morning.

I always regret I hadn't read all the great advice on this sub forum before I got married.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:39 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Psychological evaluation...????

well, plus written permission from previous temporary marriages sides--lol.

I don't know but why buy cow if the milk is free.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why birth cerificate?. A passport provides all the legality required. I haven't used a birth cert for anything since getting the passport.

Some amphers want parents names, and translated into Thai. Translated Birth Certificate provides both.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...