Chiang Mai: "Irresponsible" Thai and foreign cyclists on Doi Suthep could spread virus

webfact

7 minutes ago, humbug said:

Yes, thats very true, when they blamed the thong lo party virus infection on a Hong kong person, party attendees on facebook, sweared blind that it was nonsense, and no foreigners were ever present, publicly known patient zero in Italy, was a chinese tourist from Wuhan, China, publicly known patient zero here was a tourist from Wuhan, China, the han chinese nationalists, in cahorts with the men in green here, i am never fooled by their thai citizenship/ids, are really pushing the same racism that is happening in china towards all foreigners, just like they use the water flowing from tibet to the mekong as taps, to control, they will do the same with foreign residents in se asia, many in Singapore have complained how easy it is for new chinese to emigrate there, and how difficult it is for many other nationalities to now do the same, it really is a co-ordinated push

Chinese Immigrants set the Visa Rules here too, not the Old Thais.Thats why they own the place.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You'll need to explain how that works.

When I'm cycling I never touch anything but my bike, and the's nobody else near me in the road.

It's airborne and travels further when cycling.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BS

Hmm, you almost had me convinced with such a thoughtful perspective. Allow me to retort:

"In a scenario where someone rides into a sneeze or a cough, that would obviously present an increased risk"

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a31469228/cycling-during-coronavirus/

Then there is this:

"Then the equivalent social distances are: 5 m for walking fast (4 km/h), 10 m for running fast (14.4 km/h), 20 m for cycling fast (30 km/h). "

https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/why-in-times-of-covid-19-you-should-not-walk-run-bike-close-behind-each-other-follow-up-with-q-a-ca44e12cc54d

Please, respect your fellow human beings.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, J Town said:

Hmm, you almost had me convinced with such a thoughtful perspective. Allow me to retort:

"In a scenario where someone rides into a sneeze or a cough, that would obviously present an increased risk"

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a31469228/cycling-during-coronavirus/

Then there is this:

"Then the equivalent social distances are: 5 m for walking fast (4 km/h), 10 m for running fast (14.4 km/h), 20 m for cycling fast (30 km/h). "

https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/why-in-times-of-covid-19-you-should-not-walk-run-bike-close-behind-each-other-follow-up-with-q-a-ca44e12cc54d

Please, respect your fellow human beings.

Similar I suppose to do you get wetter by running in the rain more than walking the same distance?????

• Haha 1

How is someone getting on a bicycle putting people in harms way? This virus is NOT airborne. And if someone had Covid symptoms they would not be on a bike ride. So, how are they making it harder on people, or putting people at risk? People should be allowed to recreate. Bicycling by it's very nature consists of automatic social distancing. Sure, it would be better if they wear a mask. I bike regularly, and I wear a mask. Not for my own health. But, to make the Thai people feel more secure.

This ignorant panic and zombie mentality has to stop. It is not healthy for society. There is barely any Covid here. It is burned out. Let it go. Let people get on with their lives. Let the people go back to work.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

How is someone getting on a bicycle putting people in harms way? This virus is NOT airborne.

It absolutely IS airborne and saying it's not just lengthens the time we're all gonna be stuck with it. That is, of course, unless if you have better info that contradicts the CDC.

"Mode of transmission: Current data suggest person-to-person transmission most commonly happens during close exposure to a person infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, primarily via respiratory droplets produced when the infected person speaks, coughs, or sneezes."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-recommendations.html

how about THIS....not only is is NOT airborne, it can't hurt anyone while they are exercising.  nobody can get the virus while exercising.  

here's the thing about virus discussions.......number 1, we are not doctors so even if you say something that might be "right," nobody will believe you.  secondly, you do what you want, i'll do what i want.  you don't care about me, i don't care about you.  waste your time helping people you do care about.

but back to covid, the illuminati is ready to release the next virus

and then world war 3.  and then world war 4.

we'll be busy for the next 40-years

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

how about THIS....not only is is NOT airborne, it can't hurt anyone while they are exercising.  nobody can get the virus while exercising.  

here's the thing about virus discussions.......number 1, we are not doctors so even if you say something that might be "right," nobody will believe you.  secondly, you do what you want, i'll do what i want.  you don't care about me, i don't care about you.  waste your time helping people you do care about.

but back to covid, the illuminati is ready to release the next virus

and then world war 3.  and then world war 4.

we'll be busy for the next 40-years

So you are saying the CDC, the world renowned expert in diseases control, doesn't know what they're talking about? Or was this just a sarcastic post? Hard to tell any more.

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This is another stupid example of people focusing on the wrong thing, a few people on the beach or cycling, the virus is effecting peoples common sense.

Fact: the virus can effect peoples brains

And which few people are chosen for the beach. If a few people are allowed why not a few thousand. Who is in charge of selecting the lucky few allowed to go to the beach. For 6 weeks I've stayed at home except for food run. No beaches, no biking......Why? Because that's what we are told by the authorities. But apparently I got it wrong, these "stay at home" rules don't pertain to me.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And which few people are chosen for the beach. If a few people are allowed why not a few thousand. Who is in charge of selecting the lucky few allowed to go to the beach. For 6 weeks I've stayed at home except for food run. No beaches, no biking......Why? Because that's what we are told by the authorities. But apparently I got it wrong, these "stay at home" rules don't pertain to me.

biking, exercise is allowed, get out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That’s so right. Similar with the 90 day reports! Why do them in a person 

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Then there is this:

Last time I went up social distancing was around 1,000m, only 10 of us cycled the 11Km that morning.

As for cycling at 30Km/hr up the hill, you should try it yourself then tell us how close you came.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You'll need to explain how that works.

When I'm cycling I never touch anything but my bike, and the's nobody else near me in the road.

Laws are laws and if you don't obey you have to accept the consequences. This is the same in the whole world. It is nothing special. But you have the freedom to obey or not ????

Just now, Oldie said:

Laws are laws and if you don't obey you have to accept the consequences. This is the same in the whole world. It is nothing special. But you have the freedom to obey or not ????

When I don't obey laws, I try to avoid the consequences.

It's worked for me so far.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oldie said:

What law are you referring to?

rules.jpg.a506ec0d8a97ad56585cc3667b5e7705.jpg

image.thumb.png.af63f42571e72d962f0785ef5c26c56b.png

Edited by tarmovannas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When I don't obey laws, I try to avoid the consequences.

It's worked for me so far

If all people would live according the laws we wouldn't need the police, no jails and many more things. Can you imagine the costs that are created by people who don't care about laws? Everyone has to pay for it. I don't think that YOU have bad intentions. But there is a lot of effort necessary to enforce the laws because some people ignore them. 

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Last time I went up social distancing was around 1,000m, only 10 of us cycled the 11Km that morning.

As for cycling at 30Km/hr up the hill, you should try it yourself then tell us how close you came.

Can,t I just ride down,can’t be that difficult!

3 hours ago, J Town said:

It absolutely IS airborne and saying it's not just lengthens the time we're all gonna be stuck with it. That is, of course, unless if you have better info that contradicts the CDC.

"Mode of transmission: Current data suggest person-to-person transmission most commonly happens during close exposure to a person infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, primarily via respiratory droplets produced when the infected person speaks, coughs, or sneezes."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-recommendations.html

Totally incorrect. Respiratory droplets and an airborne disease are two completely different things. There is a staggering amount of ignorance about this disease. The distinction between droplets that can travel a few feet and an aerosol that remains in the air is huge. Therefore a cyclist would be at far greater risk of becoming infected, than he would be of spreading the disease unless he was symptomatic and coughing or sneezing immediately within the path of pedestrians. 

From the WHO study of over 70,000 cases. 

Respiratory infections can be transmitted through droplets of different sizes: when the droplet particles are >5-10 μm in diameter they are referred to as respiratory droplets, and when then are <5μm in diameter, they are referred to as droplet nuclei.1 According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.2-7 In an analysis of 75,465 COVID-19 cases in China, airborne transmission was not reported.8

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

Another example of an airborne pathogen is anthrax. It is a fine mist and stays in the air for a significant amount of time, can travel some distance and is deadly. It is a bacterial disease (which Covid is not) and infects the body when a person inhales anthrax spores. The difference between spores and droplets is significant. 

The virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks. These droplets are too heavy to hang in the air. They quickly fall on floors or surfaces. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within 1 metre of a person who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.

Edited by spidermike007

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's even more surprising is the guys always banging on about the air quality still live there

What's even more surprising is the guys that don't even live here banging on about a smog that is non-existent since the last weekend when rains started.

• Like 1

This is the kind of fear-mongering that's really damaging the fabric of society and will harden the reentry into normalcy. 

In short, viruses are transmitted only with a certain "load" of viral matter. Exhaled breath in open spaces do not carry the necessary load to infect another even if you are standing right next to someone. There's plenty of data on this. Examination shows that nearly all cases of infection were indoor situations. 

And it's interesting to see people point to "the law." There is no law requiring anyone to wear a mask in public.  Private enterprises can require patrons to wear a mask or don a tinfoil hat, if they insist. But here we are with the "us against them" mentality on an issue that has no public health benefit and isn't even required. 

As the number come out on the virus, more and more we see that the threat is less and less than initially thought. But we continue to hammer a fire hose of water on a building that stopped burning hours ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/28/2020 at 6:32 PM, pineapple01 said:

Is there anyone in that polluted dump that doesn't wheeze, splutter n cough. Why a ferang lives there heaven knows.

Jealousy will get you nowhere . ....ps ...there is no heaven....but Chiang Mai for 10 months of the year is probably the closest thing