obtaining Phytosanitary Certificate

Loui85

Looking at buying a couple of plants from Thailand and know that I will need a Phytosanitary Certificate. Is it possible to get this by yourself, and what is the procedure ( and price)? Just wondering if worth the hassle or rather find a plant nursery that can do all that for you. I know people in Thailand who'd be able to get me the plant and sort out the certificate if this is possible, and then send it to me ( EU)  

Thanks in advance

Dunno now, but when I was importing plants into Switzerland I got the certificate at the Swiss customs. I had to call in advance as the plant inspector was likely to be at another customs post at any one time. 

Maybe things have changed under the new regulations.

7 hours ago, cooked said:

Dunno now, but when I was importing plants into Switzerland I got the certificate at the Swiss customs. I had to call in advance as the plant inspector was likely to be at another customs post at any one time. 

Maybe things have changed under the new regulations.

As far as Ive read, i need to get a certificate in Thailand. Ive never done it before so just wondering how people go about it

You can get a phytosanitary certificate from the Plant Protection Organization of Thailand, Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Bangkok. Their office is next to Kasetsart University in Bangkok. They also have a Plant Quarantine Station at Suvanarnbhumi Airport. You have to take the plants to be inspected before a standard phytosanitary certificate is issued. If there are any diseases or insects which have to be declared by the importing country, lab tests will have to be done. These take about 14 days. 

It would be a lot easier for you,if you could buy seeds and grow them

in your home country,just Google Exotic or tropical seeds, you will find

companies that have just about every seed.

When I used to import tropical fish and plants ,it's the exporter who

supplied the certificate at my cost,but for a couple of plants I don't

think they would take the order.or have a minimum order

What is the name of the plants you are looking for ?

regards Worgeordie