I Can buy a ticket, but can I enter

canuckamuck

I clicked "follow"

Let as know how it works out, I am anxious to get back to Thailand also. 

I also found a cheep ticket with Korean air going out of Miami for June 2, will be flying with my wife who is a Thai national and would be coming in with a Thai passport. So I guess if i have a married certificate to prove that she is my wife, and a clean Virus test, i should be all right , but who knows.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sameasb4 said:

if your booking a flight use the airline site 3rd party or travel agent bye bye money

airlines not back in business until international rules sorted maybe june

book the day before u travel

Chargeback and travel insurance can also assist in recovering funds.  It's definitely not bye bye money in most instances.  

• Like 1

The U.K. is advising only travel to Thailand if it’s essential so the chances of getting Travel Insurance is zero. Booking flights which are cancelled by the airline means you will be ‘chasing’ a refund for weeks and if I cancel because I can’t fulfil the criteria to return to Thailand it’s either change the date for a fee or lose the money. My partners and sons return flight to Thailand with B.A. on the 12th of May has been cancelled no voucher as part of the journey has been completed. A refund I would receive 50% of the original return fare nowhere near what it would cost for s single. I have until 14 days after the original date to change the return flight date for free. If B.A. cancel again I can still change for free, it’s a case of hanging on in there to see what appertains but until the U.K. figures improve Thailand will be reluctant to allow British citizens and returning Thais in without severe restrictions which you can’t blame them for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The U.K. is advising only travel to Thailand if it’s essential so the chances of getting Travel Insurance is zero...

What Is the Canadian government advising?

The OP wrote that he would be flying from Canada.

7 minutes ago, Puccini said:

What Is the Canadian government advising?

The OP wrote that he would be flying from Canada

This from the Canadian Government website,

Travel abroad

Official Global Travel Advisory

Avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice.

As foreign governments implement strict travel restrictions and as fewer international transportation options are available, you may have difficulty returning to Canada or may have to remain abroad for an indeterminate period.

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

If eventually B.A. recommence flights do I have to advise anyone Thai Embassy or other she and our son are returning on a certain date or does she just go the airport.

I don't think anyone can give an answer to that at the moment. Before the shutdown there were permission to fly and Covid clear documents, with long queues at the Thai Embassy in London for the former.  Next week or in a month or whenever flights start again there may be different requirements.

14 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

The incoming flight ban will probably be lifted on May 1st

However, they are going to make you sing, dance and serenade to get in

Unless it is of major importance I wouldn't bother

There will be no inbound flights May 1, only restricted domestic flights. The emergency decree will get extended. Read the news,please. It's in every news website online. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

No, you can not enter Thailand. There are no inbound flights for foreigners except for people with work permits or pilots and diplomats. Every border is closed. 

Work permit holders are also no longer permitted.  The latest rules for getting on a plane are:

Flights to Thailand are suspended.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights.

AFAIK most countries are only permitting entry to their own nationals, who then have to go into quarantine. Some governments are paying for that, some not.

IMO everyone should wait for three months, the dust won't settle before then.

My colleagues Thai wife arrived from Bangkok via Schipol with KLM last week. I read that all airports are closed but doing a flight search some airlines are still flying into BKK. I can’t see airlines flying empty planes just to bring a few back on the return journey ?

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK most countries are only permitting entry to their own nationals, who then have to go into quarantine. Some governments are paying for that, some not.

IMO everyone should wait for three months, the dust won't settle before then.

The majority of countries are except the U.K. as I said in an earlier post my colleagues Thai wife arrived from BKK on Tuesday. She basically ‘walked’ into Newcastle no checks,no advice on self isolating.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The majority of countries are except the U.K. as I said in an earlier post my colleagues Thai wife arrived from BKK on Tuesday. She basically ‘walked’ into Newcastle no checks,no advice on self isolating.

my friends arrived back in the uk from thailand, no one needed to tell them to isolate for 14 days they just got on and did it. i dont see why, at this stage in the pandemic, people need to be told to self isolate when they move from one country, or area within a country, to another. it's basic common sense.

people need to be more switched on and take responsibility and not just look for reasons to complain and criticise in these unprecedented times

5 minutes ago, samsensam said:

my friends arrived back in the uk from thailand, no one needed to tell them to isolate for 14 days they just got on and did it. i dont see why, at this stage in the pandemic, people need to be told to self isolate when they move from one country, or area within a country, to another. it's basic common sense.

people need to be more switched on and take responsibility and not just look for reasons to complain and criticise in these unprecedented times

So why is Thailand forcibly putting their own citizens in quarantine for 14 days when they return to Thailand. My Thai partner is switched on and would do 14 days self isolation with out having to be confined to a hotel/army camp ?

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So why is Thailand forcibly putting their own citizens in quarantine for 14 days when they return to Thailand. My Thai partner is switched on and would do 14 days self isolation with out having to be confined to a hotel/army camp ?

Most ppl are not disciplined. That is why.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

We have seen with social distancing and requests to stay at home , some people ignore the rules they think it doesn't apply to them, or something important to them comes up and they will come out of self isolation.

Society today is all about me,me,me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Sounds easier than done.

I enquired at my UK Bank what protection I had with my Credit Card, I had to provide proof that the flight was cancelled by the airline and they were not prepared to give me a refund.

Airlines are not refusing refunds but are offering other alternatives so I doubt I would receive a refund from my Credit Card Company ?

36 minutes ago, samsensam said:

my friends arrived back in the uk from thailand, no one needed to tell them to isolate for 14 days they just got on and did it.

Yeah, it only happens in the UK. Not anywhere else on this planet.

Their reasoning is, the infection is so widespread via domestic transmission, that shutting borders or checking people coming in from overseas won't make a difference.

Edited by lkv