Chiang Mai: "Irresponsible" Thai and foreign cyclists on Doi Suthep could spread virus

webfact

10 minutes ago, purcho said:

Jealousy will get you nowhere . ....ps ...there is no heaven....but Chiang Mai for 10 months of the year is probably the closest thing 

And the Tap Drips on. its bloody awful air on its best day even 25 years ago when i lived there.

20 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Im surprised Covits can survive in CMs smog.

You are ignorant on many matters . Chiang Mai suffers a smoke problem from seasonal burning of sugar cane fields and forestry for 2 /3 months per year . Most farang holiday or turn on their air purifyers and spend more time inside during this time . Bangkok suffers from a  smog problem most of the year , a combination of smoke and urban pollution. I have lived in both cities . Chiang Mai is more bearable . Pattaya is another matter . It suffers from RBS syndrome and POF syndrome all year, although it is low on both counts at the present time .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, purcho said:

You are ignorant on many matters . Chiang Mai suffers a smoke problem from seasonal burning of sugar cane fields and forestry for 2 /3 months per year . Most farang holiday or turn on their air purifiers and spend more time inside during this time . Bangkok suffers from a  smog problem most of the year , a combination of smoke and urban pollution. I have lived in both cities . Chiang Mai is more bearable . Pattaya is another matter . It suffers from RBS syndrome and POF syndrome all year, although it is low on both counts at the present time .

A Little Knowledge does a Lot of Harm.

2 minutes ago, purcho said:

You are ignorant on many matters . Chiang Mai suffers a smoke problem from seasonal burning of sugar cane fields and forestry for 2 /3 months per year . Most farang holiday or turn on their air purifyers and spend more time inside during this time . Bangkok suffers from a  smog problem most of the year , a combination of smoke and urban pollution. I have lived in both cities . Chiang Mai is more bearable . Pattaya is another matter . It suffers from RBS syndrome and POF syndrome all year, although it is low on both counts at the present time .

all trolls are ignorant by definition

On 4/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, EVENKEEL said:

And which few people are chosen for the beach. If a few people are allowed why not a few thousand. Who is in charge of selecting the lucky few allowed to go to the beach. For 6 weeks I've stayed at home except for food run. No beaches, no biking......Why? Because that's what we are told by the authorities. But apparently I got it wrong, these "stay at home" rules don't pertain to me.

I have never once seen an advisory against cycling and have racked up 100+ km per week in bangkok since other sports have been restricted.

If you chose to stay home despite no advisory against cycling, thats on you. Im going out in about 15 mins to do a quick 35k.

I will not stop unless caught at a traffic light, I will speak to no one and I will touch nothing but my handle bars and front gate. I will wear a mask to appease those around me.

While I cycle, I will encounter walkers, hoggers and other cyclists who otherwise remain home and get their daily exercise.

Because it is allowed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purcho said:

You are ignorant on many matters .  Mai suffers a smoke problem from seasonal burning of sugar cane fields 

As far as I know they don't grow sugar cane in Chiang Mai.

Maybe I'm ignorant!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1