Pattaya car wrap ? where and how much ? Still ok after many years ?

• 4 weeks later...

plastic or steel bumper? you can't really fix a plastic bumper. To paint a bumper would cost around 3-6000 baht. I think its better than wrapping it which would cost about the same. Low quality wraps don't last long.

You will need to get it fix yourself before most wrapping place will wrap it. Most wrapping places won't go out of the way to fix your bumper for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mike324 said:

plastic or steel bumper? you can't really fix a plastic bumper. To paint a bumper would cost around 3-6000 baht. I think its better than wrapping it which would cost about the same. Low quality wraps don't last long.

You will need to get it fix yourself before most wrapping place will wrap it. Most wrapping places won't go out of the way to fix your bumper for you.

German car, bumper painted, 2000 thb.

and yes, I agree with what you said about wrapping, it might be a bad idea until the cheaters keep being overpriced.

I drove my car straight from showroom and had it clear wrapped - 30K.

There's 2 places in Pattaya ( that i've used ) both are near the ramp exit that take you out of town, one is called Wrapworld, you need to go up to the lights and then 'U' turn and as you come back turn left at the lights and it's on your left.

The other place is at the same set of lights at the BKK / pattaya and N Pattaya road intersection.

My car was done at wrap world ( still looks good ) and i had a bike bike wrapped at the other place ( he also does goes valet service ).

One thing to bear in mind, if you're getting it wrapped a different colour than original when you get stone chips it looks a bit silly coz you can see original colour.

Good luck!

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 7:04 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

I drove my car straight from showroom and had it clear wrapped - 30K.

There's 2 places in Pattaya ( that i've used ) both are near the ramp exit that take you out of town, one is called Wrapworld, you need to go up to the lights and then 'U' turn and as you come back turn left at the lights and it's on your left.

The other place is at the same set of lights at the BKK / pattaya and N Pattaya road intersection.

My car was done at wrap world ( still looks good ) and i had a bike bike wrapped at the other place ( he also does goes valet service ).

One thing to bear in mind, if you're getting it wrapped a different colour than original when you get stone chips it looks a bit silly coz you can see original colour.

Good luck!

Thank you, what kind of car that you can wrap for 30000 ? It seems to be more like 50000 ?

Hi Salsajapan, a wrap company won't fix your bumper before applying the wrap - they'll just clean it.
The lifespan of a wrap depends on a number of factors - the quality of the wrap used, the thickness, the after-care and so on. 
If you're into DIY, another option is to Plasti Dip your bumper. This is where you spray Plasti Dip onto your bumper and it dries to form a hard skin, just like a wrap. It's long lasting and you can peel it off when you want to remove it. 
Just search for 'plasti dip' on lazada and you can find many brands to choose from but the most popular on is Bosny. 
Hope it helps!

• Like 1