Thai man faces jail after beating neighbor's cat to death over motorcycle scratches

rooster59

55 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Thaivisa notes that Thailand has strict animal cruelty laws on its books.

Justice in Thailand? Laws, rarely enforced. Perhaps this time there will be justice as it was caught on CCTV and seen on social media. That will not bring the cat back though.

57 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The police said they had gathered evidence of the crime and would be issuing a summons. Not to worry, they said, they know who did it and will soon have a word with him.

Not to worry? I am surprised the cat owner did not give the barbarian some of his own stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe the owner should have taken care of his cat better, rather then letting it wander about on the street, damaging peoples property and being a pest

Ha ha ha that's so funny, we are in Thailand you know.

unfortunately in Thailand responsibility for anything is just not there especially pets, we have cats and dogs wandering around our house all the time and the owners just ignore it, we keep our dog inside our yard, and pick up after her.  I bought a sling shot and some ball bearings for it, amazing how the animals dont come near out house anymore

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Love the photo of the cat owner just pointing at................. nothing.

Click the link to the original article. He is pointing to the dead cat on the floor???? there are 2 pictures showing g him pointing and what he pointing at

17 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Apparently he was parked in front of the owner of the cats business instead of his own.  Second - he should have confronted the cats owner for compensation not blame and kill the cat.

I'm guessing the street area in front of the cat's owner's business is likely public property.  A person should be able to park his motorcycle there without it being trashed and peed on by a cat its owner allows to run free.  Thais do not take adequate responsibility for their pets -- cats, dogs or anything else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Exactly where should the cat go, it's the middle of the town/city by the look of it, with no garden. Maybe a leash and take for a walk ? 

Yes ,Take it for a walk on a leash.Same as with dogs . If one can't control the cat or dog have a Fence around the property & or have a Cage /Room for the cat with cat litter tray (we  keep the dog inside the Fence) Safe away from People and their property.  ???? ????‍????  

• Like 1

Same thing happened to my 150 cc. Honda Click brand new from the dealer and the first night in the open garage a pesky moggie excercised its claws on my lovely new seat. I had only used the seat one time on the first day.  Several very deep claw marks ruined its appearance and I had to buy a new cover....ouch !! 

I did not see the perp but if I had if would a sharp tap was that I would have administered.

18 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

I can understand frustration with property damage.  But two things stand out.  Apparently he was parked in front of the owner of the cats business instead of his own.  Second - he should have confronted the cats owner for compensation not blame and kill the cat.

He is lucky.  Someone killed one of my cats might wish the police came to have a word with him.

Me too..

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe the owner should have taken care of his cat better, rather then letting it wander about on the street, damaging peoples property and being a pest. 

He can't care that much about it.. I suspect it's more to do with getting some money then the loss off his cat.  I mean, how sentimental about animals can a butcher / meat seller be… kind of hypercritical.

I bet he did not get the cat fixed.. to stop it spraying stinking urine over peoples stuff, and I also suspect he did not have it vaccinated for rabies or anything!  Did it even have a collar with its name and address on?  

If a cat is fee roaming about, defecating on peoples property, damaging property, howling and screaming at night fighting, killing wildlife and birds, then in my view it is no better than vermin such as a rat.  

Ignorance beyond belief.

18 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

I can understand frustration with property damage.  But two things stand out.  Apparently he was parked in front of the owner of the cats business instead of his own.  Second - he should have confronted the cats owner for compensation not blame and kill the cat.

He is lucky.  Someone killed one of my cats might wish the police came to have a word with him.

Me too..