Thai man faces jail after beating neighbor's cat to death over motorcycle scratches

rooster59

18 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

I can understand frustration with property damage.  But two things stand out.  Apparently he was parked in front of the owner of the cats business instead of his own.  Second - he should have confronted the cats owner for compensation not blame and kill the cat.

He is lucky.  Someone killed one of my cats might wish the police came to have a word with him.

The Cat's owners business or the Cat's business....? ????

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Maybe the owner should have taken care of his cat better, rather then letting it wander about on the street, damaging peoples property and being a pest. 

He can't care that much about it.. I suspect it's more to do with getting some money then the loss off his cat.  I mean, how sentimental about animals can a butcher / meat seller be… kind of hypercritical.

I bet he did not get the cat fixed.. to stop it spraying stinking urine over peoples stuff, and I also suspect he did not have it vaccinated for rabies or anything!  Did it even have a collar with its name and address on?  

If a cat is fee roaming about, defecating on peoples property, damaging property, howling and screaming at night fighting, killing wildlife and birds, then in my view it is no better than vermin such as a rat.  

Hey, Mr.Angry...

You obviously don't like animals and their built in habits, so..............????

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Hey, Mr.Angry...

You obviously don't like animals and their built in habits, so..............????

Once I asked a Thai guy WHY in Chiang Mai he puts cardboard on his seat in high season when there is no change of rain and it is not that hot. In fact mornings are chilly. He told me the cats warm their asses on bike seats getting sun in the morning then they "scratch them". He showed me the claw-holes!

Edited by Captain Monday

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Once I asked a Thai guy WHY in Chiang Mai he puts cardboard on his seat in high season when there is no change of rain and it is not that hot. In fact mornings are chilly. He told me the cats warm their asses on bike seats getting sun in the morning then they "scratch them". He showed me the claw-holes!

We have two cats, they are great fun and bring me dead rats regularly....So rats, lizards and snakes aren't a problem...

Mrs.Trans PCX seat has had a few claw marks over the years, had it recovered twice, for 200bht a time...????

• Thanks 1

Cat and dog owners should really control their cats and dogs so that they don't pee, poo or do whatever annoying things at other people's places.

I have annoying cats from neighbours coming into my garden and pooing there. 

What should I do ???

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Cat and dog owners should really control their cats and dogs so that they don't pee, poo or do whatever annoying things at other people's places.

I have annoying cats from neighbours coming into my garden and pooing there. 

What should I do ???

Cats are free spirits, they hunt and prowl, same as their larger cousins. You should buy a cat, once out of the kitten stage they go out and roam, very clean and look after their own area...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Ignorance beyond belief.

Me too..

No... it is not 'ignorance beyond belief', it is something called being a responsible pet owner.  

It is dangerous for the pet, irresponsible to neighbours, and lazy and ignorant of the owner to let it roam unsupervised in the streets damaging peoples property and being a nuisance, as well a as a disease risk.

You don't see owners of expensive pedigree cat breeds let their cats roam about on busy city streets at night unsupervised... because they value their cats and take care of them properly.

It is easy to make a cat aviary / run in the yard with lots of toys and things for the cat to climb and play on and a litter box for its toilet.  Also many people have house cats.  

But that will require a little effort and money and I am sure its much easier to just feed the cat some cheap dry food and let it poop in others yards where you don't have to clean up after it, or have it scratch your stuff.  

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Exactly where should the cat go, it's the middle of the town/city by the look of it, with no garden. Maybe a leash and take for a walk ? 

So he should not own a cat if he does not have a way to care for it properly.  What if he owned a horse, would you think that he was OK to let it on the street in the city to roam around too with that argument?  

1 hour ago, transam said:

Hey, Mr.Angry...

Wrong of both fronts.  I am not angry.  I like animals.  I have 2 dogs, a cat, budgies in an aviary and a turtle.  I also worked in a pet shop for 6 years, and a zoo for 5 years and have a degree in zoology and a city and guilds in animal management.    So I have some knowledge of pet care and animal behaviour / needs. 

A cats 'built in habits' do not include wandering unsupervised on a city street, scratching motorbike seats, and pissing on peoples property.

50 minutes ago, transam said:

Cats are free spirits, they hunt and prowl, same as their larger cousins. You should buy a cat, once out of the kitten stage they go out and roam, very clean and look after their own area...

So are all other pets.  But that is no argument to allow my dogs roam about on the streets, or my rabbits hob around the city centre, or go next door to eat their vegetables.  

44 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Cats do not wee on motorcycles. In fact they are very private with their weeing and pooping.

You have ever owned a unneutered tom cat?  They spray to mark their territory... and that included spraying urine on basically anything nearby.  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you do not have enough property to have a private area, like a back yard, or roof top

garden, then do not own a pet, other then a fish, turtle, or something small that can

be kept in a cage.  The use of common sense, cannot be used as some people do

not possess common sense.

Geezer

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So he should not own a cat if he does not have a way to care for it properly.  What if he owned a horse, would you think that he was OK to let it on the street in the city to roam around too with that argument?  

Wrong of both fronts.  I am not angry.  I like animals.  I have 2 dogs, a cat, budgies in an aviary and a turtle.  I also worked in a pet shop for 6 years, and a zoo for 5 years and have a degree in zoology and a city and guilds in animal management.    So I have some knowledge of pet care and animal behaviour / needs. 

A cats 'built in habits' do not include wandering unsupervised on a city street, scratching motorbike seats, and pissing on peoples property.

So are all other pets.  But that is no argument to allow my dogs roam about on the streets, or my rabbits hob around the city centre, or go next door to eat their vegetables.  

You have ever owned a unneutered tom cat?  They spray to mark their territory... and that included spraying urine on basically anything nearby.  

Yeh, and I was a Lion tamer.......????

Tom (male) cats spray pee, may two female cats don't....????

• Sad 1