No refund on re entry permit despite countries are lockdown...

ai7559

19 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Many countries would let you in but we all know that it's nigh on impossible to get back IN to Thailand with all the paperwork that's now required not to mention insurance

not nigh on, it is impossible unless you are a Thai national, there is no insurance or paperwork for non Thai's, just not allowed full stop

• Like 1

I always obtain a multi entry re entry permit when I renew my retirement extension.

As I will not have used it because of the restrictions when it’s time to apply again, I might request a refund.

I will post the outcome if still in the country !!!!!!!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I always obtain a multi entry re entry permit when I renew my retirement extension.

As I will not have used it because of the restrictions when it’s time to apply again, I might request a refund.

I will post the outcome if still in the country !!!!!!!

Me too.  3,600 baht for my multiple-reentry permit, and it looks like I won't get to use it all.  I don't expect a refund.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Many countries would let you in but we all know that it's nigh on impossible to get back IN to Thailand with all the paperwork that's now required not to mention insurance

Lol and someone actually gave you a like. Where have you been these last 4 weeks or so. It is impossible to enter Thailand until 31 May, that may be extended. Only Thai's on repatriation flights and some Thai's entering by land. Every entry is strictly controlled an 14 days mandatory quarantine in a state facility. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimn said:

Lol and someone actually gave you a like. Where have you been these last 4 weeks or so. It is impossible to enter Thailand until 31 May, that may be extended. Only Thai's on repatriation flights and some Thai's entering by land. Every entry is strictly controlled an 14 days mandatory quarantine in a state facility. 

Good God

Talk about pedantic, suppose you would have a go at me for missing a comma., I am sorry I wrote "nigh on" Happy now mate?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, buddhist said:

I have checked with the Immg but they gave me a standard answer: re entry permit is not refundable. But this is COVID that we are talking about. Not any ordinary no-use-permit. 

You walked out of Immigration with your re-entry permit?  The warranty was over as soon as you crossed the threshold.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, buddhist said:

I have checked with the Immg but they gave me a standard answer: re entry permit is not refundable. But this is COVID that we are talking about. Not any ordinary no-use-permit

so you already checked with immigration - the ones that issue and control the permit. You didn't like the answer so you came HERE to ask TVF members for a different answer? and if you get a positive answer, what will you do with it? go back to immigration and demand a refund based on the fact that someone on TVF said you should get a refund?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Good God

Talk about pedantic, suppose you would have a go at me for missing a comma., I am sorry I wrote "nigh on" Happy now mate?

Oh come on please. Its been all over the news that the are no incoming flights only repatriations. I was not being pedantic at all, I was just correcting your obvious error. You incorrectly stated paperwork and insurance was required and that was what I was getting at.

Edited by jimn

56 minutes ago, jimn said:

Oh come on please. Its been all over the news that the are no incoming flights only repatriations. I was not being pedantic at all, I was just correcting your obvious error. You incorrectly stated paperwork and insurance was required and that was what I was getting at.

What is incorrect?

Unless you are a Thai, which the OP is not you would need the correct paperwork to get in.

A guy came with his Thai wife from S.Africa and was denied entry as he did not have the paperwork, she was let in.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, steve187 said:

Thailand are not stopping you using the re-entry permit, your own country is not letting you enter. thats what you should be complaining about

No foreigners are allowed to enter Thailand, so of course he might not be able to enter using his visa if it expires. 

I never buy my re-entry permits until I'm at the airport leaving the country.

It's very convenient right there at the Immigration station. Takes but a few minutes. Have done it at least a half-dozen times over the years at International Departures in Chiang Mai, Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng. Piece of cake, no wasted time at the Immigration office, no over purchasing of permits not needed and never had a problem breezing right through. Unless you're leaving the country 4 times a year it's cheaper too.

19 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

What is incorrect?

Unless you are a Thai, which the OP is not you would need the correct paperwork to get in.

A guy came with his Thai wife from S.Africa and was denied entry as he did not have the paperwork, she was let in.

Yes I remember that case. As I remember he was able to check in for his flight because at the time of check in Thailand did not require specific paperwork for foreigners. However the requirements changed whilst he was travelling. Therefore she was allowed in and he was not. If paperwork was required at the time he would not have been allowed to check in. The point I am trying to make and you are refusing to accept is that at this time until 31 May, no insurance, fit to fly or Negative Covid test is required for a foreigner because there are no commercial flights into Thailand with foreigners, only repatriation flights carrying Thai citizens only.

Edited by jimn

36 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes I remember that case. As I remember he was able to check in for his flight because at the time of check in Thailand did not require specific paperwork for foreigners. However the requirements changed whilst he was travelling. Therefore she was allowed in and he was not. If paperwork was required at the time he would not have been allowed to check in. The point I am trying to make and you are refusing to accept is that at this time until 31 May, no insurance, fit to fly or Negative Covid test is required for a foreigner because there are no commercial flights into Thailand with foreigners, only repatriation flights carrying Thai citizens only.

Workpermit holders not allowed in anymore?

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

Workpermit holders not allowed in anymore?

No 100% not. This all changed when there was all that fuss around the repariation flight that Thai's arrived on and refused to go into quarantine. Remember that. Well since then no one exept government repatriation flights are allowed in. Thai's only. Strict 14 days quarantine.

Edited by jimn
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Me too.  3,600 baht for my multiple-reentry permit, and it looks like I won't get to use it all.  I don't expect a refund.

Ditto. 

Such is life. Plenty with bigger problems than worrying about a permit refund. 

On 4/28/2020 at 9:46 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Far as I know government departments don't give refunds. The cost was for the bureaucracy to to process the document etc. Whether it is used or not is not within their scope.