Nok Air - WARNING

Drew3223

Have a flight booked with this <snip> airline for June 2nd. 

They cancelled the flight, so I have had to book with Air Asia.

They acknowledge they have taken the damn flight off their schedule and cannot now guarantee my ticket, but they ask for me to wait until "the week before and check back."

I explained I am not prepared to wait until one week before, to find out they are not flying, then have to pay much more for a flight with Air Asia, and also my onward international travel to the UK.

Now they are telling me I can have a "voucher" for use in the next 365 days, despite my flying back to the UK and not coming back to Thailand, and that "they would not refund me even of the flight was cancelled."

<snip>

35 minutes ago, Drew3223 said:

Now they are telling me I can have a "voucher" for use in the next 365 days, despite my flying back to the UK and not coming back to Thailand, and that "they would not refund me even of the flight was cancelled."

I believe you will find that to be illegal, look into it, i.e. read the terms and conditions of the fare, if nothing about a voucher if flight is cancelled, you should be entitled to a full refund, maybe less an admin cost, depending on their wording of their policy.

I flew them years ago, now it's only AirAsia thanks.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

OP edited in accordance this forum rule:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you will find that to be illegal, look into it, i.e. read the terms and conditions of the fare, if nothing about a voucher if flight is cancelled, you should be entitled to a full refund, maybe less an admin cost, depending on their wording of their policy.

I flew them years ago, now it's only AirAsia thanks.

no point checking the t&cs as they may fall under any unfair contract and terms legislation that thailand has, i know the uk has such legislation. you need to focus on the sale of goods and services act/s to see if they are in breach.

in the uk airlines and travel companies are trying it on, illegally, but there you are entitled to a refund, not a voucher.

as others have said the quickest and easiest solution is, if relevant, via your credit card company

• Like 1

You might need to be aware that the current pandemic has been declared "force majeure" in many cases and therefore all contractual agreements may be void ! 

Force majeure is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a warstrikeriot, crime, epidemic or an event described by the legal term act of God, prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract.

2 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

I paid at 7-11.

Almost 5,000 Baht.

That is money I don't have right now to spend on another damn flight.

If you don't have £125 GBP should you really be this far from where you want to be given the ongoing situation?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Unbelievably, Nok Air have confirmed they cannot get me on the flight I booked as it is cancelled. Offered an alternative flight which leaves ten hours earlier and I cannot make it. Offered another flight from an alternative airport which means I'd have to stump up 6000 Baht for a private speedboat to get there in time. 

So I have to travel with Air Asia to get to my alternative flight and to Bangkok, and onwards to fly back to the UK.

Nok Air REFUSE to refund me. They acknowledge they have cancelled the flight I have paid for, but refuse to give me my money back.

Anyone have any suggestions? how to reach their CEO? Or the Thai Aviation authorities? Or how I might complaint to 7-11 management? They are the ones I paid for this flight (No kAir allow you to pay at 7-11).

Realistically you do not have any other options. You did not pay by credit card, so you cannot make a claim. You have no recourse against 7-Eleven, as they only acted as an agent to accept payment.

Your claim is a civil matter between yourself and a company. Your only option would be to pay to take the matter to the Civil Court, which would cost you much more than your current loss.

In this instance, I suggest that you will have to write the money off.

Tbh this would really p!ss me off too. This whole covid situation is an utter nightmare.

Looks like you will have to write it off, once you have calmed down you will no doubt realise that it would be plain ridiculous to pursue it through a court. 

Just another kick in the nuts in life. I've had plenty over recent years, some my fault some not, and I'm getting close to the edge now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So according to this story, all Nok customers received refunds after their flights were cancelled, due to the Covid.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/nok-air-will-survive-despite-bankruptcy-ceo

I swear, I have a dozen recordings of calls made over a three moth period, demanding my refund, and being told repeatedly that "head office" had said no, despite their cancelling the original flight due to the virus.

Any one know how I can contact the bankruptcy people in Thailand? Or the Thai aviation authority? Or better yet Nok's CEO?

It's disgusting!!! I think it can only be because I am falang.

Gonna contact Richard barrow now...

Edited by Drew3223