Pacific Cross question - My first insurance

stapoz

I'm considering a purchase one of PC insurance plans (inpatient only).

Don't you think all plans below MAXIMA suck? Eg in PREMIER plan, there is quite good, 1.2M Bath cover. But for hospital expenses there is only 200KB + 200KB for surgery. Even intensive care and anaesthesiology is included in this cost! That's all they will pay for hospital treatment. Not sure if it's enough even for gov. hospital. It looks like the rest of 1.2MB can be used for post-hospital treatment (medicine, doctor), psychiatric, organ transplant, etc. So if someone get sick eg. COVID disease and need hospital treatment, PC will only pay 200KB for ALL hospital treatment??? (including medicines and drugs!) Or I missed something?

(prices are for 50yo)

PC.png

Edited by stapoz

Look at the Maxima plan, B5 Mio coverage and 100% of the fees paid. That is what gives you the security 

However,  if you choose the Premium or Premium Plus plan in order to save costs, you better don't step into private hospitals like Bangkok Pattaya hospital for any serious surgery. Government hospitals will be your choice for that insured level.

Be careful with this company...they offered me their best plan at a reasonable price...had me go for health evaluation...they could not articulate why but they denied me the premium plan but offered a lesser plan at the same higher price...I refused...now I have been turned down for insurance...not a good position to be in when dealing with another company.

35 minutes ago, stapoz said:

That's what I thought. Taking any plan below Maxima is wasting of money as I couldn't use declared total limit for hospital. Only Maxima and up allow to use the limit (eg. 5MB) for hospital.

My 1st time looking at Health Insurance & I'm also looking at the Maxima 5MillionB plan with discounts for removing outpatient & paying the 1st 20,000 THB for any claims works out to be approx 35K pa for a 54 year old.

One thing  I'm uncertain of is whether it's better to just apply direct or go through a Broker (I understand that the price is the same either way)

Anybody have any recommendations for insurance Brokers in Bangkok?

Edited by Mike Teavee

I've got offers from AA and Pacific Prime brokers - both from bkk (but doesn't matter from where, as everything can be made online - as I did). As I've read, a broker can be helpful if there will be any problems with claims.

I'm the same age - for the price 36K/year you must select 40K deductible.

Edited by stapoz
  • Thanks 1

Most insurance contracts contain a remark like this: "the applicant must reside in Thailand at least 6 months in 12 months period". I came to Thailand 2 months ago and will probably stay a year. Does it mean I must wait 4 months to be able to buy an insurance? How can I stay half a year not insured? What if I go my home country this year for 5 months (or eg. 7 months), renew the policy from my country and come back Thailand? Why is this a problem?

• 3 months later...

We consider to obtain one of the plan of this company. However i found in the google maps the following report about claim regulation process: "if you have to claim for anything of a substantial amount. Even though we live in the 21st century you have to handwrite and post forms back to them. They will not let you email them to them! " (https://goo.gl/maps/8uxYSZHTe9AvumAS7). Do anyone know what a form is required?

Edited by Dmitry2222

On 4/25/2020 at 2:01 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Be careful with this company...they offered me their best plan at a reasonable price...had me go for health evaluation...they could not articulate why but they denied me the premium plan but offered a lesser plan at the same higher price...I refused...now I have been turned down for insurance...not a good position to be in when dealing with another company.

Yes I heard another example of that. Pacific Prime Brokers told me that Cigna and Now Health are two of the most flexible insurers on the market. I won't go near Pacific Cross. If you are fit an healthy, normal weight, no medication and no pre existing conditions, then fine. But many of us aren't.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Visa friendly package which allows entry to Thailand from Pacific Cross.Used Pacific Prime as a broker who did well although if your in a hurry would be quicker to go straight through PC.

No medical required at 49 years of age through the broker.

Was 44,850 or 36,000 20% deductible.

Is it any good? It passed for the COE to get back into Thailand no problems. 

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

probably very low cover then, check the coverage

Sounds like it is the 100k cover required for a COE. Not in any way adequate insurance overall.

OP:  Premier cover s way too low. Note you are covered for only 5 days per illness!! Hence the 200K.

Do nto consider less than Premier Plus. Maxima would be better.