Popcorn

fredwiggy

Does anyone know where in either Sisaket or Ubon Ratchathani province I can buy either low fat microwave popcorn or just the kernels in a jar that I can make myself with oil? I've seen microwave but the regular high fat kind,and no kernels anywhere near here.

• Haha 2

Thanks Andy. I was told awhile ago Makro had some and when I checked in Sisaket, asking an employee, he said they didn't. I guess I should have asked someone else. I'll try again, or in Ubon. Both are about the same distance away from me.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I was told awhile ago Makro had some ... asking an employee, he said they didn't.

In our Makro I found the 1kg bags in the Dried Herbs / Dried Beans section (close enough near the bags of ground black/white pepper).

18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Thanks Andy. I was told awhile ago Makro had some and when I checked in Sisaket, asking an employee, he said they didn't. I guess I should have asked someone else. I'll try again, or in Ubon. Both are about the same distance away from me.

Rule #1 of shopping in Thailand is never expect that employees know more than you do. ???? 

Rule #2 if it's a specialized sales person (power tools, cars) expect that they actually know less than you, and all their confidence and opinions comes just from the position that they hold. ????

I bet they had 10 pallets of corns kernels just behind the corner.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Thanks also Richcor. That's where I'll head when I go back. Miss popcorn.

You do not need oil to make popcorn - or to add salt.

In fact just 'popped corn' is a very healthy snack

• Like 1