Making burgers without a blender...

RickG16

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yes, I use pork too as the beef here is not worth the price.

Along with the minced pork I put in a little fine chopped onion , 3 big cloves of garlic , mixed herbs , a little fennel, a couple of dashes of Worcester sauce ,black pepper and some flour to help bind the mix.

Press the mix into non stick rings for nice shape then fry in oil. When cooled, into the freezer.

Exactly ,Moo burger!

Seems like different places have different types of burgers.   In Thailand I would take the girls from the massage place down to 7-11 now and then just for a break.  They turned me on to "Burger Kung" the frozen shrimp burgers there.  Pretty good junk food for a few baht.  And the good 7-11s have fresh tomatoes, lettuce, onion for topping there.  They had Pork burgers, chicken, burgers, too.  I kind of like the late night street stand burgers all over Pattaya.  Two or three stools to sit on, girl turns on the grill, throws on the frozen patties.  Fry up some french fries and a coke.  Good food? Nah.  But sitting outdoors in a foreign country 11,000 miles from home, well it is part of traveling.  Some of the stand girls are good conversation too.  Or take the burger "take away" as they say, chill back in the hotel room after a day of adventure, catch up on some internet news from home, or whatever. 

30 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Hello wake up, that poster does not live in Thailand, so no point about talking

Thai beef which I know is horrible.

Isn't that predicated on the belief that the OP is the only one tuned in here.

Here goes...  You don't need a blender to make a burger.  They can close this one down.

I have made them both with and without breadcrumbs. I think the dry breadcrumbs is better because the dry bread absorbs the meat juice and flavor. and the egg is a binder. 

85% ground beef is the best for a juicy burger, 

I think burger chauvinism does not apply , anyway you like it is best. 

If you want but  don't have bread crumbs, or a blender to make breadcrumbs , soak some Bread in water. and then squeeze the water out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

They can close this one down.

Yup my question was answered long ago but don't close it down... I've got the popcorn out here... although I wish Captain What's His Name would return.. he was good value. 

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I have made them both with and without breadcrumbs. I think the dry breadcrumbs is better because the dry bread absorbs the meat juice and flavor. and the egg is a binder. 

85% ground beef is the best for a juicy burger, 

I think burger chauvinism does not apply , anyway you like it is best. 

If you want but  don't have bread crumbs, or a blender to make breadcrumbs , soak some Bread in water. and then squeeze the water out. 

Yes you can use old stale bread which you don't eat anymore soak it in water

but squeeze it dry before you add it

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yup my question was answered long ago but don't close it down... I've got the popcorn out here... although I wish Captain What's His Name would return.. he was good value. 

I miss him already.  He's steadfast and I like that.  

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

In Thailand I would take the girls from the massage place down to 7-11 now and then just for a break. 

Wow , you know how to treat a woman like a lady ! Fine dine them with haute cuisine.

Just now, Denim said:

Wow , you know how to treat a woman like a lady ! Fine dine them with haute cuisine.

Oh yes, nothing but the best.  The funny thing is they are the ones that recommended it!  It was just around the corner and just a place to go for a few minutes during the day while they shut the shop down for a break.  I would have never thought of it.  Oh and after hours I take them to the places at Big C.  They liked the soup pot place more than the Thai bbq place. Even did Karaoke one night at some hole in the wall I could not find again. That was kind of fun and they seemed to enjoy it.   Their shop was not very busy and they were nice.  It was up near that Pink Hotel off of Soi Yume.  Rattakin I think was the name? In Pattaya.   I gave them business every day, sometimes would catch a nap in one of the reclining chairs, or watch the Korean soap opera with them that was popular at the time.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

You can make a burger anyway you like,with additives or not,

its a personal choice,as long as it tastes good,they all end up

as sh*t anyway

regards Worgeordie

Burgers with egg, breadcrumbs... and regards. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

Burgers with egg, breadcrumbs... and regards. 

Personally,I put finely chopped onions in mine.and a dollop of BBQ sauce

when they are done, the most difficult thing here is not the ingredients,

its the buns,nearly impossible to get a good on,that is not sweet,too big,

some of them are like chewing gum,when you chew them,no texture.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Are you a chef? Cooking my whole life since grade school, never heard of blitzing.

Quick Google search, once again proof most on here use British English with no understanding their local colloquialisms in Stockton-on Tees are not globally understood.

A Burger is made from 100 percent ground beef. No bread crumbs. No god damned eggs.

Looks like you're well in the minority, so the parochial little late addition to your post makes you seem a tad foolish.  Even more so given you use the term "grade school" which won't make it into anyone's regular vocabulary much outside North America.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/49404/juiciest-hamburgers-ever/

My kid used to work for Splitz Burgers in Whistler when he first arrived there as a snowboarding fanatic. He sent me the recipe for their burgers, and it was good, the secret ingredient which doesn't appear so secret nowadays, was he said - Worcestershire sauce

• Like 1