Thailand in lockdown: Road deaths a fraction of normal

webfact

2 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

But yet, the government does nothing to cut down on the road deaths, never have, doubt they ever will.

Let's hope they don't look at the figures, decide they have done such a good job and impose curfews, lockdowns and alcohol prohibition for ever!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

But yet, the government does nothing to cut down on the road deaths, never have, doubt they ever will.

Yet we can be relatively sure, that some government- stooge will take all the praise forreducing road deaths , at the end of the year!

• Like 1

I wonder if they have statistics of the minor accidents.

I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of motorcycles (food and other deliveries) and some of these guys drive really crazily.

A house on our soi has turned what used to be a quiet soi into a motorcycle race track by offering food take away. 

• Like 1

As covid 19 subsides will they keep the country in lockdown because if they open it up there will be more road deaths? Are they only interested in showing off numbers to the international community? They use the excuse if they open up there will be a second wave so we have to remain locked down, wouldn't the same illogic apply? They just shot themselves with an article like this because most of know - although few will admit it publicly- what a crock this is.

Well Generals you know how to deal with the slaughter on the roads over New Year and Song Kran. Lock down, curfew and no alcohol sales.....the road deaths will come hurtling down. Think about it.

Personally I love the curfew.....it has really screwed up the mini-road-racers on their exhaust-free Honda 125s racing along my road at midnight. They can keep it going forever as far as I am concerned.

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Lets face it ,its not really the govts fault that if many Thai drivers had another brain cell they would be a plant.

Thailand. The hub of driving Amoebas. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Who would have thought that the onset of a deadly pandemic would cause an upwards trend in population numbers?

But not for long. The rev-heads are just itchin to be allowed to get back on the road and kill themselves or each other!

That is hard to believe!   Thais the ones on the motobikes got balls while the ones in cars are a bunch of cowards using their larger vehicle to demand and force others off the road as if they own them for cars only.

The ones on the bike got balls they travel with no helmet, drive down Soi that should be 30 Km/h at best going 80-90 under and over taking without a blink yet a Virus was the answer all the time?

It is Amazing Thailand!????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1