Chiang Mai: "Irresponsible" Thai and foreign cyclists on Doi Suthep could spread virus

webfact

Many cyclists and a single route to climb to the Wat which is still far from being at the top of Doi Suthep;
climbing to the Wat is very easy except the last 500 meters which are a little steep.
on the other hand going to Phuphin Palace is something else, the percentage is higher
If this really happened, I find it odd that the police did not intervene;

it was very easy to block the road at the zoo level or even a little higher at the very large mark road

515204345_P3182210_Chiang_Mai(Copy).thumb.JPG.751a71a541f87f5bcd824ddd3ba58e83.JPG

After an all night rain,its such a beautiful morning here in Chiang Mai that I could hardly fault an avid cyclist to be heading for the hills. All the cyclist I've seen going past our place have been wearing a mask....except for the same farang I've seen occasionally cycling with no protection even when the AQI was as 400....either he has no mask or he is just completely out of the loop.

Conclusion: fake news - that is an old photo,when times were much better in CM.

2 hours ago, J Town said:

No, just as many Thais are ignoring safety measures.

Totally agree.  On my solo bike rides, I see quite a few groups of Thais cyclists, none wearing masks.  Same with villagers, & pickups full of labourers, squeezed into the tray, no masks.

We've seen with Spotlight Thailand asking that non-mask wearing foreigners are hunted down with weapons that the social distancing Nazis and mask fanatics are easy prey for those trying to spin hatred against foreigners.

Obviously we have a similar older Thai guy here in Chiang Mai.

I look forward to the facebook page "Hunt down cyclists with sticks".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

We've seen with Spotlight Thailand asking that non-mask wearing foreigners are hunted down with weapons that the social distancing Nazis and mask fanatics are easy prey for those trying to spin hatred against foreigners.

Obviously we have a similar older Thai guy here in Chiang Mai.

I look forward to the facebook page "Hunt down cyclists with sticks".

Silly idea, they finish up maimed by vehicles anyway at least my friends here have.

• Confused 1