Covid-19: Restaurants, salons, coffee shops and sports - some restrictions could be lifted Monday

rooster59

Covid-19: Restaurants, salons, coffee shops and sports - some restrictions could be lifted Monday

cov.JPG

Image: Daily News

Daily News speculated that the Thai government could be ready to lift some restrictions on daily life when they meet to discuss the Covid-19 situation on Monday.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha and his team of advisors will be reviewing the effectiveness of measures introduced under the emergency decree to limit spread of the coronavirus.

That the decree will be extended is a given, said the media.

But what will be allowed in the immediate future is on the table - this includes activities that can be safely carried out according to social distancing.

The media said that restrictions on the opening of non-air conditioned restaurants, coffee shops, noodle shops and salons could be lifted though these would be accompanied by tables and chairs being spaced apart and be subject to the ready availability of things like hand gels.

When it comes to sports activities and exercise for the people it is likely that non contact sports where large groups do not gather to play could be allowed.

This might include tennis, golf and badminton for example.

The media said that whatever decision is taken people can be sure that the regulations will be strictly enforced.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-25

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

When it comes to sports activities and exercise for the people it is likely that non contact sports where large groups do not gather to play could be allowed.

Nothing specifically said about...Fitness centers / gyms.........

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, zeamonkey said:

Maybe you should learn to read.

”is likely that non contact sports where large groups do not gather to play could be allowed.

This might include tennis, golf and badminton for example.”

Reading does help ????

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

So only "Street food", don't think I've ever eaten in a "non-air conditioned" place in Bangkok. Sad joke again, I am sure there are places with AC systems that produce an air much safer than outdoor Bangkok.

I have had to go out and about in Bangkok three times this week, and from my car I have noticed many many street vendors in full operation, as well as many "mom & pop" stores selling everything, including the kitchen sink. The latter are not essential businesses, but the operators  obviously need to make money, and the patrons need to eat, and they are getting on with their lives as per usual. As a general observation, traffic whether vehicular or pedestrian appears to be quite normal, if perhaps a little lighter, (and therefore a joy getting around, when on a mission...immigration, dentist, grocery shopping). All of this seems at odds with the harsh measures meted out to those engaged in charitable food distribution: the food vendors and their customers are not observing any "social distancing".

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

Some may accuse me of being unduly cynical, but I wouldn't mind betting (were it legal) that a whole new regime will emerge. Reopening permits, suitability assessments, regular checks on procedures and precautions. Obviously influence, as understood by officialdom, will play a large part in gaining a place on the initial list of businesses allowed to re-open, but no doubt there will soon be a whole range of informal fiscal arrangements open to those who lack sufficient influence... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

Some may accuse me of being unduly cynical, but I wouldn't mind betting (were it legal) that a whole new regime will emerge. Reopening permits, suitability assessments, regular checks on procedures and precautions. Obviously influence, as understood by officialdom, will play a large part in gaining a place on the initial list of businesses allowed to re-open, but no doubt there will soon be a whole range of informal fiscal arrangements open to those who lack sufficient influence... 

Already happening.

Our company in Chonburi has just received a checklist from the local authorities and they will be coming round to audit at the start of next month.

Bit of a joke as we were implementing over and above their requirements two months ago when it became apparent we needed to be proactive in controlling hazards and implementing preventative actions. 

Now we are being told when to clean toilets, how far people have to be from each other etc.

6 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

A bit like Guildford if my memory serves me well.

Guildford - is that the place with the cathedral which looks like a 1930s Art-Deco concrete gasworks?

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I agree, we own a condo which has 2 nice pools in total 50m, out of 100 units I think no more than 10 people staying there which only owners can get to, without a key card nobody can get in on the project not like an hotel pool where anybody can walk in, why not leave it to the discretion of the management?

Officially it's the discretion of the condo committee, I know condos with open pools.