Women addicted to gambling 'biggest violators of social distancing practice'

webfact

Women addicted to gambling 'biggest violators of social distancing practice'

By The Nation

800_07db84aca9d324d.jpg?v=1587907235

File photo

Ageing women who love gambling are the biggest violators of the social distancing practice, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesman of the Government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Sunday (April 26).

He urged husbands to dissuade their wives from going to gambling dens.

According to police statistics of curfew breakers, 87 joined gatherings, up 47 from the previous day while 568 left their houses during curfew hours, down 27 over a 24-hour period, he said.

Those who joined gatherings for drinking, gambling and illicit drug consumption were people aged between 11-40, the majority being males.

However, the majority of violators in the age group 51-60 were women, mostly those who visited gambling dens, he said.

“Husbands should inform their wives about the dangers of the Covid-19 contagion,” Taweesin warned.

Social distancing and curfew violators on April 26, were mostly found in Pathum Thani, Rayong, Bangkok, Phuket and Samut Prakan provinces.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386810

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-27

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps the cards were imported? There would be no gambling without them.

Farang cards sure !  

Vegas is not in Thailand ; up to you ! 

Plastic cards; but poor quality plastic, Chinese, maybe? Sure !

P1090319_KSR.thumb.JPG.fa8135adcae9ddb711f11f4b68a3b755.JPG

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I have noticed that the woman in our neighborhood who is most addicted to gambling sleeps with guys nearby (violation) to get money to continue her drinking and gambling then when she and her husband get into physical fights, neighbors join in (violation) to try to separate them. Happens about twice a week. Wonder if that aspect of social distancing violation is a feature of the situations of other women, too?

Sounds like my EX

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

And how many expats have lost their house and savings thanks to their Thai wife' gambling habits?....there's a few I know of!

Indeed...I've heard of many women who have lost fortunes. However, I've never met anyone who has won playing cards!

"Ageing women who love gambling are the biggest violators of the social distancing practice," 

I am not sure. I know young ladies that still can be found standing around here in Pattaya for whatever reason or can be met using the internet. But right - they don't gamble.