3 Phase Power Problems

carlyai

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

They took the cover of the meter and the PEA connections were lose. The guy said all of them. So tightened them all up and everything works again.

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

Check out post #2.  ????

Yea, I think pretty much everyone said to check ALL the connections (and interconnections).

Pretty much this is the first thing that should be done when experiencing voltage drops. Even if they all look tight, power off, loosen and snug them up again. 

Glad to hear the problem is finally solved.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Yea, I think pretty much everyone said to check ALL the connections (and interconnections).

Pretty much this is the first thing that should be done when experiencing voltage drops. Even if they all look tight, power off, loosen and snug them up again. 

Glad to hear the problem is finally solved.

Yes, slow learner, but I wasn't going to get a ladder and attach that meter box. I've got someone to call to do it now. It just seemed strange to me that all 3 phases started playing up at the same time if something was lose. But it could have been happening intermittently for awhile as that meter box has been installed in the same place with no additions for 6 years.

Lesson learned. Can sleep again. ????

• Like 1

Screw terminals are prone to loosening over time, especially in areas experiencing vibration.

But it's unlikely 'all' of the phase terminals on your meter would back off the same degree. More likely they were just never really tightened down to begin with. Surprised you weren't experiencing brown-outs.

• 4 weeks later...