Video: Thai woman driver with dog on her lap causes accident, promises to pay but disappears

webfact

Video: Thai woman driver with dog on her lap causes accident, promises to pay but disappears

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A video on Facebook shows a Thai woman cause an accident in a car in Pathum Thani just north of Bangkok. 

The dash cam footage shows her cutting the corner at the Klong Prapha crossroads near Wat Sadet and colliding with another motorist. 

She had a dog on her lap. 

The pooch falls out of the driver's window on impact and is then yanked back in. 

The lady gave her name as Phanee from Pak Kret and promised to pay for everything. She gave her phone number. 

But calls to the number have gone unanswered for days since the accident last Thursday. 

Now "Nid Hnoi" is mounting an online search to bring Phanee and her pooch to justice. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-27

19 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

Animal abuse.

Hit and run.

Lack of brain.

3 offenses.

3x fines.

a wai doesn't fix this

The pooch was the smartest one, I get outta her(e)

Does Thailand even have a hit and run law? Is there any penalty?

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've nearly come a cropper in the same way as the camera car at that junction several times. 

Cutting the corner on the right turn is a national pastime and the bridge rail means that you can't see any vehicle where the camera car was positioned.

Yep. As is swinging out right before turning left and not being able to turn at a u-turn without going over several lanes.

Seemingly no one told them that steering wheels turn a lot - in fact all the way to the lock! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They always cut the corners,always the shortest way around,

to lazy to turn the driving wheel.many a time nearly had the same

thing happen,she will be saying I am not paying,it was the dogs fault !

regards Worgeordie

correct i see it everyday especially in small soi out to main road in house estate or vice versa example cutting into the path of turning left or right lane 

The victim is just as foolish as well. No photos of the accident scene. No noting the registration number of the car, no taking details of her drivers licence or ID.

Just blithely accepting a phone number and a (Thai) promise of 'don't worry, I'll pay for everything'. 

Would you accept that?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Photo of the licence plate, 500 baht at a police station. Then go around to the address with a couple of Thai bouncers. Plenty looking for work right now.

you beat me to it.... was all typed out, great minds think alike 555