Previously blocked contact still lurking

Myself and my wife have a business and it is linked to my facebook page, she is an administrator.

I see last night we received a "like / wow" emjoi on of our posts on the business page.

As it turns out from an old bf of hers she blocked 3 years ago from her FB. I was just wondering how he came to find our business page. He doesn't know me from a bar of soap and she had blocked him and I am certain she hasn't been in contact with him. At this stage I will state I am after tech advice here, not the usual snarky "she's different" rubbish. Just interested to know how this guy sniffed us out? He hasn't tried to make contact, nor did he make comments or try contact. Was never a problem in the past either but what does concern me I have an ex from a while ago stalking me who seems to know my every move, and likewise I blocked her from everything sometime ago.

The only thing I can think of is my wife got a new tablet a couple of days ago and would have added LINE, FB, Messenger etc. I know for a fact this person is blocked on all of these apps. She didn't import phone contacts or phone details as it is a wifi only tablet and he is not in her contacts anyway. I am guessing something has happened when she added these new apps. I see myself recently I got a new tablet and a few of the apps say are you ok to import contacts etc. I always say no. Must be a record there somewhere. She hasn't imported phone info into the tablet either, different brands. I often get a message saying so and so has added you from their contacts...and I always think it must be someone with a new phone updating their contacts. These devices are becoming so insidious now, suck up every aspect of your life. She doesn't use CLoud either. 

I know this person could have created an alias facebook page etc, but the name and profile photo of the account she has blocked is identical so I think it is the same FB account she has blocked. How does this all work?

Google  the name of your wife and see what references you find about her, specially with regards to your company. He might not see her FB anymore but most people have plenty of other references and information in the net

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tingtong2mut said:

As it turns out from an old bf of hers she blocked 3 years ago from her FB. I was just wondering how he came to find our business page. He doesn't know me from a bar of soap and she had blocked him and I am certain she hasn't been in contact with him. At this stage I will state I am after tech advice here, not the usual snarky "she's different" rubbish. Just interested to know how this guy sniffed us out?

Facebook 'android' trawls your mobile phone contacts list and suggests 'friends' based on that list (from both ends) using every platform you use with that Facebook account.

Either his number is still on her phone, or her number is still on his phone (or was, Facebook stores the numbers).

Same for Line ...... hookers I've shared Line with often pop-up as suggested Facebook friends.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Google  the name of your wife and see what references you find about her, specially with regards to your company. He might not see her FB anymore but most people have plenty of other references and information in the net

Yeah you got it on one, but the fact he went and looked must be because something to do with new tablet. Like I said Ive seen this before random peoples names coming up saying this person added me from their contacts....usually in LINE app. It's all pretty bad now. I see nearly every website I visit now, particularly last 2 months comes up with you need to accept this and that. I googled some specs on a laptop before and as we speak adds popping up all over Thai visa for the same thing. Nearly seems to me has gotten worse since Covid. With everyone focussed on other things its a free for all 

Edited by Tingtong2mut

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Facebook 'android' trawls your mobile phone contacts list and suggests 'friends' based on that list (from both ends) using every platform you use with that Facebook account.

Either his number is still on her phone, or her number is still on his phone (or was, Facebook stores the numbers).

Same for Line ...... hookers I've shared Line with often pop-up as suggested Facebook friends.

It's worse when they pop up as suggested friends on ur missus facebook lol

• 2 weeks later...

One of yours fb account linked? or friends with business account? or have made a comment across the accounts?

Or written a review?

Friends of friends on FB, this is one reason why he finds her.

Line, if chat wasn't deleted after contact blocked, same result, they pop up later.

When in doubt, factory reset + new sim.

In my case, when I buy a new phone = new play store account, new email. new fb account. New sim. New Line. Never use whatsapp. Hate stalkers. Start from scratch.

Problem free solution for me. In your case not practical.

Edited by OnTheGround
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, steven100 said:

if her number is still on his phone you shouldn't worry, if his number is still on her phone .... well, time to worry. 

Lol....reminds me of a Thai girl I was seeing for 2 years back in Sydney, great girl, looked after me and was literally with me all the time, then one day her mobile rang when she was in the shower, I went to answer it, couldn't believe it, was her x boyfriend who she had a restraining order on and she said she had no contact with him whatso ever for 2 years.

Well, when she came out of the shower I said you got a missed call, she looked at her phone and said, it was her girlfriend, probably wants to go shopping, I said why don't you call her back, she said, no need, not important otherwise she would have texted me, I said, sure it wasn't someone else, she said what, with this dumb look, and then she said in a defencive voice, what do you think I am lying, I said, yep, if your not lying, swear on your kids lives, and she did, I swear on my kids lives, that's when I got up and said say g'day to Wayne for me, you know the guy you haven't seen for two year, the guy with the restraining order, then I left her.

A week later I went around to collect a helmet of mine that I left behind, and as I was in the area decided to just drop in, could smell the meat from the BBQ lingering down the driveway, knocked on the door and one of her little ones opened the door, looked at me and ran to tell her mum I was there, door opened by itself and who was I looking at sitting on the couch drinking a beer while she was cooking the meat....lol, she came to the door all glamered up and said he just came by to talk, I said, sorry I didn't call, was in the neighborhood, just want to pick up my spare helmet, she looked disappointed, then went and got it, handed it to me, looking at me with those sorry eyes, I said what, you won't be needing it ????

Two months later I was in Phuket, the rest is history, as the saying goes, easy come, easy go.

• Like 1