CONFIRMED: Thailand extends ban on inbound passenger flights until May 31

Thailand extends ban on inbound passenger flights until May 31

2020-04-06T112702Z_1_LYNXMPEG350SC_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Passengers are seen at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International airport as Thailand will temporarily ban all passenger flights from landing in the country to curb the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Thailand,  REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File photo

Thailand has extended a ban on incoming passenger flights until the end of May in a bid to curb the coronavirus outbreak, the country’s aviation regulators said on Monday.

The ban which was first introduced on April 4, has been extended until May 31, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand confirmed on its website.

The only inbound flights permitted are state or military aircraft, repatriations, cargo and emergencies.

The extension will come into effect from May 1, 2020 at 00:01 am. until May 31, 2020 at 23:59. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-27

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Domestic flights are not international inbound flights

So much for the article a few hours ago stating she-wanna-boom was ready to accept certain inbound domestic flights beginning May 1st

First time I've heard that. Hilarious.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

So much for the article a few hours ago stating she-wanna-boom was ready to accept certain inbound domestic flights beginning May 1st

I believe the new story relates in inbound international flights, not domestic.

Edited by Upnotover
sp
  • Like 2

China is pretty much back to normal now. Chinese are presumably climbing the wall for a bit of travel and adventure. And the best welcome they can expect is here. Chinese tourists will not be greeted with smiles in Europe/USA any time soon.

So question: does anyone know the prebooking numbers for China-Thailand flights and hotel rooms starting June? My guess through the roof.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1