Video: "Swaggering" cop with a machine gun - speculation rife after apparent road rage incident

rooster59

Video: "Swaggering" cop with a machine gun - speculation rife after apparent road rage incident

rr.JPG

Image: Daily News

Thais were speculating in large numbers after a video was posted on Facebook in Chiang Mai.

The video showed part of an argument between a man driving an Isuzu, thought to be the partner of the poster, and a man outside who claimed to be a policeman. It happened on the railway line road.

The close cropped man had a police t-shirt and what appeared to be a high powered gun slung over his shoulder. Sanook reckoned it was a toy.

After the argument the so called policeman got back in a Honda and drove off.

Netizens wanted an investigation to find out who this strutting and swaggering person was.

Later RTP spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen admitted that the man is a policeman in the Saraphi area.

The provincial police chief called for an investigation into his behavior.

National RTP chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda has also reportedly showed an interest in the case promising justice for both sides, reported Daily News in a subsequent report.

Sources: Daily News and Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-25

12 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Now wait a minute, that would be too efficient and set a bad example. They haven’t even decided who is going to be on the committee that will clear him.

Well I know who the Chairperson will be.......... Chan-o-cha as he is the chairperson of every single committee in the whole of Thailand

• Confused 1

Shouldn't be too difficult to follow up. They have his registration number.

Maybe it's all rehearsed and staged and he was paid to do the video. The gun "was only attached to his hip". 

Edited by petedk

The guy is just a policeman. Muppets are all upset by is equipment. It is just dangling by his side.

Next topic will be about RTP not doing their job and challenging errant road users.

Police-Scotland-Armed-Response-Vehicle-1

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

National RTP chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda has also reportedly showed an interest in the case promising justice for both sides

Both sides???? A police man in t-shirt and jeans shorts carrying a machine gun off duty getting engaged in a kind of road rage???? Sorry, big boss! I can only see one side at fault here. Guess which?

• Like 1

Saw a cop in Robison yesterday carrying an automatic rifle and shopping basket,

the way he carried the weapon slung over his shoulder it could have easily be removed from behind.
Infact same as in this shot.(pic) above.

Edited by monkfish

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Both sides???? A police man in t-shirt and jeans shorts carrying a machine gun off duty getting engaged in a kind of road rage???? Sorry, big boss! I can only see one side at fault here. Guess which?

I imagine justice for both sides can mean justice metered out on the policeman for abuse of power and justice for the victim - however, knowing Thailand the victim will probably face prison for defamation of an officer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Did it say that he was off-duty?  Plenty of officers wear civvies on duty.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Word said:

Did it say that he was off-duty?  Plenty of officers wear civvies on duty.

Yes, but not a machine gun together with jeans short and no bullet proof vest. It was just an observation, I might be wrong. My bet is on another one gone out of the reservation.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I imagine justice for both sides can mean justice metered out on the policeman for abuse of power and justice for the victim - however, knowing Thailand the victim will probably face prison for defamation of an officer

Yeah, I thought about the same possibility at first too. Unfortunately I reached the same conclusion as you. ????

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Well I know who the Chairperson will be.......... Chan-o-cha as he is the chairperson of every single committee in the whole of Thailand

But his younger brother seems to be reappearing, maybe he will be the chairperson?